Censorship on Head-fi
Oct 17, 2004 at 12:40 AM Post #77 of 202
Only in his spare time.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 17, 2004 at 12:53 AM Post #79 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth
All I want to know is why am I depicted as a very effeminate male at best or at worst a kinda cute late 20, early 30 something female?

Well it was either that or some weird ventruiloquist holding one of those cabbage patch kids
biggrin.gif
j/k

Oct 17, 2004 at 1:25 AM Post #80 of 202
The thing to do would be to get the original pictures back up then ask questions of the people who own similar amps from the same manufacturer.

Have them open the amp up if they so chose, inspect and photograph the inner workings of the amps. Then people can make their own minds up as to whether this was an anomaly or representative of the workmanship. Then we can discuss the merits of the work whether good or bad. Maybe there’s nothing wrong, maybe there is?

People should know what they’re getting. Internal photos are regularly displayed. If there’s a problem with this then it should be discussed in the open in a polite fashion.

If through a consensus we help remove doubt or improve a product the manufacturer and we will benefit.

Mitch

Oct 17, 2004 at 1:31 AM Post #81 of 202
Just so you know :-

Whenever I get something new - I open it up to make sure everything that I asked for is in there - down to the tiniest detail. I like to examine the builders workmanship, style, planning, layout and attention to detail. You know a good builder when you see their work. Even point to point (no PCB) looks good when properly executed (see the chinese amps...woo audio for example and iirc tuberoller posted pics of some chinese amp that looked awesome inside!)

Without looking at the interiors of a product it is highly unlikely that I will throw my money down on the table for it. All my amp-related purchases so far have been made after personally examining the amp / or / looking at pics here on headfi and on other websites.

Tiny little nitpicks
rolleyes.gif

Oct 17, 2004 at 1:44 AM Post #82 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
I would also like to see what the insides look like...curiosity/ interest in seeing the quality of the work...various reasons.

It can't be any worse than what I'm imagining -- based on all the fuss.

Oct 17, 2004 at 1:51 AM Post #83 of 202
I read the last four pages and still have no idea what specific deletion this thread is referring to.
tongue.gif

Thus far, my experience here has been very good. This forum is surprisingly mature (for the most part) for what I would guess is a younger demographic. Moderators have been overbearing; I haven't once felt my freedom of expression stiffled. Of course, that might be because I still have no idea what this thread is referring to
wink.gif

Admittedly, I tend to give moderators more sympathy and appreciation. Being a moderator myself, I know how difficult the job is. I loothe censorship (although everyone needs to understand freedom of speech inherently has its limitations). But I also can't stand people who jump to conclusions and/or make up conspiracy theories when something is done. If I had a quarter for all the conspiracy theories and accuastions of unfair bias during my tenure as a moderator, I'd have a fleet of R-10s by now
biggrin.gif

Oct 17, 2004 at 2:12 AM Post #85 of 202
Quote:

Whenever I get something new - I open it up to make sure everything that I asked for is in there - down to the tiniest detail. I like to examine the builders workmanship, style, planning, layout and attention to detail. You know a good builder when you see their work. Even point to point (no PCB) looks good when properly executed (see the chinese amps...woo audio for example and iirc tuberoller posted pics of some chinese amp that looked awesome inside!)

Without looking at the interiors of a product it is highly unlikely that I will throw my money down on the table for it. All my amp-related purchases so far have been made after personally examining the amp / or / looking at pics here on headfi and on other websites.

Tiny little nitpicks
rolleyes.gif

Just so you know, I (and my fellow coworkers) used to sell products based upon their internal quality construction. We took EVERYTHING apart and analyized the construction, from components chosen to quality of workmanship. EVERYTHING. Not a single component was ever NOT taken apart to inspect the quality.

The best thing which sticks in my mind was that we sold both home audio and quality car audio (early 80's) and Kenwood just introduced their new models, the KRC-636 and KRC-838. The internal construction was totally modular - all circuits were on plug in boards with the exception of the RF stage, everything from the Dolby circuits to the logic was on boards, and the stainless steel chassis cover was not attached with screws, just carefully shaped to engage the proper slots for holding. So, during our demonstration, we would pull it from the radio board (it was a pull out design radio), rip the top cover off with our bare hands, reach in a pull the Dolby NR circuit out and present it to the customer. "Absolute eaze of service, extended life with a carefully designed product". And for sure it was true - that radio almost never f#@!ed up.

Design, construction and quality / life expectancy go hand in hand in electronics. Always have, always will.

Oct 17, 2004 at 4:19 AM Post #86 of 202
Quote:

Whenever I get something new - I open it up to make sure everything that I asked for is in there - down to the tiniest detail.

You're just too tempted by those "void if removed" stickers, aren'tcha?
evil_smiley.gif

-Ed

Oct 17, 2004 at 4:28 AM Post #87 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
You're just too tempted by those "void if removed" stickers, aren'tcha?
evil_smiley.gif

-Ed

I dont even see em...I take em right off.

Off-Topic :-

Think about this : Brand spanking new laptop delivered.Test it quickly to ensure functionality, flip it over and remove the CPU and the crappy thermal job, lap the heatsink to a mirror finish, lap the CPU to a mirror finish, use top quality arctic silver paste and proceed to use it...warranty blown sky high in less than 3 hours from delivery
rolleyes.gif

Oct 17, 2004 at 5:07 AM Post #88 of 202
Quote:

Coz you're nice and besides - look what happened to JMT
very_evil_smiley.gif
LOLLERS
k1000smile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth
What? JMT is NOT a rotund middle-aged woman?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant
Only in his spare time.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth (again)
mmmm Jon in drag. Has a nice ring to it, no?

You know, I'm just sitting here. Minding my own business.....
rolleyes.gif

Oct 17, 2004 at 5:37 AM Post #90 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMT
You know, I'm just sitting here. Minding my own business.....
rolleyes.gif

Hey isn't that rick's line?
I am sorry that everyone is picking on you Jon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back