CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Nov 14, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #2,266 of 3,770
Great analysis...I had these a few weeks ago, but sent them back and got the Legacy 3s. The treble scoop of these really bothered me after awhile....I tried different tips, but couldn't rectify that. Its sad...usually CCA stuff usually is above competant for the money.

Nov 14, 2020 at 8:28 PM Post #2,267 of 3,770
Great analysis...I had these a few weeks ago, but sent them back and got the Legacy 3s. The treble scoop of these really bothered me after awhile....I tried different tips, but couldn't rectify that. Its sad...usually CCA stuff usually is above competant for the money.

I tried so many ear tips, took me $30 before I found the right fit, some of them are not returnable, but CP800 and CP100 really improves the sound profile. CP800 gave overall improvement mid and treble. If you want treble only go with CP100.

The double flange CP240 also works on CA16, but very uncomfortable due to very deep insertion.

Comply tips are complete failure. Do not use, completely muffled the sound, not sure... but it did for me, must be something about my ear canal.

Good thing is Comply works with TRN V90s, another IEM with fit problems.

see the leftover eartips, two comply, two spinfits costs me about $24 and some cheap tips from aliexpress.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 14, 2020 at 9:13 PM Post #2,268 of 3,770
I tried so many ear tips, took me $30 before I found the right fit, some of them are not returnable, but CP800 and CP100 really improves the sound profile. CP800 gave overall improvement mid and treble. If you want treble only go with CP100.

The double flange CP240 also works on CA16, but very uncomfortable due to very deep insertion.

Comply tips are complete failure. Do not use, completely muffled the sound, not sure... but it did for me, must be something about my ear canal.

Good thing is Comply works with TRN V90s, another IEM with fit problems.

see the leftover eartips, two comply, two spinfits costs me about $24 and some cheap tips from aliexpress.

Man, you really went thru alot of tips to see what worked. Thanks for this...I will have to pick up the CA16 again in a few weeks and try your recs. You did the heavy lifting my friend. IEMs can be made or go bust on the eartips alone. I only had the CP100s and some foamtips on hand when I had them

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2020 at 11:52 PM Post #2,270 of 3,770
Man, you really went thru alot of tips to see what worked. Thanks for this...I will have to pick up the CA16 again in a few weeks and try your recs. You did the heavy lifting my friend. IEMs can be made or go bust on the eartips alone. I only had the CP100s and some foamtips on hand when I had them

just use the CP100 should be fine, unless you want a forward mid then I suggest to get CP800.

now also, CP800 must be the correct size, after I know that I could refund ear tips on Amazon, I purchased them from Amazon instead.
With CA16 since the nozzle is long, if you felt the CP800 very uncomfortable, get one size larger.
It's a preference, I think CA16 deep insertion rivaled those of Shure/Etymotic.

Now if you purchase one size larger, CA16 will not mold into your ear pinna, it will be slightly coming out from your ear. This is actually good, it will not obstruct the front vent and you will never get a muffled sound. But the drawback, you might look a bit funny in the mirror with two ear monitor slightly sticking out of your ear.

If you have a very deep insertion, a caution, you may have to fiddle with the placement of your CA16 when you felt the sound muffled. It just means the front vent was obstructed by your ear, it stuck too close to your skin and prevent the air exchange.

Hope this help...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 14, 2020 at 11:54 PM Post #2,271 of 3,770
just use the CP100 should be fine, unless you want a forward mid then I suggest to get CP800.

now also, CP800 must be the correct size, after I know that I could refund ear tips on Amazon, I purchased them from Amazon instead.
With CA16 since the nozzle is long, if you felt the CP800 very uncomfortable, get one size larger.
It's a preference, I think CA16 deep insertion rivaled those of Shure/Etymotic.

Now if you purchase one size larger, CA16 will not mold into your ear pinna, it will be slightly coming out from your ear. This is actually good, it will not obstruct the front vent and you will never get a muffled sound. But the drawback, you might look a bit funny in the mirror with two ear monitor slightly sticking out of your ear.

If you have a very deep insertion, a caution, you may have to fiddle with the placement of your CA16 when you felt the sound muffled. It just means the front vent was obstructed by your ear, it stuck too close to your skin and prevent the air exchange.

