CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Feb 27, 2019 at 6:15 PM Post #46 of 3,770
CCA C16 is a beast and I love it. Using it on high or low gain on a dap provides slightly different results, which I like. But...throwing on a Ifi iematch is a really good way to get an equally wonderful sound signature from the iem. I don't usually suggest the iematch, because it usually "dulls" the sound of an iem (my take). The C16, though, sounds great through it. Everything gets very evenly balanced and keeps that wonderful detail. I use it when I go to bed listening to C16 and it's very nice.

So, does it come close to the resolution/detail of the DM6?

Feb 28, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #48 of 3,770
So I sold a pair of old JBL 4312A’s and got some cash coming and I’m earmarking $500 for a nice universal iem with Knowles drivers so I can hear the difference I see folks write about. My 64 audio U4SE’s were like $500 but I sold them when realizing detail and gorgeous low end are my thing.
Is there such a beast maybe a C24 is coming or ??
I’ve seen the 24 a side iem on AliExpress like most of you probably have seen but not enough sheckles are available.
The C16s are piping in Simon Phillips solo work as I type......Fiio M6/ Spotify / C16s.......OMG I’M IN A WONDERFUL PLACE!

Feb 28, 2019 at 5:45 PM Post #49 of 3,770
So I sold a pair of old JBL 4312A’s and got some cash coming and I’m earmarking $500 for a nice universal iem with Knowles drivers so I can hear the difference I see folks write about. My 64 audio U4SE’s were like $500 but I sold them when realizing detail and gorgeous low end are my thing.
I’ve seen the 24 a side iem on AliExpress like most of you probably have seen but not enough sheckles are available.
The C16s are piping in Simon Phillips solo work as I type......Fiio M6/ Spotify / C16s.......OMG I’M IN A WONDERFUL PLACE!
I've just been there too! Hifiwalker H2, Fiio A5, C16 "The day before you came" by Abba. It IS wonderful!

Feb 28, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #50 of 3,770
So you're agree, are they really very excellent ?

Feb 28, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #51 of 3,770

The Moondrop A8 (their flagship, with 8 knowles BAs) might be a good comparison. It's tuning might actually be very close to the CCA C16 (if the reports/reviews are correct). There is a person who recently got the A8, and he LOVES them (the resolution, detail, neutrality, everything). They are $666 though, so they might be over budged. As an alternative, the Fearless Audio S8 Pro (Knowles+Sonion 8BA), which is ~$490, and also are Harman-neutral tuned. I would love it of you get any of those, and compare to the $100 CCA C16. That would be epic. :)

Feb 28, 2019 at 6:40 PM Post #52 of 3,770
A friend here suggested Ibasso IT04, anybody have them and C16s? Staying on topic.......my bad...sorry

Feb 28, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #53 of 3,770
My C16's will arrive in about twelve hours... hype increasing...

Feb 28, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #54 of 3,770
Setup a comfy spot, setup to play your favorite tunes, sit back close your eyes and enjoy!
Stick your best cable on them and listen at some point then add a bit of power.....boom...nirvana!

Feb 28, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #55 of 3,770
I have the C10 and C16 still burning-in (about 40hours) and occasionally having a brief listen. I also have the KZ AS06 and AS10 (>100hours). It seems like the C10 is heading towards a sound signature that slots in-between AS06 (lean/nimble) and AS10 (Bass presence/darkish). But the C16 is starting to sound more than that. It seems to have the FR balance of the C10, but the resolve and dynamic range is in a different league altogether. Instruments separation is quite palpable. Improved treble harmonics has made cymbal hits very satisfying (I like cymbals!). Even with electronic music, slow crescendo loops now sound far more dramatic where, previously, it was just a slow rising tone. I had initially thought that 16 BAs was a marketing gimmick but now, after just listening briefly, it is highly impressive sounding (kudos to whoever tuned this 16 BAs monster to work so well together). I hate to say this but, at $90, IMHO, it's good sound value for a non-budget IEM.

Word of warning: Not a good IEM to buy, if budget only stretches up to $90 AND existing playback equipment is of modest performance. You will be obsessed with upgrading your playback equipment to push C16 to higher limits. Trust me, I've been there! :)

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2019 at 8:47 PM Post #58 of 3,770
CCA Official store on AE has them at $85 with coupon right now.

Really tempted.

Buying them now gets them to you sooner than trying to convince yourself its ok...GO FOR IT!

Feb 28, 2019 at 9:07 PM Post #59 of 3,770
IMG_20190301_025503.jpg

With this cable it's very awesome!

Love this iem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back