CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Feb 15, 2019 at 11:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3,770

FastAndClean

Previously known as presata
It seems like the CCA C16 is a big hit right now, the impressions are not a lot but they are very positive and considered by many to be one of the best earphones under 100$, post your impressions here.
DyLluhKWwAAxuTP.jpg CCA_C16_1.jpg

Feb 21, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #4 of 3,770
Just to clarify, It was brought to my attention by a community member Andrew M., that these IEMs use Bellsing BAs, which are a "knockoffs" of the original knowles drivers (22955, 29689 and 30095). I am leaving this here as a general information. I will report on the sound quality when I get these of course. :)

Feb 21, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #5 of 3,770
Just to clarify, It was brought to my attention by a community member Andrew M., that these IEMs use Bellsing BAs, which are a "knockoffs" of the original knowles drivers (22955, 29689 and 30095). I am leaving this here as a general information. I will report on the sound quality when I get these of course. :)
for that price is normal to use bellsing drivers, but if they are tuned right it doesn't matter if they are not knowles

Feb 21, 2019 at 7:30 PM Post #7 of 3,770
Whatever the BA’s are is fine by me, I love these things. They are perfectly tuned as far I am concerned, I’m really enjoying the layering and detail. These are the second pair of iems I bought pretty much cold meaning I couldn’t find any reviews anywhere beforehand. The KZ BA10’s were the first and they are another amazing sound but unlike the C16s the fit and seal can be tough.
When I saw the 16s shell was like a KZ model I didn’t have I hesitated but when our french friend here on head-fi left his first impressions I jumped.
They fit me perfectly right out of the box with included tip, so I had a solid seal immediately and they sounded as if they were already played in or burnt in so right away I was amazed.
Amazed mostly that CCA did so well with the C10 and immediately followed with the C16s!

I have used them pretty much everyday whenever listening to music since....they really come alive with nice cabling and some power which I expected.
This hobby doesn’t have an end game for me because I like trying new stuff but I’m in no rush to find excellence anymore these are that good to me at the moment.

Feb 23, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #8 of 3,770
Mine were dispatched on the 18th and have just been accepted by the airline in China, so it is taking a while (by contrast my **** finally were dispatched yesterday, after a month of waiting).
Really looking forward to comparing them to my C10, AS10 and ZS7.

Still looking around for a good balanced cable, instead of the 4-core KZ silver plated cables I'm using now, which are nice but a bit thin.

Feb 23, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #9 of 3,770
Mine were dispatched on the 18th and have just been accepted by the airline in China, so it is taking a while (by contrast my **** finally were dispatched yesterday, after a month of waiting).
Really looking forward to comparing them to my C10, AS10 and ZS7.

Still looking around for a good balanced cable, instead of the 4-core KZ silver plated cables I'm using now, which are nice but a bit thin.
I'd recommend nicehck 8 core copper cable

Feb 23, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #10 of 3,770
Nicehck seems taking it easy in ahipping mine c16.

Feb 23, 2019 at 11:35 PM Post #11 of 3,770
Nicehck seems taking it easy in ahipping mine c16.

I've ordered from another store, and they still haven't shipped my CCA C16. It's been 6 days. Some stores have disclaimer that it's a pre-sale item or something, and processing could take up to 5 days, but... I don't know... I'm getting "DM6 waiting" vibes again....

Feb 24, 2019 at 4:29 AM Post #13 of 3,770
I'd recommend nicehck 8 core copper cable

Thanks for the tip, I'll have a look. I have an 8 core silver plated MMCX cable on its way for my ****.

Feb 24, 2019 at 5:44 AM Post #15 of 3,770
I'm really looking forward to comparing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back