cello tuning
post-162281
Post #1 of 4

cellularmitosis

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
hello,

just wanted to see if any of you have heard the soundtrack to the anime "end of evangelion". In there are some peices of what sounds like a cello, violin, and probably a viola tuning up. They sound really neat - you can really hear the "texture" of the instruments in my opinion.

If no one has any idea what I am talking about, I can post some mp3 clips.

post-162285
Post #2 of 4

PianoBlack

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hmmmm... I'm interested. If no-one else is (and if it's against board rules), I'll pm you later to email me the mp3 clips.

...and I still haven't seen that anime yet! Making a mental lifenote now.

post-163733
Post #3 of 4

grinch

Cognac....icky.Scotch....icky.Vodka....
Reaction score
evangelion has a gazillion soundtrack releases.. i wish i had them all. i used to buy them from this little stand in the mall that had all kinds of import cds of anime and stuff, but they closed down.

good to hear you have the eoe one though.. me wants.

evangelion is one of the most moving things i have ever watched. i bet the box set is still selling at buy.com for $110, definitely a worthy jump into real anime (dragon ball z is *not* anime).

post-547468
Post #4 of 4

HanssoN

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Well, uhm, the last post was posted more than a year ago, but if you're curious to know, some of the music being played in NGE is "Canon" by Pachelbel and the prelude to Bach's first cello suite.

(The first time I heard anything from the cello suites was actually when I watched NGE, I think the version used in the series is Yo-Yo Ma's recording "Inspired by Bach".)