Cen.Grand 9i-906 "Silver Fox"
Apr 14, 2024 at 10:30 PM Post #961 of 968
Got one of these used with gold knobs, feels like a real bargain. Can't wait to try it out.

Synergistic Research PINK Quantum Fuses × 1
Small 5x20mm (0.75") / Fast (F) / 16A

The above is correct I believe. Anyone confirmed the orientation?
Yes, that is the correct fuse.

Apr 15, 2024 at 9:15 AM Post #962 of 968
I’m in the process of moving cross country and packed up most of my audio gear this weekend.

Agartha, way too many drivers (I might have a slight problem here), VO and Caldera are all packed up and ready for the move

I kept my AC and Silver Fox out for daily use (plus my portable rig). This is a testament to how great of an amp the Silver Fox is (even with ZMF Dynamics). I don’t feel like I’m missing anything tbh

Apr 15, 2024 at 9:31 AM Post #963 of 968
I could be wrong but is the fuse for the Silver Fox not supposed to be a small 16amp Slow Blow? I have a slow blow fuse in my Silver Fox. Do I have the wrong fuse? Is it a problem?

Apr 15, 2024 at 9:54 AM Post #964 of 968
I could be wrong but is the fuse for the Silver Fox not supposed to be a small 16amp Slow Blow? I have a slow blow fuse in my Silver Fox. Do I have the wrong fuse? Is it a problem?
You can either use a 6.3 Amp Slow Blow or 16 Amp Fast Blow (see below)

Yes using a 16 Amp Slow Blow could present a problem
You have a choice of a 6.3 Amp slow blow or a 16 Amp fast blow, as the design engineer of this model already stated in a post a couple pages back. They will both offer the same level of protection in this device. The advantage of the 16 Amp fast blow in this application is it can improve sound quality a little. Understanding the time delay involved for continuous amp draw is the key between a slow blow and a fast blow fuse and even more so in how circuit breakers function in your home.

Apr 15, 2024 at 10:02 AM Post #966 of 968
I have been told that the 16A slow blow is correct. The way I figure it shouldn’t make much difference slow blow or fast blow with 16A fuse. I may be wrong. In any case I have been told that the 16A slow blow is the correct fuse.

Apr 15, 2024 at 10:51 AM Post #967 of 968
Does 'timed' mean there are different types of slow-blow fuses. Or is that just what a slow-blow fuse is, a timed fuse (I'm guessing). Sounds like simply all 5x20 16A Slow blow or Fast blow will work.

Apr 15, 2024 at 7:38 PM Post #968 of 968
Nice to see I'm not alone in this regard, if it’s a dynamic driver, I use parallel, and if it’s a planar, I go BTL!
There’s no wrong answer here. I’ve actually been enjoying BTL with my Atrium Closed lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back