Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
May 10, 2022 at 12:55 AM Post #7,832 of 8,191
@Vruksha - You'll enjoy the N6ii. I ended up using UAPP as well - mostly because I've always used it on my Android DAPs. I did hate the Hiby player which I tried for a short time; just felt slow and unintuitive to me.

I used the Apple Music android app too. I decided against the Hires ALAC and just went with the normal lossless. Whatever the difference is with hires, I just couldn't hear it with my mid-range headphones (Sennheiser IE900, Kennerton GH40s, and Meze Elites).

The biggest thing I did was install a simplistic launcher to make my android experience as minimalist as possible. My favorite is Niagara Launcher.
Thanks @utdeep I am deciding between UAPP and Neutron now since they seem to be the most preferred ones. Btw two which ever one handles local files better will be my choice. Not sure if I will be able to pick out Minor sound difference btw music players. I’ll install Apple Music and bandcamp app for streaming.
The idea of having a minimal android experience sounds interesting. I’ll look into Niagara launcher.

May 10, 2022 at 2:20 AM Post #7,833 of 8,191
Thanks @utdeep I am deciding between UAPP and Neutron now since they seem to be the most preferred ones. Btw two which ever one handles local files better will be my choice. Not sure if I will be able to pick out Minor sound difference btw music players. I’ll install Apple Music and bandcamp app for streaming.
The idea of having a minimal android experience sounds interesting. I’ll look into Niagara launcher.
using neutron's 64bit processing definitely makes a noticable difference, took me by surprise first time i tried it

May 10, 2022 at 2:55 AM Post #7,834 of 8,191
using neutron's 64bit processing definitely makes a noticable difference, took me by surprise first time i tried
I might end up with Neutron, thanks for the suggestion. It seems like the best to play local files and UAPP is better if I prefer streaming?

May 10, 2022 at 5:26 AM Post #7,835 of 8,191
I might end up with Neutron, thanks for the suggestion. It seems like the best to play local files and UAPP is better if I prefer streaming?
yup. you get a free trial on neutron anyways, try these settings:

64-bit Processing=on
RESAMPLING=Audiophile

PROFILE:
Bit-perfect=on

AUDIO HARDWARE:
Dither=off (gotta turn off to use Bit perfect)
Hardware Gain=on
DSD, DSD over PCM=on
Oversampling=0x (you can use 2x - 16x if you'd like, i prefer to keep it at 0)
Ultrasonic Filter=off (can turn on, i prefer it off)
Audio Focus=on
Follow Source Frequency=on

May 10, 2022 at 11:30 AM Post #7,836 of 8,191
yup. you get a free trial on neutron anyways, try these settings:

64-bit Processing=on
RESAMPLING=Audiophile

PROFILE:
Bit-perfect=on

AUDIO HARDWARE:
Dither=off (gotta turn off to use Bit perfect)
Hardware Gain=on
DSD, DSD over PCM=on
Oversampling=0x (you can use 2x - 16x if you'd like, i prefer to keep it at 0)
Ultrasonic Filter=off (can turn on, i prefer it off)
Audio Focus=on
Follow Source Frequency=on
Thanks I’ll give this a try.

May 17, 2022 at 9:04 AM Post #7,837 of 8,191
R01 paired with HUM ma-1s
20220517_210008.JPG

May 17, 2022 at 10:45 AM Post #7,839 of 8,191
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 17, 2022 at 12:23 PM Post #7,842 of 8,191
DGEHPA A02 is a portable amp made by DgE. (Digi-gen Engineering) which..turned out to be a boutique japanese shop.

it was made specifically for the A02 module to use with the pre amp option, however it works well with the r01 aswell, when double amping.
Thanks, actually now I do remember this. It was discussed in another thread. Maybe you should contact @Nostoi as I think he was interested in having one.

May 18, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #7,844 of 8,191
got the e01 module, surprisingly like it the most, when on class A it kicks r01's ass imo.. surprised how good class A is!

For not so demanding IEMs, E01 is a wonderful Audio Motherboard.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back