CD-3400 Clone, the AKAI PD-X73
Jun 16, 2004 at 6:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Pappucho

1000+ Head-Fier
I am really tempted to get this CD-3400 clone but I just picked up an SS323 and a MT831
eggosmile.gif
so I need a break. Here she is if anyone's interested. Supposed to be the same model as the CD3400. AFAIK, the CD3400 is a relabeled AKAI PD-X73 as the one offered here in New Zealand, don't even know if they'll ship to the states. Incredibly cheap at Buy it now for 40 bucks!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Electronics...389774.htm#qna

Jun 17, 2004 at 1:59 PM Post #2 of 6
Sold! Anyone here pick it up?

Jun 17, 2004 at 5:11 PM Post #3 of 6
Damn -- if I had seen this sooner I might have picked it up (nothing wrong with a cheap, good portable source). The Akai and the Optimus are definitely one and the same, so $40 was a great deal on it.

Jun 17, 2004 at 5:27 PM Post #4 of 6
Pappucho,

What's your opinion on the SS323? Impressive, isn't it?

Jun 17, 2004 at 7:50 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk
Pappucho,

What's your opinion on the SS323? Impressive, isn't it?

Hey Purk, yeah it's quite impressive, although at the moment I am limited to just looking at it and I haven't gotten my MT831 yet so I can fully test it out by burning some MD's and have something to play on it. I've searched alot on this player in all the MD forums I can find and there isn't much info out there on this player. It seems to be a have been somewhat of a limited release. Most of the posts I've found from owners have been from you or Tbdoah. It was through these searches that I decided to get anMT831 to use as a MD recorder. How does it compare to the SS323 in terms of sound quality?

Strohmie, if I would've known you have been interested I would have pm you instead of making it public. Sorry. I hadn't heard of trademe.com until I read about it on a post in a minidisc.org forum. It seems to be a good second source for vintage players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back