Cayin N8 TOTL DAP: KORG Nutube, Dual AK4497, 4.4mm phone/line out
Apr 14, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #1,801 of 3,873
You have the SS version and someone has already own the BB version and can actually feel the chassis material. I want to get one but got confused if it is worth to pay an extra $400 (I wouldn’t care to pay the $200 Dignis case!)

You won't tell it's brass as the whole thing is Teflon coated. You cannot see any of the brass otherwise it would be subject to oxidisation. I think the brass looks better than the SS as shown by images previous.

Apr 14, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #1,804 of 3,873
So you mean Musicteck just copied and pasted the pictures of N8 BB to the description of N8 SS advertising in their website but actually they don’t have any ideas of N8 BB specs?

SS is the exact specs as BB, there is no internal components being swapped or upgraded, and that is how I understand it. I could be wrong, and if I was right, then Musicteck is fine for doing that

Apr 14, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #1,806 of 3,873
I think I'm going to pull the trigger on one of these today. Not keen on lotoo sound, astell and Kern lack eq. These have tubes! What would be good open back headphones to go with it?
For me? I would look at HifiMan Arya

Apr 14, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #1,807 of 3,873
I think I'm going to pull the trigger on one of these today. Not keen on lotoo sound, astell and Kern lack eq. These have tubes! What would be good open back headphones to go with it?
Got one for sale in my signature...

Apr 14, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #1,808 of 3,873
So you mean Musicteck just copied and pasted the pictures of N8 BB to the description of N8 SS advertising in their website but actually they don’t have any ideas of N8 BB specs?

Seems like Musicteck just did copy'n'paste of the product description listed on official Cayin website under N8 BB: https://en.cayin.cn/products_info?itemid=116 - Cayin needs to update their product listing.

Apr 16, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #1,810 of 3,873
One bad thing about using right angle adapter is that it spins around as you move the cable. This will most definitely
causes premature wear and tear on the 3.5mm jack for Nutube connection. Looks sort of stupid but rubber feet
helps secure the adapter. I ordered a straight adapter but testing it out now. :darthsmile:

Untitled-1.jpg

Apr 16, 2019 at 9:20 PM Post #1,811 of 3,873
One bad thing about using right angle adapter is that it spins around as you move the cable. This will most definitely
causes premature wear and tear on the 3.5mm jack for Nutube connection. Looks sort of stupid but rubber feet
helps secure the adapter. I ordered a straight adapter but testing it out now. :darthsmile:

This hobby either attracts or creates OCD.

Apr 17, 2019 at 9:33 PM Post #1,814 of 3,873
Has anyone shared their music settings? with the new update 2.3 & PCM digital filter update what is yours on?
EQ or no EQ, pre loaded or custom? Gain, P+ or STD, ect.

Apr 18, 2019 at 2:07 AM Post #1,815 of 3,873
The slight bloom in the mid-bass/lower mids from the N8 + the Campfire Solaris makes for a lovely combo.

Cayin_N8_Campfire_Solaris-DSCF3528.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back