Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
May 14, 2021 at 2:14 AM Post #5,956 of 8,191
yeah battery is the biggest problem beside android version, I'm glad that i know a technician that able to repair / change daps batteries in my country, rather then sending back to mainland that cost a lot for shipping. my 1st daps is ipod photos that i used almost everyday in about 17 years, and the battery just went down.

Yeah, as with all portable electronics, ability to find the right / fitting replacement battery cell is crucial.

I recall, prior to owning Cayin N6ii, I had to replace one of my portable DAP's battery All it took was an email and the DAP manufacturer manage to hook me up with a replacement piece. After that, it took a bit of patience, the right tools and all is well.

May 14, 2021 at 1:40 PM Post #5,957 of 8,191
I’m using the Cayin music app on the N6ii and playing files from an SD card. I can see the button for shuffle but I want to ensure that the music keeps playing over and over without stopping. I can’t see how to do this. Can anyone help and tell or show me what to do?

May 15, 2021 at 3:54 AM Post #5,960 of 8,191
it took was an email and the DAP manufacturer manage to hook me up with a replacement piece. After that, it took a bit of patience, the right tools and all is well.
[/QUOTE

well i guess that u got the skill to be an technician, what im most afraid is the back glass, people commonly break the back glass when open them.

May 15, 2021 at 7:36 AM Post #5,961 of 8,191
yeah battery is the biggest problem beside android version, I'm glad that i know a technician that able to repair / change daps batteries in my country, rather then sending back to mainland that cost a lot for shipping. my 1st daps is ipod photos that i used almost everyday in about 17 years, and the battery just went down.
A video on how to open this and which battery n6ii uses would be a great way to help us new people when battery needs change , my dap goes like for 8hours straight with a wifi connection and t01 module 😁

May 15, 2021 at 8:05 AM Post #5,962 of 8,191
Pressed the Titanium Button! Ordered/reserved and N6ii Ti with R01 incoming mid/end of June (ish) 💳 💸💸

Last edited:
May 15, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #5,963 of 8,191
Already enjoying E02, what benefits should I expect from an R01 module ?

May 15, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #5,966 of 8,191
Not an engineer or anything but the big thing with R2R DACs is they don’t destroy and reconstruct the PCM signal for most audio file formats (like mp3 or FLAC) before the actual conversion takes place like D-S chips do. Which is partly why DSD usually sounds better than PCM with D-S chips. It’s already in the proper format to be decoded by that type of chip. So, R2R has a cleaner path to getting audio converted for most common file formats and that avoids some basic errors that are introduced and need to be corrected by the D-S process. On top of that, R2R ladders are known for introducing 2nd and 3rd order harmonic distortion into the conversion, which is a similar kind of euphonic distortion that tube amps are known for.
The flip side is while R2R DACs don’t have to fix the glare, harshness, or artificiality inherent to D-S conversion, they’re a lot noisier and don’t measure as well so they need better components and tighter tolerances with the actual resistors in order to get their numbers on par with decent performing D-S solutions. I won’t get into the whole measurements convo trap but the important thing to note here is that cheaper R2R solutions like the R2R11 from audio-gd might have specs that a budget dongle DAC can safely reach, but the sound quality will be unmistakably more life-like and analog on the ladder DAC.

May 15, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #5,967 of 8,191
Just when we thought the music player scene is a little lacklustre, Cayin decides to show-hand their ultimate expression of the N6ii series.

Was considering writing off the N6ii series (not a fan of modular concept although i can understand its appeal), but this Ti edition is intriguing.
Am now wondering if Cayin has a successor player, non-modular, running this latest R2R architecture in future, else may probably jump on this one.

May 15, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #5,968 of 8,191
CLM09908.jpg

N6ii-Ti (R-2R Titanium Limited Edition)

Cayin announced a new digital audio player N6ii-Ti (R-2R Titanium Limited Edition) earlier this week (13 May), a Titanium facelift version of our N6ii Replicable Audio Motherboard DAP. This is developed to admire our breakthrough in R-2R implementation. The N6ii-Ti will pre-install our latest 24Bit Discrete R-2R R01 Audio Motherboard and it will become the first Android based, streaming ready R-2R DAP in the market.

The SRP of N6ii-Ti is US$1,899 and will be available by June 2021. To the best of our knowledge, this is the cheapest discrete R2R DAP in the market. The R01 Audio Motherboard is available in black aluminium version at US$619. Given the limited availability of standalone R01 Audio Motherboard, we need to reserve the stock to current N6ii users, so there will not be any aluminium N6ii + R01 bundle. Please check HERE for more detail about R01 Audio Motherboard.

The N6ii-Ti chassis is CNC from a solid piece of Titanium, we use Grade 2 Titanium which is the “workhorse” of the commercially pure titanium industry and is widely used in Medical and Marine industries. Titanium is roughly 30% stronger than Steel but nearly 50% lighter. However Aluminium is lighter than Titanium, that's why the N6ii-Ti is weighted at ~390g, roughly 100g heavier then the original N6ii. Due to Titanium's weight, strength and high corrosion resistance property, it is an ideal material for chassis of expensive and delicate equipment. The circuitry and electronic components of the two N6ii are identical, and they run on the same set of hardware, their only different is replacing the aluminium chassis with Titanium chassis.

There are several questions we want to clarify before we move on:
  1. Will N6ii-Ti and N6ii sound different? Probably will, because the grounding and EMI shielding are different, but the different should be minimal and we'll leave the final judgement to users.
  2. Can you use other Audio Motherboard with N6ii-Ti? Yes you certainly can, but since R01 is the only Audio Motherboard that available in Titanium version, all other Audio Motherboards are black aluminium exclusively, it will looks a bit odd when you insert other Audio Motherboard into N6ii-Ti.
  3. Will the R01 bundled with N6ii-Ti sounds different form the black aluminium R01? Probably won't, the only different is EMI shielding and we have make appropriate adjustment in N6ii-Ti to compensate the EMI different.
  4. TBC, if there is any question.

N6ii-Ti Feature List.jpg

More Photo of N6ii-Ti

CLM09919.jpgCLM00353.jpg_V8A5625.jpg_V8A5635a.jpg
_V8A5664.jpg
CLM00366.jpg
CLM00215sm.jpg
CLM00222.jpg

CLM09927a.jpg

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back