CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Sep 6, 2021 at 7:26 PM Post #2,942 of 3,770
What is your main source? I use CP360 I think the bass is quite vley with them.
I mainly paired the NRA with TRN BT20S pro connected to my PC. Occasionally, I will paired it with my P1 amp connected to my PC. Using wired thru the amp, the sound is fuller, bass has a little bit more body.

Sep 6, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #2,944 of 3,770
Sep 7, 2021 at 10:07 PM Post #2,945 of 3,770
Hope this serves to inform. DQ6, CKX, CSN & NRA lined-up on 2 subjective made-up scales.

1. In order from Sedate-to-Dynamic presentation:
DQ6 - CKX - CSN - NRA

2. In order from Natural-to-Least Natural presentaion:
CKX - DQ6 - CSN - NRA

Note:
My own listening preference is more to the left side of the scale. To get NRA to move towards my preference, I used narrower bore tips (BGVP-A08) and warmer-sounding DAP (Hiby R3 Pro). I think in its factory configuration, the NRA would appeal to fans of bright & dynamic presentation. Example: ZAX, C10 Pro etc. The treble transducers can sound a bit splashy/distorted when dealing with large treble content. Vocal volume sounds set back in relation to instrumentation. Other than that, imho, NRA should have good mainstream appeal.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #2,946 of 3,770
BGGAR has a review up for the NRA. On his graph it's nearly identically to to DQ6. His target curve is way too dark for me, but the interesting part is down in the comments where someone claims that they tore down an NRA and believe that it has the same driver as the Shuoer Tape. Anyone else heard similar things? Same shape != same driver in my book, so I take the rumor with a big grain of salt.

Sep 8, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #2,947 of 3,770
BGGAR has a review up for the NRA. On his graph it's nearly identically to to DQ6. His target curve is way too dark for me, but the interesting part is down in the comments where someone claims that they tore down an NRA and believe that it has the same driver as the Shuoer Tape. Anyone else heard similar things? Same shape != same driver in my book, so I take the rumor with a big grain of salt.
I have mentioned this before, but it is either

1. The same driver as the Earbridge magnetostat, which is the same driver as the Shuoer Tape.

2. It is a "bellsinged" version that is slightly modified of the Earbridge magnetostat.

It is more likely to be nr 2, as the DD and the MST driver are separated, instead of a hybrid config like in the Earbridge driver and the likelyhood of Earbridge selling their drivers at such a low price is unlikely.

1631120069435.png

1631120154457.png

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-world-s-first-magneto-static-earphone-hpsd-e70#/
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003171531082.html

Sep 8, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #2,948 of 3,770
I don't know but I always feel DQ6 has something missing in the mids. I have two pairs of DQ6 and both feel the same thing to me. I don't hear this in NRA.

Sep 8, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #2,949 of 3,770

I started losing interest when he said the Tape didn't have much treble and that is what people liked about it. Then later when he goes 3 magnetic - I thought this only has two drivers. Ugghh!

Since the magnetostat is a single unit I am not sure how you would open the earphones up and declare it the same unless you broke open the magnetostat and got the drivers out as well. Not gonna buy that w/o the pictures of it being done. Guess that should be out there. Why do it w/o taking the pics to show it.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2021 at 1:31 PM Post #2,950 of 3,770
I started losing interest when he said the Tape didn't have much treble and that is what people liked about it. Then later when he goes 3 magnetic - I thought this only has two drivers. Ugghh!

Since the magnetostat is a single unit I am not sure how you would open the earphones up and declare it the same unless you broke open the magnetostat and got the drivers out as well. Not gonna buy that w/o the pictures of it being done. Guess that should be out there. Why do it w/o taking the pics to show it.
The thing with BGGAR review is that he often times not get into the point. Other than that, I like his review format by using songs to explain the sound of the IEM.

Sep 8, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #2,951 of 3,770
Going by KZ's track record, I sense they have reverse engineered the tech. That's the only reason where they can keep the price this competitive.

Sep 8, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #2,952 of 3,770
I have mentioned this before, but it is either

1. The same driver as the Earbridge magnetostat, which is the same driver as the Shuoer Tape.

2. It is a "bellsinged" version that is slightly modified of the Earbridge magnetostat.

It is more likely to be nr 2, as the DD and the MST driver are separated, instead of a hybrid config like in the Earbridge driver and the likelyhood of Earbridge selling their drivers at such a low price is unlikely.

1631120069435.png
1631120154457.png
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-world-s-first-magneto-static-earphone-hpsd-e70#/
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003171531082.html
If:
Moving Iron = Balanced Armature
Ring Iron = Dynamic Driver
Then:
??? = Magneto-static Driver
🤔❔

Sep 8, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #2,953 of 3,770
Sep 8, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #2,954 of 3,770
CCA NRA in the house. My thoughts as soon as possible.

Attachments

• IMG_20210908_164248.jpg
    IMG_20210908_164248.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Sep 8, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #2,955 of 3,770
I think the Tape has two drivers in one 10mm shell and the NRA has one 10mm DD and one 6.8mm MST drivers. I guess no one has torn down the Tape yet 😂.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back