CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 14, 2021 at 7:05 AM Post #2,671 of 3,770
I have large ears and find the stock tips perfect, as I did with the CS16 and CA16. My CSN is burning in and is so far very impressive. The BA is not placed in the nozzle and is beside the DD. I think that this is the reason why they sound so coherent.
Well the problem for me was when I try to press it deep in the ear canal with the stock tips, it would hurt my ear. Because the metal nozzle is almost flush with the tips opening it was hurting me a bit.

Apr 14, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #2,672 of 3,770
I have large ears and find the stock tips perfect, as I did with the CS16 and CA16. My CSN is burning in and is so far very impressive. The BA is not placed in the nozzle and is beside the DD. I think that this is the reason why they sound so coherent.
that placing helped sound stage and positioning as well I guess, although CCA didn’t quote as the DD unit as XUN, I’m pretty certain that is XUN driver as well. CCA has done great job! Their marketing strategy seemingly is targeting CSN user from gamers as some pictures emphasize on footsteps identification capabilities, which looks good too!

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2021 at 9:34 AM Post #2,673 of 3,770
Well the problem for me was when I try to press it deep in the ear canal with the stock tips, it would hurt my ear. Because the metal nozzle is almost flush with the tips opening it was hurting me a bit.
That happened to me too, I switched to xelastic, and it solved problem. For your case maybe try longer tips like Spinfit CP500 might solve the fit issue👍

Apr 14, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #2,674 of 3,770
Apr 14, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #2,675 of 3,770
That happened to me too, I switched to xelastic, and it solved problem. For your case maybe try longer tips like Spinfit CP500 might solve the fit issue👍
I am using the starline tips from kz, they also works fine for me. Maybe along the line I will buy some spinfits. Thanks for the suggestions.

Apr 14, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #2,676 of 3,770
So I compared the DQ6 and CSN just now and they are sound quite identical, few differences but nothing really big. The treble is a little bit airier on the CSN, bass is surprisingly about the same. For the mid, the DQ6 I hear a touch bit warmer but a little bit more recessed than the CSN and soundstage is about the same. Built quality is about the same either, both fit my ear just fine although I prefer the smaller size DQ6, but CSN is fine too. The CSN size is in the middle between the ASX/ASF and DQ6.
Both are excellent value for the money.

Apr 15, 2021 at 10:23 PM Post #2,677 of 3,770
Thanks for this post. I've got DQ6 and am really enjoying them. Nice to know that I don't need to get the CSN also. I also have ZAX now (burning them as I type this). KBEAR KS1 is also currently in transit.

Apr 15, 2021 at 10:58 PM Post #2,678 of 3,770
So I had the chance to compare the DQ6 and CSN more extensively.
The vocal on the DQ6 is more airy or has a longer decay on the "S" on vocal. The bass on the CSN hits harder and has a bigger presence overall. I suspect the bigger empty chamber contribute to the bass sounding bigger. The DQ6 also sounding more intimate.
So, if you are a basshead, you will probably like the CSN more. Again, both are not bad sounding IEMs. If you can get both, get them!

Apr 16, 2021 at 12:23 AM Post #2,679 of 3,770
Hey I just want to update you guys about my quest to find an IEM that I don't need to EQ.

Well, that search is still on, but for the moment I'm good with the $60 Simgot MT3.

For you EQers who are macbook users, I found a 10 band eq in a free donation download, the equalizer is called eqMac.

With the C12, I have 64 and 125 -3db, the 1k +1.8db, the 2k -3db, and the other 6 bands flat. There is so much detail in the mids and treble with the C12 with those 5 BAs that I much prefer listening to the C12 EQ'd than the Simgot MT3 flat. I just get much better air and shimmer with the C12, plus a lot of lower and upper treble detail. The EQ takes care of the overdone bass, the slight lower mid lacking, and 2.4k peak in the C12s.

I now just use the Simgot for sources that I cannot EQ... or sometimes I use the Senn HD58x also for that.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2021 at 7:23 AM Post #2,680 of 3,770
Really enjoying DQ6, so ordered a CSN as well.
What's the stock cable like?

Apr 16, 2021 at 8:46 PM Post #2,683 of 3,770
The CKX... perfect for my fiancé, but it's just too small for my ears. I use the largest Spiral Dots and they still can't seal. Any recommendations?
Until I can get the fit sorted, I can't tell if it is "better" than the ZAX yet.
It has the same size nozzle as ZAX. If you must, use foam tips or AZLA Xelastec tips.

Apr 16, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #2,684 of 3,770
The CKX... perfect for my fiancé, but it's just too small for my ears. I use the largest Spiral Dots and they still can't seal. Any recommendations?
Until I can get the fit sorted, I can't tell if it is "better" than the ZAX yet.
Radio Shack silicone ear tips work well for my ears. If you want extra bass, then New Bee silicone ear tips (available on Amazon).

Apr 16, 2021 at 9:41 PM Post #2,685 of 3,770
You can buy those cheaper BGVP silicon tips variation type to get your fit right. After getting the fit right you can upgrade with the prefered size and shape from BGVP.

I prefer Zax then CKX, it easy on my ear and sort of breathe easier with open venting shell. For SQ, hard to say. I still prefer ZAX for imaging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back