Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi Fi SKYN
Feb 1, 2016 at 10:12 PM Post #916 of 1,140
Sheldaze,
What phone is it?
Would you consider posting a picture or maybe two of the top, showing it snapped together with the top and bottom pieces lined up evenly with no gaps or bowing on the top or sides (with the phone in it)?
What about a close-up of the camera lens with the case on? (Picture #5 shows both the gap between top and bottom sections and the gap on the side just below the volume buttons, which is clearly not clean.)
I just don't see it snapping together and seating properly on top with that much of a gap where the two pieces come together just above the HiFi Skyn logo. Because I can't get this thing to fit on my 6S+ period, but without a phone in it the case snaps together and leaves ZERO gap between top and bottom sections nor on the sides.
Thanks in advance!

Feb 1, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #917 of 1,140
  Sheldaze,
What phone is it?
Would you consider posting a picture or maybe two of the top, showing it snapped together with the top and bottom pieces lined up evenly with no gaps or bowing on the top or sides (with the phone in it)?
What about a close-up of the camera lens with the case on? (Picture #5 shows both the gap between top and bottom sections and the gap on the side just below the volume buttons, which is clearly not clean.)
I just don't see it snapping together and seating properly on top with that much of a gap where the two pieces come together just above the HiFi Skyn logo. Because I can't get this thing to fit on my 6S+ period, but without a phone in it the case snaps together and leaves ZERO gap between top and bottom sections nor on the sides.
Thanks in advance!

Sure, I'll take more pictures. Spent more time than I wanted today - short time with this and longer time with other investigation that people on Head-Fi were asking. So probably tomorrow.

Still I thought the idea was that it would not close at all for people reporting issues with the iPhone 6+ and the 2015 year's model? And if you're looking for a perfect case, mine is not it. I'm definitely not going to defend CEntrance and say it is a perfect fit. It is good enough to stay on and play music for me.

Feb 2, 2016 at 2:36 AM Post #919 of 1,140
  Sure, I'll take more pictures. Spent more time than I wanted today - short time with this and longer time with other investigation that people on Head-Fi were asking. So probably tomorrow.

Still I thought the idea was that it would not close at all for people reporting issues with the iPhone 6+ and the 2015 year's model? And if you're looking for a perfect case, mine is not it. I'm definitely not going to defend CEntrance and say it is a perfect fit. It is good enough to stay on and play music for me.

Much appreciated. I'll be looking forward to that.

Feb 2, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #920 of 1,140
  I was curious what people were doing with regards to charging. I had planned to try a few things, and to ask what technique would be suggested directly from CEntrance. But since others are encountering the issue, I'll post here what I do.

Thus far, I have only been able to get my iPhone 6+ to truly charge at high speed by turning on the Skyn. So it goes something like this:

1. Plug in USB charger. The Skyn starts to charge and so does the iPhone 6+.
  2. Once the Skyn is charged, the iPhone 6+ charge drops to a trickle (basically useless - hours later it still is not charged).
  3. Instead I unplug from the charger, turn on the Skyn and continue charging my iPhone 6+ from the Skyn battery.
  4. Plug back in the USB charger to top off the Skyn.

But my guess is someone else has a better way?

Very good post! I thought I was the only one with charging issues :)

To be perfectly honest, I found that the best way (though not optimal in any way was to take our the phone/ipod from the case and charge the devices separately. When I use the Skyn to charge the phone/ipod, charging seems to be extremely slow.

1. Once the Skyn is charged, the iPhone 6+ charge drops to a trickle (basically useless - hours later it still is not charged).

I didn't realize that! Good to know!

btw ... does anyone know how to find out when the Skyn is fully charged? Is there a manual anywhere online. I didn't get any manual / instructions with the device.

Feb 2, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #922 of 1,140

Very good post! I thought I was the only one with charging issues :)

To be perfectly honest, I found that the best way (though not optimal in any way was to take our the phone/ipod from the case and charge the devices separately. When I use the Skyn to charge the phone/ipod, charging seems to be extremely slow.

