CEntrance DACport HD
Jan 12, 2017 at 2:45 AM Post #242 of 277
  Not sure if the mac is upsampling or downsampling, but i can select any of those options and the HD will play.  No error messages.

Just realized Macs don't require a driver so that's probably why you don't have this issue.  No one using windows with the HD have a Tidal subscription and tried the Master streaming setting?  If anyone has were you successful?

CEntrance wasn't any help when I emailed them.  They told me to select 24/96 with the system sound settings.  The only problem is 16 and 32 bit are the only options.  

Jan 12, 2017 at 2:48 AM Post #243 of 277
Just realized Macs don't require a driver so that's probably why you don't have this issue.  No one using windows with the HD have a Tidal subscription and tried the Master streaming setting?  If anyone has were you successful?

CEntrance wasn't any help when I emailed them.  They told me to select 24/96 with the system sound settings.  The only problem is 16 and 32 bit are the only options.  

Did you try 32bit and 96 khz? I use that on my pc and no issues yet

Jan 12, 2017 at 2:53 AM Post #245 of 277
I did.  Are you using Tidal Master quality streaming?

Oh no, I don't have tidal. I'm guessing you are having issues with tidal? I use Amazon music and winamp on my pc.. Can't say anything about tidal though :/

Jan 12, 2017 at 2:54 AM Post #246 of 277
Oh no, I don't have tidal. I'm guessing you are having issues with tidal? I use Amazon music and winamp on my pc.. Can't say anything about tidal though :/

Yeah I don't have issues with foobar2000 or anything else just Tidal and was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same issue.

Jan 19, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #247 of 277
I'm also experiencing the same Tidal error. Even when setting to 16/44, the app isn't happy.

Since the DACport HD doesn't do MQA, I have Exclusive Mode and Force Volume checked. With software processing MQA, should get 24/96 so I set my DACport to 32/96 for now.

I started seeing the error after selecting Exclusive mode. Tidal settings for "Sound Output" also doesn't persist w/ exclusive mode. It'll change from "CEntrance USB Audio" to "System Default" no matter what I do. I think this is the cause of the 16/44 error.

Regarding the DACport settings, looked at the back of the DACport HD box. On there it says:

Sample Rate: up to 384 kHz, DSD128
Resolution: 32-bit (Also supports 16-bit)

Looks like there may have been a specifications change at some point. Potentially 24-bit is not a option with the DACport HD.

Jan 19, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #248 of 277
  I'm also experiencing the same Tidal error. Even when setting to 16/44, the app isn't happy.

Since the DACport HD doesn't do MQA, I have Exclusive Mode and Force Volume checked. With software processing MQA, should get 24/96 so I set my DACport to 32/96 for now.

I started seeing the error after selecting Exclusive mode. Tidal settings for "Sound Output" also doesn't persist w/ exclusive mode. It'll change from "CEntrance USB Audio" to "System Default" no matter what I do. I think this is the cause of the 16/44 error.

Regarding the DACport settings, looked at the back of the DACport HD box. On there it says:

Sample Rate: up to 384 kHz, DSD128
Resolution: 32-bit (Also supports 16-bit)

Looks like there may have been a specifications change at some point. Potentially 24-bit is not a option with the DACport HD.

CEntrance told me it's a Tidal issue and it's being worked on.  I sent my unit back because of this and my micro usb port was soldered at a angle so I had issues plugging in some of my usb cables.

Apr 5, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #249 of 277
One of the reviews I read states it does not add much to the low end and helps more with mid and higher range frequencies?

Apr 5, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #250 of 277
One of the reviews I read states it does not add much to the low end and helps more with mid and higher range frequencies?

It doesn't.

Not does it add mids. Not does it add highs.

It's a reference dac after all. It's not suppose to add anything. ^_^

Apr 5, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #251 of 277
It doesn't.

Not does it add mids. Not does it add highs.

It's a reference dac after all. It's not suppose to add anything. ^_^

OK, I'm not real knowledgeable on these kind of things so I apologize for my ignorance.
What I'm really looking for is for it to add I guess amplification so that the various frequencies are enhanced, more clear and spacious. Does that make sense?

Apr 5, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #252 of 277
Every headphone is different and reacts to amplification differently. Some benefit greatly from amping, some don't.

Apr 7, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #253 of 277
Can you recommend some good USB cable for Dacport with shipping in Europe?

Apr 7, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #254 of 277
It's a USB cable lol. It doesn't really matter. USB has error correction and is a digital signal. Just make sure it's a data + power since some really cheap cables only provide power.

Apr 7, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #255 of 277
lol u must be new here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back