$45 USD

-directly from sony parts

$? USD

-alternatives?

The pad is replacable by user.

-Chris

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampgalore
Where do you guys get the replacement pads from? How much does it cost? Can you do it yourself?

Thanks

May 28, 2004 at 3:35 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ampgalore
Thanks!

How do you replace those parts, is it difficult?

I do not consider the process difficult.

You pull at an edge of the pad where it goes into the seam of the headphone, and it pops out of the seam. Work your way around until the pad is removed. Replace in opposite order.

-Chris

May 28, 2004 at 5:04 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by WmAx
I do not consider the process difficult.

I wouldn't either but it's not like replacing Grado pads, it does take 5-10 minutes of fiddling for the pair. They have a thin elastic rubber colored band (blue left, red right), that slips into the seam. It is thin though, and needs to go in just right. From what I've seen, sometimes they were installed incorrectly in the factory and the elastic band has been malformed so it can take awhile to get it back to "right" fitting. Brain surgery? NO, but some peeps just aren't good in these situations involving anything DIY.

May 28, 2004 at 5:46 PM Post #6 of 7
Thankfully it's not like replacing thr R10's ear pads, which involve ripping them off.
eek.gif

-Ed

May 28, 2004 at 5:52 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Thankfully it's not like replacing thr R10's ear pads, which involve ripping them off.
eek.gif

-Ed

Heh. Ripping them off is easy. Cleaning the headphone and attaching the new pads is the hard part
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back