Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi Fi SKYN
Jan 29, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #903 of 1,140
Fitting issue could be due to protruding camera from 6+
Little DIY should fix the issue(scraping the camera window)
As the device sounds great, I feel that Centrance should not be persecuted( If fitting issue can be fixed by DIY)
There are so many waiting patiently for 6 skyn( I feel for them, I changed from 6 to iPod touch version)
Very happy with sound and build.
About charging, Skyn will not charge iPhone until it is fully charged, then it charges pretty fast
Hopefully everyone will be happy at the end( Centrance did not manage this well but they are working hard, really hard)
Thats my take for now though I was very frustrated with long wait

Jan 29, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #904 of 1,140
Persecuted? No, but I don't think it's too much to ask for the product to fit the iPhone without breaking out the dremel or a filer, if that will indeed even fix the issue.

I hope I don't end up with an ill-fitting Skyn.

Jan 30, 2016 at 4:15 AM Post #905 of 1,140
Maybe there was just a bad batch? Can't imagine they didn't test it with the 6+ before going into mass production. Does anyone on here have a 6+ that fits?

Fitting issue could be due to protruding camera from 6+
Little DIY should fix the issue(scraping the camera window)
As the device sounds great, I feel that Centrance should not be persecuted( If fitting issue can be fixed by DIY)
There are so many waiting patiently for 6 skyn( I feel for them, I changed from 6 to iPod touch version)
Very happy with sound and build.
About charging, Skyn will not charge iPhone until it is fully charged, then it charges pretty fast
Hopefully everyone will be happy at the end( Centrance did not manage this well but they are working hard, really hard)
Thats my take for now though I was very frustrated with long wait

Persecuted? No, but I don't think it's too much to ask for the product to fit the iPhone without breaking out the dremel or a filer, if that will indeed even fix the issue.

I agree - the case should fit the phone.
I agree - the camera appears to be the primary issue with the iPhone 6+, white case.

I did try a Dremel to adjust the case a little, but my kit doesn't have the proper parts to really take out much from the camera part of the case. I posted pictures - my case is closed, but it was certainly a tight squeeze. I can post more pictures later, take out the phone, show you the inside of the case.

What I was planning to do (and have been delayed by just not wanting to go to the stores unnecessarily because parking is still a pain after the snow storm) was get the proper file to see if that truly makes it simpler to put the phone in the case. But my phone is in the case, fully closed. It's just a tight fit around the lens.

Jan 30, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #906 of 1,140

Count me in the same camp, TimeLord.
The key words are "if that will indeed even fix the issue". Also, will it affect the warranty? What if someone accidentally slips with the file or knife and makes an ugly gouge in the unit?
A lot of questions, and still no answers from CEntrance although comments of ill-fitting units started showing up on the Indiegogo page a full week ago.

Jan 31, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #907 of 1,140
So the campaign owner Michael posted an update today. He said that he hasn't been able to duplicate the issue of the Skyn not fitting the iPhone 6+. (No mention of the 6S+, which is wider, taller and deeper than the 6+ according to Apple's website.)
He said that they will postpone shipping of any 6+ models while they investigate and "test a lot of phones".
​I suggested on the Indiegogo site that he might want to test a lot of Skyns, not a lot of phones.  
With that said, Michael is out of the country and has promised to get to the bottom of this when he returns to the States.
With today's update, my patience has been reset by a few days......

Feb 1, 2016 at 7:08 AM Post #908 of 1,140
I'm considering buying this HiFi Skyn, but am wondering if I should hold out for the Arcam MusicBoost instead?  

At half the price, and with a much smaller form factor, the MusicBoost looks very attractive.  But, 1) I can't find much in the way of reviews on the Music Boost, and 2) am worried that the the MusicBoost may not have the output power I need.  (I plan to primarily use my AlphaDog Primes, which currently my idevices are unable to power at reasonable levels without a big loss in bass and dynamic range). 

Am I missing anything that makes the HiFi Skyn clearly superior to the MusicBoost from a technology / specs standpoint? 

The MusicBoost is listed with an "in stock date" on Amazon on Feb 3,  and a price of $200 (free shipping since I have prime) but I can't find enough detail to do a side-by-side specs comparison with the HiFi Skyn.

Feb 1, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #909 of 1,140
I believe the Skyn has way more power than the Arcam, 
Code:
[color=rgb(34, 34, 34)] [b]Music Boost specs:[/b][/color]
Code:
[color=rgb(34, 34, 34)] Headphone Impedance / Output Power[/color]
  1. Code:
     16 Ohm 44 + 44mW
  2. Code:
     32 Ohm 22 + 22mW
  3. Code:
     64 Ohm 11.5 + 11.5mW
  4. Code:
     300 Ohm 2.5 + 2.5mW

Feb 1, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #910 of 1,140
For get the Arcam.  44mW at only 16ohms is not even worth mentioning, not to mention you lose so much functionality by not getting the Skyn that you will just be sorry later.

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #912 of 1,140
I believe the Skyn has way more power than the Arcam, 
Code:
[color=rgb(34,34,34)]
[b]Music Boost specs:[/b]

[/color]

Code:
[color=rgb(34,34,34)]
Headphone Impedance / Output Power
[/color]

1. Code:
    16 Ohm 44 + 44mW

2. Code:
    32 Ohm 22 + 22mW

3. Code:
    64 Ohm 11.5 + 11.5mW

4. Code:
    300 Ohm 2.5 + 2.5mW

That is indeed not a lot. Good enough for some iems but far from great. Skÿn destroys these specs....

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #914 of 1,140

Yep according to the initial specs for Amp Extreme, the IGG site says it will do 300mw per channel into 32ohms...

Yep, which is 600mW into 16 ohms.  No contest here.

Feb 1, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #915 of 1,140
Sorry for the shadow guys - the ceiling light is behind me (as I take the pictures). 2nd picture is close-up of the camera lens area, where I originally thought to try to open up the hole, but I really was not at all successful, as you can see from the picture. The rest are just lining it up and sliding the iPhone 6+ into place.

BTW, it actually snapped into place much more easily this time than it did when the case first arrived.
Let me know if you want other angles or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back