CEntrance BlueDAC - Anyone aware?
Apr 23, 2017 at 6:06 AM Post #17 of 94
Hey Mr Goodman

Can you tell how is bluedac compared to mini-m8 soundwise?
Already have mini-m8, great combo with my fostex th-x00, use it a lot wth playstation 4 through optical input (which obviously won't work with bluedac :) ), but the large charger kills me.

Thanks.

Apr 23, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #18 of 94
  If we reach the EQ stretch goal (TBD), then we would likely use the same EQ as we featured in HiFi-M8 and DACportable. That's a slightly nuanced, musical boost for treble and for bass. We don't have any panel space left for additional switches, and obviously not for a screen, so not sure how to enable selecting the filters on the DAC. In our experience only one setting is awesome and others are not worth it. So we've enabled the right setting. 

Michael,

Love the idea of a high quality bluetooth portable headphone amp/dac combo.  Backed the Indiegogo campaign for the limited edition pledge.  I've broken my headphone input once and bent two mini male connectors for my Sennheiser HD598s.  Also being able to work with the phone while listening is a huge benefit for someone in IT support as I can more easily reply to emails or text messages.  I'd love a stretch goal with some kind of carry case with belt clip and key ring hole and cutout for volume control, just a thought.

BTW:  Always loved your products as I already have your DACMini Px, doing solid duty in the bedroom hooked up to a smart TV via Opt.

Apr 23, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #20 of 94
Would you guys ever do a similar product with optical input? I have the wonderful Dacportable and would love to see an offering from you guys with an optical input as well as usb. For times when I want to watch 4k movies/or play games on my xboxone S without disturbing the misses.

Apr 23, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #22 of 94
Mostly transportable. Something I can use on my desk (usb), other times optical for when I want to use it on my tv/PS3/xboxoneS. The thought of clean audio coming from 4k blurays while watching them on my 4ktv sounds awesome. I already have the Dacport Slim and the Dacportable so looking for a solution from you guys seems natural.

Apr 23, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #23 of 94
I'm still on the fence about balanced output. Everything I have read seems to make more sense for long studio runs. At the moment, I don't have any headphones that would be able to take advantage of the balanced output. For me, the versatility of an optical input and being at least transportable, is what I am most looking for in a product right now.

Apr 23, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #24 of 94
If you don't need balanced or the Bluetooth capabilities, I recommend the Dacportable that Centrance also makes. I use it while walking to work and on my desktop. Very good clean sound.

Apr 24, 2017 at 1:25 AM Post #25 of 94
Mostly transportable. Something I can use on my desk (usb), other times optical for when I want to use it on my tv/PS3/xboxoneS. The thought of clean audio coming from 4k blurays while watching them on my 4ktv sounds awesome. I already have the Dacport Slim and the Dacportable so looking for a solution from you guys seems natural.

You should check mini-m8 out, it takes optical input and has balanced output as well as 3.5, plus some say that it sounds better than dacportable ( I did't hear dacportable so can't be sure here).

Apr 24, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #27 of 94
  Hey Mr Goodman

Can you tell how is bluedac compared to mini-m8 soundwise?
Already have mini-m8, great combo with my fostex th-x00, use it a lot wth playstation 4 through optical input (which obviously won't work with bluedac :) ), but the large charger kills me.

Thanks.

Mini-M8 is 2 generations behind in terms of amp quality, especially referring to the balanced output. I would say that BlueDAC is far advanced in terms of lower noise and lower distortion. BlueDAC is also much more powerful than Mini-M8.

Apr 24, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #28 of 94
I see. Thx for the response. I guess I will continue to look for a optical input product with similar specs to my Dacportable. Whenever I read about other portable/transportable dacs having channel imbalance issues I wonder how you guys got it so right with the Slim and the Dacportable. I have an old inexpensive amp i used to use and the channel imbalance at low volumes just gets to me.

Jun 5, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #29 of 94
@mgoodman does the bluedac allow wired connection to a phone/tablet without draining its battery? While Bluetooth is mostly sufficiently good for on-the-go usage, there are mobile situations were it would still be great to have wired. Think of a quiet porch in the evenings or a nice spot in the park.

Also, does the bluedac support the LDAC codec which will be included in Android O?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back