CDs ---> DVD Possible?
Jan 18, 2005 at 3:23 AM Post #4 of 12
The trick is that I want them to play in a DVD-Video player. I found one program that will do it -- Audio DVD Creator. But it's $40 bucks, so I'm looking for alternatives.

Jan 18, 2005 at 4:18 PM Post #8 of 12
A DVD player that plays MP3 DVDs is possibly rare. I've actually never heard of one although it maybe possible. Some can play MP3 CDs. All DVD players can play PCM since that's in the spec up to 24bit 96khz.

To make them, you don't drag and drop the PCM (WAV) file into the burning program like making audio CDs since the DVD format has it's own format. That's why there's a program like Audio DVD Creator to make it easy for you.

Jan 18, 2005 at 6:02 PM Post #10 of 12
Toast 6 Titanium in OSX will do it. It will create a "DVD Audio Album" that supports full quality uncompressed PCM Audio or Dolby Digital AC3 format. The DVD Music Albums will support 96kHz/24 bit audio files depending on the audio format selected when recording the disc. I've burned a few on the G5 here at work and they'll even play in my old Sony dvd player. I think I can get just over 5 albums in PCM format. The AC3 does quite a few more but it's compressed.

MP3s on DVDs...

It's funny... I burned my entire collection onto data dvds and my Philips 963 woudn't recognise them. Our engineer had a cheap Wal-Mart portable dvd player with a small screen that read them perfectly. Go figure...

Jan 18, 2005 at 6:16 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by archosman
It's funny... I burned my entire collection onto data dvds and my Philips 963 woudn't recognise them. Our engineer had a cheap Wal-Mart portable dvd player with a small screen that read them perfectly. Go figure...

More expensive players don't support 'oddball' stuff like this usually. Very discouraging. The most obvious example is VCD/SVCD. Cheap Apex (w00t!) players will play 'em, but not pricey models. Actually, Apex plays almost everything. They're wonderful.

Jan 19, 2005 at 4:44 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephonovich
More expensive players don't support 'oddball' stuff like this usually. Very discouraging. The most obvious example is VCD/SVCD. Cheap Apex (w00t!) players will play 'em, but not pricey models. Actually, Apex plays almost everything. They're wonderful.

Yeah my $35 Mintek plays VCD/SVCD... w00t!! MPEG files one my TV...
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back