Cayin N8 TOTL DAP: KORG Nutube, Dual AK4497, 4.4mm phone/line out
Apr 11, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #3,256 of 3,873
I think that if you find the UI laggy or you have enormous music library, you can just use hiby link to control your N8.

Apr 11, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #3,257 of 3,873
it’s not only when i spin fast, also when i use the volume control, also when i create a playlist, also when i turn the tube mode on...is a really annoying issue, this problem is possibly due to a software error, because the processor is very poor for all the player functions...i don’t know, Cayin doesn’t offer any official answer to me in this issue.
The weird part is the next: this is my second unit, and my first unit have a hardware failure (tube mode failure), but the screen is fine, it’s only slow to response sometimes...
Or...i have a weird bad luck with Cayin, or the N8BB is a beautiful sounding device, with an awful software and awful processor...
Or a really poor quality control for this really expensive product...
It sounds like you may be mishandling in some way, or you are having very bad luck. I have used some demos and I own a BB N8. If I scroll fast there is a lag. It is a pain, but not really a huge issue. I do not believe this will ever be fixed. However switching tube mode to SS mode is flawless, going into setting works correctly, etc.
Should the interface, etc. be better at this price point, absolutely. Tks.

Apr 11, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #3,258 of 3,873
Then something is broken with your dap . So you only had this issue with one N8? You didnt return a previous unit ?

yes, i return a previous unit, and Musicteck was kindly enough to negociate with me a replacement unit (new), but this new unit has the screen issue, this time i wrote to Cayin (and here), and there is no answer from them...

Apr 11, 2020 at 11:58 PM Post #3,259 of 3,873
yes, i return a previous unit, and Musicteck was kindly enough to negociate with me a replacement unit (new), but this new unit has the screen issue, this time i wrote to Cayin (and here), and there is no answer from them...
Why not contact Musicteck , thats two daps you had issues with.

Apr 19, 2020 at 10:54 PM Post #3,260 of 3,873
Why not contact Musicteck , thats two daps you had issues with.

Finally Cayin talk to me and offer me a solution of my issue in collaboration with Musicteck, in the next months (when the world situation gets better i hope) i Will resolve my problem and post again

thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2020 at 10:48 AM Post #3,261 of 3,873
Today's listening on my N8 BB + OIDIO cable + Focal Utopias has been Nadia Reid's new album 'Out of My Province' (folky), Welshly Arms 'No Place Is Home' (heard the track Legendary at the end of the film Den of Thieves with Gerard Butler) and the new album by Nightwish 'Human II Nature' (ooh that wonderful Floor Jansen, fantastic voice, beautiful, seems very nice from the interviews). Welshly Arms album has a good amount of bass.

Apr 21, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #3,262 of 3,873
I didn't bother to check when I had the N8 but could someone please confirm if you see "AAC" option under the bluetooth codec list along with SBC, LDAP, AptX?
I would really appreciate if someone confirms.

Apr 21, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #3,263 of 3,873
I didn't bother to check when I had the N8 but could someone please confirm if you see "AAC" option under the bluetooth codec list along with SBC, LDAP, AptX?
I would really appreciate if someone confirms.
Nope.
image.jpg

Apr 23, 2020 at 7:21 AM Post #3,265 of 3,873
slumberman, I don't use wireless but if I did when travelling next (using my AKG N60 NC's), which is these choices would give me the best sound quality?

Listened today to The Big Moon albums 'Love in the 4th Dimension' and 'Walking Like We Do' (grown up cheering up pop music). Loving my N8 BB, it pairs wonderfully with my Utopias, just proves how equipment matching does matter.

Apr 25, 2020 at 2:55 AM Post #3,267 of 3,873
Just ordered N8 (BB) and hope to receive it next week. I sold my first N8 after getting DX229 mod so this time I will really find out
if that was a right move or I sold in an error. I know there's not gonna be a new dap in the market any time soon the way things are going lately
but I am getting bored with having DX229 to play.

Apr 25, 2020 at 3:30 AM Post #3,268 of 3,873
Just ordered N8 (BB) and hope to receive it next week. I sold my first N8 after getting DX229 mod so this time I will really find out
if that was a right move or I sold in an error. I know there's not gonna be a new dap in the market any time soon the way things are going lately
but I am getting bored with having DX229 to play.
The n8 is far better than the ibasso. In my humble opinion of course

Apr 25, 2020 at 3:59 AM Post #3,269 of 3,873
The n8 is far better than the ibasso. In my humble opinion of course
Maybe for , short , on the go the DX228 is easier. For sure at home or office the N8 is king. If Cayin made an N8II that was smaller with no huge knobs that would be awesome.

Apr 25, 2020 at 4:09 AM Post #3,270 of 3,873
Maybe for , short , on the go the DX228 is easier. For sure at home or office the N8 is king. If Cayin made an N8II that was smaller with no huge knobs that would be awesome.
Ibasso biggest failing is the battery. Its awful

Users who are viewing this thread

Back