I didn't realize that! Good to know!

btw ... does anyone know how to find out when the Skyn is fully charged? Is there a manual anywhere online. I didn't get any manual / instructions with the device.

crazydeep,

Austin e-mailed me the link to the pdf manual, but the strange thing is that I cannot find a way to copy and paste either the link or the file itself. Maybe you can e-mail CEntrance and request one.

Anyway, it includes the following: 

" Charging LED
Overview:

As soon as a 5V charger is connected to the USB jack, the white

charging LED will be ON and HiFi-Skyn will start charging the internal battery. If you want to also charge the iPhone, turn HiFi-Skyn ON by pressing and holding

its power button for longer than 1 second.

Details: The charging LED has a familiar lightning symbol next to it. HiFi-Skyn will keep charging its internal battery even when in the OFF state. It will stop charging automatically and the charging LED will go off when internal battery is fully charged. It is safe to leave the adaptor plugged-in. HiFi-Skyn will not be damaged if the adaptor remains plugged in indefinitely. Every once in a while, HiFi-Skyn may start charging briefly, in order to “top off” its battery, as needed. The Charging LED will turn ON during that time and then turn OFF again

automatically. No user intervention is required. "

Feb 2, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #923 of 1,140
FYI, I took additional pictures. But for whatever reason, they are not showing up in iCloud on my laptop. I'll post once they show up.

Feb 3, 2016 at 1:08 AM Post #924 of 1,140
Hey I just got my Skyn but It seems that I am not able to power off. I have pressed and hold for 5 sec and it just cant turn off. It wont connect to the iphone. Any help appreciated.

Feb 3, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #926 of 1,140
I placed my order two days ago and last night got an email from CEntrance saying:

As of right now, we are awaiting Apple's final approval to ship out the iPhone 5 & 6 models of  the HiFi Skyn, so we are unable to ship your unit until it is approved.   We are expecting it to be approved very soon however, and we will ship  your Skyn out as soon as possible when it is. Please let me know if you have any questions.

I responded back asking:

Do you have an exact date for shipment?  I don't want an open-ended waiting game.  You should warn people on the website before they place their orders that you can't ship yet.

If you don't have a firm date for when you can ship, then please cancel my order.  If you do, then please let me know what it is so I can decide if I want to wait or not.

Let see what they say, but I am a bit disappointed in the lack of disclosure.  

Feb 3, 2016 at 5:46 AM Post #927 of 1,140
  I placed my order two days ago and last night got an email from CEntrance saying:

I responded back asking:

Let see what they say, but I am a bit disappointed in the lack of disclosure.  

They can't possibly give you a date. It's like the app store - you don't know when it will be approved. So, I would cancel and have them send you a notice once it's ready to ship so you can re-order should you still be interested. I agree, should be better explained on the website that it might be in stock but can't be shipped.

Cheers!

Feb 3, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #928 of 1,140
Actually they made me happy, here is their reply, which is completely fine with me (actually even better since my plan was to get an ipod touch once the iphone7 comes out and give my iphone 5 to my daughter):

We do not have an exact date as to when Apple will approve the 5 model (their test lab runs on their own schedule), but what we can do is ship you an "iPod Touch" version of the iPhone 5 Skyn, the only differences between it and the normal Skyn are that it includes a silicone support pad for iPods and that is it marked differently.  It will still work with the iPhone 5 / 5S should you choose to use it with the Skyn.  Would this work for you?  As well, I see that you selected the Skyn in Gray.  The Gray will be more of a dark Gray, rather than a Pewter Gray.

Feb 3, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #929 of 1,140
Actually they made me happy, here is their reply, which is completely fine with me (actually even better since my plan was to get an ipod touch once the iphone7 comes out and give my iphone 5 to my daughter):

Micheal and CEntrance really do try hard to make this work they have been more than polite with my enquirers when I have emailed them.. The iPhone 5 and 6 will be approved and shipped and I cannot wait to get it

Keep up the steam and updates CEntrance

Feb 7, 2016 at 2:56 AM Post #930 of 1,140
I emailed and asked Centrance for a link to the Hifi-Skyn and they obliged.

Thanks.

http://www.centrance.com/products/hifi-skyn/HiFi-Skyn_manual.pdf

http://www.centrance.com/products/hifi-skyn/HiFi-Skyn_manual.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back