Cayin N8 TOTL DAP: KORG Nutube, Dual AK4497, 4.4mm phone/line out
Oct 30, 2018 at 7:40 AM Post #1,066 of 3,873
this dap looks is really intriguing me alot

gotta wait for me impressions
I demoed the N8 for three hours with my TH900. I can easily say its better than the AK1000 , Lotto touch, Hiby R6 ,and ibasso dx200 in details, sound stage, tone and depth. This eas on the N8s soilid state amp. Using its Tube amp theres a warmth but same details with a slight thickness. Solid built and it really sounds like a home audio set up on the go.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2018 at 9:03 AM Post #1,068 of 3,873
Hello you heard all this daps side by side with the n8?
Yes two days side by side. Every top A&K (SS,Copper, M) ,R6 ,R3 , Lotoo Touch, Paw Gold, DX200 various amps.

Oct 30, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #1,069 of 3,873
I demoed the N8 for three hours with my TH900. I can easily say its better than the AK1000 , Lotto touch, Hiby R6 ,and ibasso dx200 in details, sound stage, tone and depth. This eas on the N8s soilid state amp. Using its Tube amp theres a warmth but same details with a slight thickness. Solid built and it really sounds like a home audio set up on the go.
“easily“ and „better“ in one sentence are nearly too strong words to believe (but I want to believe) :wink:
With which IEMs or headphones did you test the N8?

Oct 30, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #1,070 of 3,873
“easily“ and „better“ in one sentence are nearly too strong words to believe (but I want to believe) :wink:
With which IEMs or headphones did you test the N8?
Fostex TH900 , 64Audio 18. Sorry for not using big reviewers words, Im just an audio guy for the last 30 years. I have been using : Hugo 1 , Hugo 2 , ifi Bl, Lotoo PG, Cowon P1.

Oct 30, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #1,071 of 3,873
thanks so much for ur feedback, the n8 def sounds promising

Oct 30, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #1,072 of 3,873
thanks so much for ur feedback, the n8 def sounds promising
You can use the regular amp with eq but it sounded great as is and you can use its tube amp which was really nice, wide sound stage clear but thicker notes.

Oct 30, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #1,073 of 3,873
You can use the regular amp with eq but it sounded great as is and you can use its tube amp which was really nice, wide sound stage clear but thicker notes.

tube amp is really interesting, did u feel u need an external portable amp for your th900

Oct 30, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #1,074 of 3,873
tube amp is really interesting, did u feel u need an external portable amp for your th900
I tried it without an amp and the spund was great and it put out enough power for the th900. I also tried it with an amp through its line out and ofcourse it was more powerful and the clarity, details were very present.

Oct 30, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #1,075 of 3,873
Fostex TH900 , 64Audio 18. Sorry for not using big reviewers words, Im just an audio guy for the last 30 years. I have been using : Hugo 1 , Hugo 2 , ifi Bl, Lotoo PG, Cowon P1.
I love it when someone says something in simple words. Thanks for your input. Can you maybe tell us why you preferred the N8 over the LPGT?

Oct 30, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #1,076 of 3,873
I love it when someone says something in simple words. Thanks for your input. Can you maybe tell us why you preferred the N8 over the LPGT?
The LPGT was much easier to use, its smaller, easy lay out but the sound was average , the Hiby R6 sounded a lot better. The LPGT had an ok sound stage, and nothing made me go awwww I need this. The N8 solud state amp gave detailed but smooth vocals, I could hear each and every word while the beat, the music surrounded the singing. Very wide sound stage that is wide and very deep. I easily can see the musicians in front to the side of me. The tube amp was as detailed but it gave a warmth it gave emotions to the music. I played Stealy Dan, Matheny, then played Synths, 70s rock, Metal and then some Indie music. I had flac and normal mps and all sounded very good. I used the same sd card on the : LPGT, AKs, R6 , ibasso, Cowon.

Oct 30, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #1,077 of 3,873
The LPGT was much easier to use, its smaller, easy lay out but the sound was average , the Hiby R6 sounded a lot better. The LPGT had an ok sound stage, and nothing made me go awwww I need this. The N8 solud state amp gave detailed but smooth vocals, I could hear each and every word while the beat, the music surrounded the singing. Very wide sound stage that is wide and very deep. I easily can see the musicians in front to the side of me. The tube amp was as detailed but it gave a warmth it gave emotions to the music. I played Stealy Dan, Matheny, then played Synths, 70s rock, Metal and then some Indie music. I had flac and normal mps and all sounded very good. I used the same sd card on the : LPGT, AKs, R6 , ibasso, Cowon.

that sounds awesome to read, yes i love my Ak SE100, but I always find AK daps not powerful enough for headphones, so the N8 sounds really interesting

Oct 30, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #1,078 of 3,873

I assume you meant R6 sounded better with TH900, not A18, cause 10 ohm output impedance of R6 doesn't pair up good at all with A/U18 unless you use iEMatch.

Oct 30, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #1,079 of 3,873
I assume you meant R6 sounded better with TH900, not A18, cause 10 ohm output impedance of R6 doesn't pair up good at all with A/U18 unless you use iEMatch.
True but with the th900 I added an amp to the R6.

Oct 30, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #1,080 of 3,873
Oooo to much variables...eq., Amp....i love both the 1z and sp1000cu without any of that...but at this stage is a question of marriage between the dap and the fostex, maybe with other headphone you like more with the LPGT, and i don't believe that the r6 is better than the LPGT....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back