Censorship?
Jul 19, 2010 at 5:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

pytter

100+ Head-Fier
Put in a post last night in the "Announcing the upcoming HEAD-FI QUARTERLY!" post just stating that it seems it is not happening anymore and if the good folk who put in effort on this would like to share some of their work in this forum only to find the my post removed and the thread locked an hour or so later. 

Did I hit on a raw nerve?  Seems a bit OTT......

Jul 19, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #3 of 11
If you have questions about actions taken by the Head-Fi staff, you should send a PM to a moderator or administrator and ask. The general rule is that board administration is not discussed publicly.

Jul 20, 2010 at 12:21 AM Post #5 of 11
pytter,

I've been heavily censored on this very forum, and I've been discriminated against, but that was not here. It was in Orleans Parish Prison. They don't keep enough 10X 0range jumpsuits for people of my circumferencetial grandeur.

I'm not blowing spores out my kiester, either. See the evidence against Head-Fi:

My cheese thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/213829/i-melt-cheese-on-my-thigh-and-microwave-ice-cream/30
Bastards locked it down! Why? ...Follow the money. 

Current cheese thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/502681/the-ultimate-sandwich-cheese
None, zero, goose egg, nada moderation. Apparently, the 'right' cheeses are being discussed.

Jul 20, 2010 at 2:29 AM Post #6 of 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif

...... They don't keep enough 10X 0range jumpsuits for people of my circumferencetial grandeur.

I saw an alleged picture of your thigh in your other cheese thread. The image appears significantly disproportionate to your "circumferencetial grandeur".
blink.gif

Jul 20, 2010 at 3:42 AM Post #8 of 11
Too bad!
Guess that mean the quarterly will not happen. Pretty much how just like how the Podcasts suddenly ended...

Jul 20, 2010 at 4:52 AM Post #9 of 11

Quote:
If you have questions about actions taken by the Head-Fi staff, you should send a PM to a moderator or administrator and ask. The general rule is that board administration is not discussed publicly.

Are you serious?  So any action by an administrator is not to be discussed in a forum?  This is a general rule on this forum or is this a general rule on forums in general?  I am only asking because I do not know!

To be honest, my heading is a little tongue in cheek - I started the post as I and many others are/ were very enthusiastic about the quarterly.  In the absence of any information as to whether this is still happening, it is not unreasonable for people to ask what is happening and failing an answer to this simple question, some will volunteer their own opinion as to what may or may not be happening (only human nature) I hardly think this should shock anyone! 

Jul 20, 2010 at 4:56 AM Post #10 of 11
Actually that's a pretty good policy - Back when i still ran forums, I insisted users bring up issues to staff directly, and when a decision was made, we're respond directly to the user, and to the community if needed. It keeps the peanut gallery at bay, and lets the admins think about the best way to handle stuff.

Jul 20, 2010 at 5:04 AM Post #11 of 11
OK - Fair enough.  I will e-mail the guys and ask....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back