Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Feb 3, 2021 at 5:06 AM Post #5,491 of 8,191
That I can answer, N6ii is a decoder, not a renderer.

But your posts involve way too much beyond this question. Your questions focused around three concepts: encoding (folded) sampling rate, mastering sampling rate and decoding sampling rate, these are indeed part of MQA proprietary technologies and we are not supposed to disclose the details without MQA consent.
Well, thanks for reaching the point and be so well aligned again. Yes, sorry for accumulating too many questions in one post - the scientific side in me came up again. I need an hour of music now and "fly away" ...

Feb 3, 2021 at 5:15 AM Post #5,492 of 8,191
Can you show me a photo of your N6ii info screen from Setting->System->About device?

OTA firmware update is incremental update, you can't upgrade from v1.xx to 2.2en directly, so not surprised that when you "start the update process, it does nothing".

You can upgrade from any firmware version to the latest version in one step with manual upgrade procedure. However, if your v1.xx firmware is a Chinese based version, then you cannot upgrade to firmware suffix with en, you can only upgrade to the latest Chinese version N6ii firmware v2.2 (download HERE).
Dear Andy.

Thank you for your support.

I managed to update with a local install.
However, please consider that customers /users who get this wonderful device are having a hard time when the latest update is shown on their players but they cannot install it. This is very frustrating to a regular user. Trust me, I am seniox UX designer (and soon to be Cayin DAP reseller in Switzerland).

My advice is to show only the updates OTA that are possible with the current version, so in the worst case, people have to do several updates, which is totally fine.

I have tested N3pro, N8 and N6II for several months now and the sound of each device is just amazing! I love it.

But. You need to work on the software side of things. Please take this as honest feedback from a user (and future reseller) of your devices.

Best,

Tom

Feb 3, 2021 at 5:44 AM Post #5,493 of 8,191
Dear Andy.

Thank you for your support.

I managed to update with a local install.
However, please consider that customers /users who get this wonderful device are having a hard time when the latest update is shown on their players but they cannot install it. This is very frustrating to a regular user. Trust me, I am seniox UX designer (and soon to be Cayin DAP reseller in Switzerland).

My advice is to show only the updates OTA that are possible with the current version, so in the worst case, people have to do several updates, which is totally fine.

I have tested N3pro, N8 and N6II for several months now and the sound of each device is just amazing! I love it.

But. You need to work on the software side of things. Please take this as honest feedback from a user (and future reseller) of your devices.

Best,

Tom

Theoretically, you shouldn't be able to see v2.2 from OTA update if you were in v.1.xx, that's why I want to look at your about device page and try to figure out the reason.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Feb 3, 2021 at 7:13 AM Post #5,494 of 8,191
Theoretically, you shouldn't be able to see v2.2 from OTA update if you were in v.1.xx, that's why I want to look at your about device page and try to figure out the reason.
I did, honestly. But now I managed to manual update so I can't show you, sorry.

Just in general: Are you planning on further firmware updates for your DAPs?

Best,

Tom

Feb 4, 2021 at 2:21 AM Post #5,495 of 8,191
I did, honestly. But now I managed to manual update so I can't show you, sorry.

Just in general: Are you planning on further firmware updates for your DAPs?

Best,

Tom

The N6ii firmware is still an ongoing process, but I can't comment when I don't have a firm release date from Engineering team.

Feb 4, 2021 at 2:26 AM Post #5,496 of 8,191
Well, thanks for reaching the point and be so well aligned again. Yes, sorry for accumulating too many questions in one post - the scientific side in me came up again. I need an hour of music now and "fly away" ...

One last word, Cayin didn't add any digital audio processing to MQA decoding of N6ii, everything were implemented strictly under MQA licensing, and has been validated by MQA team before we release the feature to public. I hope that will give you peace of mind when you enjoy your music with N6ii. :beerchug:

Feb 4, 2021 at 10:05 PM Post #5,497 of 8,191
Joined the party today by ordering both N6ii (A02) and C9. Curious to see how it matches with my IEMs and compare it with my other source gears. :)

Feb 6, 2021 at 6:42 AM Post #5,498 of 8,191
Cayin's Chinese New Year Holiday Announcement

The Chinese New Year is around the corner, all teams in Cayin will be having their yearly holiday starting from this Sunday.

Holiday period: 7 Feb 2021 to 20 Feb 2021

We'll resume office operation on 21 Feb 2021

All members of Cayin wish everyone an amazing Year of the Ox.

11421447.png

Feb 10, 2021 at 12:49 AM Post #5,502 of 8,191
I need some help with editing the music metadata on the N6ii. I want to be able to do it right on the device itself and not through a third party app. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.
Sorry, no specific recommends here. You might have to resort to Google, or you might want to check out
https://android.izzysoft.de/applists/category/onym/tools_search?lang=en
The latter has helped me a lot when trying to find the best and/or most trustworthy app for a certain purpose.

Feb 11, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #5,503 of 8,191
A wonderful pairing: A02 +C9. :smile:

Attachments

• 3BC62130-1788-4C85-A4D7-EF15642C5497.jpeg
    3BC62130-1788-4C85-A4D7-EF15642C5497.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 0
Feb 11, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #5,505 of 8,191
It works good with the HA-6A too.
So you got the A02 as well right? Good choice! Cayin only makes a handful of them (420 in total I believe). No more production plan in the future, especially due to the lack of AKM chips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back