Hope this help...
yep, this helps a ton...also I hope they come out with more colors for these. I already have a few too many all black IEMs

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2020 at 11:57 PM Post #2,272 of 3,770
Nov 15, 2020 at 12:16 AM Post #2,273 of 3,770

glad I could help, I was ready to shelf CA16 with stock ear tips... it does not sound good at all...
But I already forked out $70 non refundable from linsoul...
So I said... fudge it... there is no way 8 driver monitor sounds this bad, it must be ear tips problems just like my other earphone... the question is which ear tips can bring this bad boy up to its name and class, the nozzle is small and long and it is hard to get a good seal inside your ears.

Even inside your ears comply tips usually did wonders... not with this one... I think because the nozzle is too small, the treble which already been filtered down was killed by the memory foam, while with Spinfit tips CP800 due to its narrow sound tube, might increase resonance? hence increasing the tonality of the mid and treble, and controlling the sub bass.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2020 at 12:23 AM Post #2,274 of 3,770
Last edited:
Nov 15, 2020 at 12:26 AM Post #2,275 of 3,770
Nov 15, 2020 at 12:30 AM Post #2,276 of 3,770
my favorite IEMs:

CCA CA16 CP800, TFZ Tequila 1, KZ ZAX, KZ ZS10 Pro, KZ ZS6, Powerbeats 3 (I know, I know, it's not audiophile... but it looks so cool in the gym), KZ ED9, 1More Triple Driver

Attachments

• DFFD4927-8A17-48F1-BC2C-28CE6B541490.jpeg
    DFFD4927-8A17-48F1-BC2C-28CE6B541490.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • A50E21D4-8C48-4E05-83F4-889C7EBE9997.jpeg
    A50E21D4-8C48-4E05-83F4-889C7EBE9997.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Nov 15, 2020 at 12:41 AM Post #2,277 of 3,770
Yupe, I thought it would be better than the regular V90... stay away... very far away...

If you want to buy that... save your money and buy yourself a TFZ Tequila 1 and save yourself a disappointment.

https://www.amazon.com/FRAGRANT-ZIT...ANY86ADFR5H&psc=1&refRID=B4P9A42B2ANY86ADFR5H

Runs for the hills waving arms over head head and yelling "No... no no no no no no no no no nooooooooooooooooooo... I have enough iems".

hsk.gif

I definitely don't need no more ever so slightly different chi fi sets.

*Unless something comes out that completely moves the bang for $$ bar into a new tier of course....

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2020 at 12:45 AM Post #2,278 of 3,770
Runs for the hills waving arms over head head and yelling "No... no no no no no no no no no nooooooooooooooooooo... I have enough iems and definitely NO more ever so slightly different chi fi sets"

*Unless something comes out that completely moves the bang for $$ bar into a new tier of course....

you should PROBABLY tried TFZ Tequila, one of my favorite, pure music bliss... used to be $139, they are unloading them... I got three myself to gift for Xmas.

If it goes back to $50 a piece during black friday, I am going to clean the blue color out lol...

Attachments

• 32139BB9-AA3A-4594-ADA7-D1253A853602.jpeg
    32139BB9-AA3A-4594-ADA7-D1253A853602.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Nov 15, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #2,279 of 3,770
glad I could help, I was ready to shelf CA16 with stock ear tips... it does not sound good at all...
But I already forked out $70 non refundable from linsoul...
So I said... fudge it... there is no way 8 driver monitor sounds this bad, it must be ear tips problems just like my other earphone... the question is which ear tips can bring this bad boy up to its name and class, the nozzle is small and long and it is hard to get a good seal inside your ears.

Even inside your ears comply tips usually did wonders... not with this one... I think because the nozzle is too small, the treble which already been filtered down was killed by the memory foam, while with Spinfit tips CP800 due to its narrow sound tube, might increase resonance? hence increasing the tonality of the mid and treble, and controlling the sub bass.
Yeah exactly...multi driver setups never sound so off usually. The problem is, unless you have a ton of tips on hand (which I do, but get lazy in trying every one of them), you often give up too easily on certain IEMs too soon.

I sometimes get impatient if things arent right out the box and a few tip changes. I think this is why i didnt like the Shouer Tapes like everyone did.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2020 at 4:59 PM Post #2,280 of 3,770
Yeah exactly...multi driver setups never sound so off usually. The problem is, unless you have a ton of tips on hand (which I do, but get lazy in trying every one of them), you often give up too easily on certain IEMs too soon.

I sometimes get impatient if things arent right out the box and a few tip changes. I think this is why i didnt like the Shouer Tapes like everyone did.

I think that's why KZ so famous, out of the box they sound right on the bill... while other budget super cheap IEMs are not

Users who are viewing this thread

Back