Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Jun 17, 2020 at 3:45 AM Post #4,652 of 8,191
IMG_0043.jpg

Definitely my end game, the mids are crazily satisfying!

JH lola
Brise audio octa 14ref
Cayin n6ii E02

Jun 17, 2020 at 10:51 PM Post #4,653 of 8,191
@Vitaly2017 Hello Mr. Tiger Ears, may I ask which N6ii board sounds closest to stock WM1Z?

Also, have you listened to A&K SP1000 or 2000? If yes, what do you think of them compared to WM1Z or N6ii?

Thank you and stay healthy!

Hi , Tigers ears here for help hehe

Ummm yea I heard sp2000 not the 1000, If we are talking stock 1z then E02 would be the one to match 1z stock.

To keep it simple, wm1z is fun and very high end Hifi sounding. wm1z has the best hardware parts which make it to sound the best. N6ii is in same sound category as 1z like warm thick good bass and sub... Vocals are also very good and pretty natural.
I always find 1z sounding very organic and physical it makes better sound waves in a way so you can not only hear them but also feel them! N6ii is like 1z but I would say you can only hear the music it doesnt reach that 1z level of feelings with music.

Sp2000 is very different also very ToTL dap in sound category, it sounds more analytical and with neutral warm tone, it is definitely a less fun sound type I mean like its not like 1z or n6ii who offers more juicy and bigger bass's.
sp2000 would more audiophile more serious more technical, its unique as well but I found sp2000 a very hard dap to pair with iems or headphones as it seems to be more difficult to get that synergy bond. I only like the sound of sp2000 out of the audio technica that was specially designed and built for sp2000. No it did not sound good with my tia trio back in that time...

I would say if you like more fun bassy warm thick lush sound go with wm1z or n6ii. Of course wm1z will be a level up, though you will be plenty happy with n6ii depending if you pair it with mid or high tier iems. ToTL better go with 1z.

If you like less thickness, more concentration on instruments and nuances. Something that will offer you a more technical flavor rather then more fun factor. I think sp2000 is good for more concentrated listen rather then relaxing and chilling one as you can get with 1z or n6ii.
I personally didnt get along with sp2000 and find it quiet opposite to anything else I heard, not a normal sound perception and it was simply weird overall. Who knows maybe you will like it?

It is best you try each of them to have a better view and decision. Also depends what music you listen what you like to hear in music... Many factors can affect that decision.

Jun 18, 2020 at 12:28 AM Post #4,654 of 8,191
Thank you Mr. Tiger Ears!

I want a thicker, musical, emotional sound, while still retaining reasonably good technicals.. so I will put more priority on n6ii, then wm1z, due to budget limitations.. though ideally wm1z may be the perfect dap for me if cost were no issue..

I have heard the wm1z stock and it is an excellent dap for sure, which is why i want to try to get some of that sound with the n6ii if possible with certain boards so i can still fit my budget :)

Cheers and stay healthy!

Jun 18, 2020 at 12:57 AM Post #4,655 of 8,191

Ummm yea I heard sp2000 not the 1000, If we are talking stock 1z then E02 would be the one to match 1z stock.

To keep it simple, wm1z is fun and very high end Hifi sounding. wm1z has the best hardware parts which make it to sound the best. N6ii is in same sound category as 1z like warm thick good bass and sub... Vocals are also very good and pretty natural.
I always find 1z sounding very organic and physical it makes better sound waves in a way so you can not only hear them but also feel them! N6ii is like 1z but I would say you can only hear the music it doesnt reach that 1z level of feelings with music.

Sp2000 is very different also very ToTL dap in sound category, it sounds more analytical and with neutral warm tone, it is definitely a less fun sound type I mean like its not like 1z or n6ii who offers more juicy and bigger bass's.
sp2000 would more audiophile more serious more technical, its unique as well but I found sp2000 a very hard dap to pair with iems or headphones as it seems to be more difficult to get that synergy bond. I only like the sound of sp2000 out of the audio technica that was specially designed and built for sp2000. No it did not sound good with my tia trio back in that time...

I would say if you like more fun bassy warm thick lush sound go with wm1z or n6ii. Of course wm1z will be a level up, though you will be plenty happy with n6ii depending if you pair it with mid or high tier iems. ToTL better go with 1z.

If you like less thickness, more concentration on instruments and nuances. Something that will offer you a more technical flavor rather then more fun factor. I think sp2000 is good for more concentrated listen rather then relaxing and chilling one as you can get with 1z or n6ii.
I personally didnt get along with sp2000 and find it quiet opposite to anything else I heard, not a normal sound perception and it was simply weird overall. Who knows maybe you will like it?

