CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Nov 28, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #1,442 of 3,770
Yep. Its not my first in ear earphones so i know about the importance of seal, just my first IEM with multiple armatures. The sound is just badly balanced in comparison to the Sennheiser when it comes to metal and rock, not good enough mids. They sound good with electronic music, they have better deep bass than my sennheiser and clear highs but the highs are too loud so when I pump the volume it hurts my ears.
Vocals and guitars are really lacking power when listening to Rock/Metal/Death Metal.

I would love to have the sound of my Sennheisers with a little bit more deep bass.

Careful, you're confusing quality with EQ and sound signature preferences - if you like a warm sound with strongly rolled off treble (which is how I would describe those Sennheisers IIRC), that's fine. But that doesn't make a set of ears with a balanced (albeit quite mid-scooped in the case of the C12) any better or worse. That's just what you like or dislike :wink:

Nov 28, 2019 at 3:21 PM Post #1,443 of 3,770
The sound is just badly balanced in comparison to the Sennheiser when it comes to metal and rock, not good enough mids. They sound good with electronic music, they have better deep bass than my sennheiser and clear highs but the highs are too loud so when I pump the volume it hurts my ears.

Careful, you're confusing quality with EQ and sound signature preferences - if you like a warm sound with strongly rolled off treble (which is how I would describe those Sennheisers IIRC), that's fine.

Yeah, sounds like a tuning issue. Which means this is a good data point: look for a more mid-forward signature and especially avoid v-shaped tunings. (Which means that apart from a few exceptions like maybe the BL03, the chi-fi market may be a non-starter for Nilsson.)

Nov 29, 2019 at 9:13 AM Post #1,444 of 3,770
Careful, you're confusing quality with EQ and sound signature preferences - if you like a warm sound with strongly rolled off treble (which is how I would describe those Sennheisers IIRC), that's fine. But that doesn't make a set of ears with a balanced (albeit quite mid-scooped in the case of the C12) any better or worse. That's just what you like or dislike :wink:

Thanks I love the education! :) Its hard to understand all these sound reviews and descriptions until you have a reference of your own, and now Im starting to get some references. :)

Dec 1, 2019 at 2:58 AM Post #1,445 of 3,770
What connector does the C12 use - NX7 or QDC? I am struggling to find the right balanced cable connector! I'll be picking up a NICEHCK 16-3 but don't want the wrong connector.

Dec 20, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #1,447 of 3,770
kpg6kjD.png

Im very pleased. Incredible value.

Dec 26, 2019 at 7:31 PM Post #1,448 of 3,770
I just got CCA C12 but I'm finding the starline tips don't cushion enough and it hurts my ear canal a lot. I need S/XS size though and a not all of them fit, honestly the starlines barely fit but since they are stretchy I got them on eventually. Anyone know a good small tip that will fit? Foam might be too cushiony, not sure, I only have 1 foam from JVC and it's too thick so it fits in my ear technically but it won't stay in.

Dec 26, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #1,449 of 3,770
I just got CCA C12 but I'm finding the starline tips don't cushion enough and it hurts my ear canal a lot. I need S/XS size though and a not all of them fit, honestly the starlines barely fit but since they are stretchy I got them on eventually. Anyone know a good small tip that will fit? Foam might be too cushiony, not sure, I only have 1 foam from JVC and it's too thick so it fits in my ear technically but it won't stay in.

same happened to me with cca c12, my ears are small and do not fit well, kz starline in reverse fix the problem

Dec 26, 2019 at 11:30 PM Post #1,451 of 3,770
Hey. To the OP or anyone else that knows.
I have the CCA C10’s and I really like them. Also the CCA C12’s are on the way, in the mail.
How do the C16’s sound in comparison? Talking about bass quality, and instrument separation?

Dec 26, 2019 at 11:34 PM Post #1,452 of 3,770
With all the amazing things I've read about the C12 I'm surprised this thread isn't as active as the KZ one. Kind of shocked 19 days went by without a post. Anyway, you guys have convinced me to give these a whirl over the KZ ZSX's. Can't wait until they arrive along with my 2.5mm cable!

just so you know. The KZ ZSX Are very good for EDM. They respond VERY well to the EQ.
If you listen to a lot of EDM the KZ ZSX are substantially cheaper (they were about 38$ On eBay. ) then the C16’s.
Just a heads up.

Dec 26, 2019 at 11:52 PM Post #1,453 of 3,770
just so you know. The KZ ZSX Are very good for EDM. They respond VERY well to the EQ.
If you listen to a lot of EDM the KZ ZSX are substantially cheaper (they were about 38$ On eBay. ) then the C16’s.
Just a heads up.
To be honest I might eventually just get the ZSX as well. Even when I don't have Chi-Fi IEMs planned for purchase I never mind buying them because it feels like I'm getting great value. Like even if I am actively trying not to spend money I never feel bad buying a pair because it is such a bang for the buck.

Yeah I have no idea about the C16's though and may look into those as well at some point. I just know I've never even heard of CCA until last night (I knew of KZ and own the ZS6, ZSR among others) and now I am excited at the thought of what the C12's will sound like through my ES100 via 2.5mm balanced.

Dec 27, 2019 at 12:48 AM Post #1,454 of 3,770
To be honest I might eventually just get the ZSX as well. Even when I don't have Chi-Fi IEMs planned for purchase I never mind buying them because it feels like I'm getting great value. Like even if I am actively trying not to spend money I never feel bad buying a pair because it is such a bang for the buck.

Yeah I have no idea about the C16's though and may look into those as well at some point. I just know I've never even heard of CCA until last night (I knew of KZ and own the ZS6, ZSR among others) and now I am excited at the thought of what the C12's will sound like through my ES100 via 2.5mm balanced.

CCA is an off shoot of KZ as I understand it. I think it was started by 2 guys from KZ.
My CCA C10’s are possibly my favorite IEMs so far. But the ZSX are fighting for the thrown.
Oh you ordered the C12’s as well? So did I. Lol just the other day. They are on the way.
And I’m excited about them as well.
Enjoy your new IEMs! Happy new year.

Dec 27, 2019 at 5:16 AM Post #1,455 of 3,770
CCA is an off shoot of KZ as I understand it. I think it was started by 2 guys from KZ.
My CCA C10’s are possibly my favorite IEMs so far. But the ZSX are fighting for the thrown.
Oh you ordered the C12’s as well? So did I. Lol just the other day. They are on the way.
And I’m excited about them as well.
Enjoy your new IEMs! Happy new year.

TRN was started by guys from KZ.

CCA IS KZ. Like Honda vs Acura, Toyota vs Lexus, etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back