CDM4 Laser unit anyone know where I can get one?
Jun 17, 2005 at 7:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

PinkFloyd

Headphoneus Supremus
I've just bought a mint condition Marantz CD10 compact disc player which is hopefully on its way through the post to me as I type this.

The guy says It's in perfect working order but I would like to pick up a spare CDM4 laser unit just in case the one that comes in the CDP ever packs in.

I believe the CD10 uses the CDM4/D36 (CDM4/Pro) I haven't seen "any" of them for sale but I have seen a few secondhand CDM4/11 & CDM4/19 units on the web.

Does anyone know if they would do the same job as the CDM4/D36 (I believe the only difference is the D36 is a metal job) would it simply be a case of swapping the lasers out or is there more to it than that?

Any info on the CDM4 would be much appreciated and if any of you guys have one kicking around I'd be happy to buy it from you.

Cheers.

Mike.

cd10inside%20klein%202.JPG

CD10 inside

00_00091.JPG

CD10

Jun 19, 2005 at 12:13 AM Post #5 of 9
Have you tried contacting Marantz to see if they have any of the units?

I'd try contacting them first.

Jun 19, 2005 at 6:00 AM Post #7 of 9
chill floydy, im sure people will help you IF they have info that they can help you with.replacing the cd laser unit isnt really a common thing judging by the bulk of threads in this forum, so the right person may simply have not come across the thread.

Jun 19, 2005 at 6:27 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
Forget it.

I didn't expect getting anything back after contributing so much.

Night.

What Skyskraper said - have you thought about alternate units?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back