Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi Fi SKYN
Jan 14, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #873 of 1,140
The amp extreme, upgraded dac and there was another perk of $79 I believe that was free money to get something rolling. I didn't read the fine print and contributed to the worthless perk. I'll take blame for that. I ended up paying around $350 I think. I'll have to check indiegogo to make sure. Of course the $20 domestic shipping and I am almost at the $399. I guess the impressions are good so far so it is what it is. Looking forward to my 6+ version soon.

Jan 14, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #874 of 1,140
The amp extreme, upgraded dac and there was another perk of $79 I believe that was free money to get something rolling. I didn't read the fine print and contributed to the worthless perk. I'll take blame for that. I ended up paying around $350 I think. I'll have to check indiegogo to make sure. Of course the $20 domestic shipping and I am almost at the $399. I guess the impressions are good so far so it is what it is. Looking forward to my 6+ version soon.

Oh i See.. thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear there is no perks for early adoptors.

I see they have stock now for 6+ version. or is it still in production?

Jan 21, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #875 of 1,140

I am in the same boat with the 2 I bought as well :mad:

Jan 21, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #876 of 1,140
6+ skyn just arrived!
I also just realized I need to find another way to take pictures, as I cannot use my iPhone to take pictures of my iPhone
tongue.gif

I'll setup and listen tomorrow.

Jan 21, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #877 of 1,140
6+ skyn just arrived!
I also just realized I need to find another way to take pictures, as I cannot use my iPhone to take pictures of my iPhone :p  

I'll setup and listen tomorrow.

Use selfie mode and a mirror

Jan 22, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #878 of 1,140
I just bought an old iPad - in my one track mind, it is strictly for music playback, for burn-in at home and unattended playback at the local meets. Connected to a Pure i-20 dock, it'll be feeding my DACs. But it has a camera on it:

Charging area is in my kitchen. My daily driver, Nexus 5, is sitting next to the iPhone for comparison.

Jan 22, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #880 of 1,140
Anyone receive the 6 plus models and were you notified of shipping since all were suppose to go out this week?

Mine is the 6 plus model - no, I was not notified. It just showed up.
Additionally I was expecting the manual and Apple-certified box - this did not have those items. I'll post what arrived, but it was not the expected packaging:

The plastic bags were covering the skyn. In all, it was nicely packaged, but also inconspicuous. I had three audio-related things arrive, and had no clue what this one was.

Jan 22, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #881 of 1,140
Additionally I was expecting the manual and Apple-certified box - this did not have those items. I'll post what arrived, but it was not the expected packaging:

The plastic bags were covering the skyn. In all, it was nicely packaged, but also inconspicuous. I had three audio-related things arrive, and had no clue what this one was.

That's strange - the IGG updates talk about having gotten the retail packaging separately approved by Apple. I would have thought they would ship in the retail boxes then? Maybe they're trying to ship out asap so just sending in normal boxes vs. the retail packaging? @mgoodman if we want one in the retail package, can we specify?

Jan 22, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #882 of 1,140
  That's strange - the IGG updates talk about having gotten the retail packaging separately approved by Apple. I would have thought they would ship in the retail boxes then? Maybe they're trying to ship out asap so just sending in normal boxes vs. the retail packaging? @mgoodman if we want one in the retail package, can we specify?

I too would like the retail package, simply for the ability to sell later. Not that I want to...

::

And...wow! The sound!

I've never used my FiiO or iPod (or iPhone) directly for portable sound. Of my portable playback options, I would quickly rank the sound as thus:

• FiiO X3 > Moon Audio Black Dragon Coax > Chord Mojo
  • iPhone > CEntrance HiFi-Skÿn
  • Pono

And to my ears, the delta between 1 and 2 is very slight. Some people truly dislike the sound of the Mojo - going with #2 would make a lot of sense. And wow, the sound from the Skÿn is nice!

Perfect timing for a snow storm 
tongue.gif

Jan 22, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #883 of 1,140

Thanks for the info and pics. Hope to get mine next week. Retail box would be nice. Would love to get this fiasco behind me.

Jan 24, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #885 of 1,140
  Could you theoretically use a USB to lightning connector to stream music through the Skyn from your PC to your headphones?

The cable would have to have a female lightning connector on the end used to connect to the Skyn.
Does such a cable exist?

EDIT: I found extension cables, for use with an iPad or something else that does not fit into the Skyn. But why use that - you're probably more interested in the CEntrance DACport, either the HD or Slim, if you have a powered USB source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back