It is best you try each of them to have a better view and decision. Also depends what music you listen what you like to hear in music... Many factors can affect that decision.

Hi Tiger Ears,

Do you find it more difficult to differentiate the difference in sound due to the LID technology on the 64 Audio's Tia lineup?
I have been thinking of getting my very first DAP.. although I'm tempted by the SP2000.. I personally prefer the clean Android UI/OS on the N6ii. I might wait it out and see if Cayin will release a new DAP sometime this year :D

Jun 18, 2020 at 1:00 AM Post #4,656 of 8,191
Hi Tiger Ears,

Do you find it more difficult to differentiate the difference in sound due to the LID technology on the 64 Audio's Tia lineup?
I have been thinking of getting my very first DAP.. although I'm tempted by the SP2000.. I personally prefer the clean Android UI/OS on the N6ii. I might wait it out and see if Cayin will release a new DAP sometime this year :D

I have not found the LiD to get in the way of anything personally and so far not had issues with it. I can cable roll and dap roll and hear and feel all the differences... I didnt like my Tia Trio with Sp2000cc. To my ears N6ii E02 can be much more appealing then sp2000cc for sure.
both daps can do streaming...

Jun 18, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #4,657 of 8,191

Interesting to hear that the E02 sounds like stock WM1Z. How much better is k mod or romi mod compared to 1z stock?

Jun 18, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #4,659 of 8,191
Interesting to hear that the E02 sounds like stock WM1Z. How much better is k mod or romi mod compared to 1z stock?

I said close or resembles wm1z stock sound not equal :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :upside_down: and wm1z still brings you beyond what n6ii does. N8 is on par with wm1z I still liked 1z more.

I cant comment yet on exact changes in what moded 1z vs stock sounds like. I do can tell the different is very perceptible and present. It kinda changes the 1z stock sound and becomes something new different not stock that much. Kmod is the closest sound to stock 1z. Romi mod is transforming your dap into a new beast.

Jun 19, 2020 at 3:32 AM Post #4,661 of 8,191
Hi, can someone give me some impressions on how effective this is as a Roon remote. In particular, can you tell me if there's any down-sampling going on, how smoothly it functions as a Roon remote, and any other general impressions. Thanks.

Jun 19, 2020 at 7:14 AM Post #4,662 of 8,191
I said close or resembles wm1z stock sound not equal :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :upside_down: and wm1z still brings you beyond what n6ii does. N8 is on par with wm1z I still liked 1z more.

I cant comment yet on exact changes in what moded 1z vs stock sounds like. I do can tell the different is very perceptible and present. It kinda changes the 1z stock sound and becomes something new different not stock that much. Kmod is the closest sound to stock 1z. Romi mod is transforming your dap into a new beast.
Haha! Fair enough.

It is just that it’s not the first time I’ve heard that the E02 sound is like the stock wm1z. A few other people have said this. Of course I’m not in a position to comment as I haven’t heard either, and so I have to defer to others. I appreciate that the wm1z is double the price of the N6ii and that Sony know their stuff.

One poster who owned the Cayin N8 said that he thought the E01 board was pretty much equal to the N8 and that E01 took the N6ii to TOTL level. I guess, since E02 is similar to E01 then I was wondering if it was a similar thing.

I was considering the E02 you had up fo sale. But when I looked again last night it was sold. Oh well 😔

Jun 19, 2020 at 7:19 AM Post #4,663 of 8,191
Haha! Fair enough.

It is just that it’s not the first time I’ve heard that the E02 sound is like the stock wm1z. A few other people have said this. Of course I’m not in a position to comment as I haven’t heard either, and so I have to defer to others. I appreciate that the wm1z is double the price of the N6ii and that Sony know their stuff.

One poster who owned the Cayin N8 said that he thought the E01 board was pretty much equal to the N8 and that E01 took the N6ii to TOTL level. I guess, since E02 is similar to E01 then I was wondering if it was a similar thing.

I was considering the E02 you had up fo sale. But when I looked again last night it was sold. Oh well 😔

The person I sold it to prefers hes E01 and if you really really want I can ask him to sell it to you I can bring you both in contact if you desire so I am going to met with him today so let me know :feet: :smiley_cat:

Jun 21, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #4,665 of 8,191
Just wanna report that after the latest Android UAPP update the Cayin player cannot play DSD recording at all (just hissing noice) using UAPP. Cayin player app is OK though.
I never could’t play DSD files on N6ii using UAPP, starting from installing this app on player. Cayin player working with DSD without any problems at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back