Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Mar 5, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #3,766 of 8,191
I’ve got around 300 albums from my iTunes music collection in AAC (purchased from iTunes Store) and ALAC format (CDs imported into iTunes into Apple’s lossless format) stored on my Mac. Would it be correct to assume that the N6ii would be able to play Apple AAC and ALAC format music files? Not a big deal if it cannot as my main music is in Tidal and Qobuz, but would be a nice to have.

Also, what is the best way to transfer my music files from my Mac to the N6ii? I want to avoid using Android File Transfer app as that ruins my Mac!

The N6ii can play ALAC files. I would think you can just drag the music from the iTunes storage location to the N6ii.

Mar 6, 2020 at 3:48 AM Post #3,768 of 8,191
This is with Tidal. I download playlists to the N6ii and then listen off line. I can’t recall if it happens online or not. I only stream and so do not use any other music app.
I use Tidal on the N6ii online and offline all the time with no issues at all.

You must have a CD somewhere, give it a try, rip the CD to FLAC, load it onto the internal memory and see if it plays continuously from an app other than Tidal.

or...

Do you offline to internal memory or SD card? If the latter try a different SD card.

Mar 7, 2020 at 1:36 AM Post #3,772 of 8,191
Does anyone have a link to the manual for the N6ii (in English) that is in a better format than the one here?

https://en.cayin.cn/down1/show?id=13576

The official one is really hard to read and navigate on a computer screen. I don't have my N6ii yet so wanted to skim through the manual.

Hi,

Check the attachment, I have edited a bit, hope it helps.

thanks

Attachments

• Cayin N6ii Eng-Manual.pdf
    969.3 KB · Views: 0
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Mar 7, 2020 at 3:37 AM Post #3,774 of 8,191
Any further firmware updates coming? How about full MQA Support like the N8 or making sure that the Android Roon app actually works on the DAP (mine freezes every time I try to open it);

Or even, perhaps, an Android version update? @CayinSupport

Mar 7, 2020 at 4:07 AM Post #3,775 of 8,191
I've ordered an N6ii with the E01 module to be used for critical listening at home (mostly for bedtime). I want to buy one other module, A01 or T01, mostly for travel use where the ultimate sound quality isn't the main criteria, but better battery life is. So, for such travel use, would you go for the A01 or T01 modules? I prefer an analytical sound.

Headphones for travel would be the RHA T20 IEMs which are 16 Ohm / 90dB sensitivity, so not the most sensitive of IEMs.

Mar 7, 2020 at 6:03 AM Post #3,776 of 8,191
I've ordered an N6ii with the E01 module to be used for critical listening at home (mostly for bedtime). I want to buy one other module, A01 or T01, mostly for travel use where the ultimate sound quality isn't the main criteria, but better battery life is. So, for such travel use, would you go for the A01 or T01 modules? I prefer an analytical sound.

Headphones for travel would be the RHA T20 IEMs which are 16 Ohm / 90dB sensitivity, so not the most sensitive of IEMs.
Critical like you aint playing around but more like studying math ?

Mar 7, 2020 at 6:03 AM Post #3,777 of 8,191

A01 for sure has the best battery life. You may prefer the sound also.

Mar 7, 2020 at 5:31 PM Post #3,779 of 8,191
I’ve got around 300 albums from my iTunes music collection in AAC (purchased from iTunes Store) and ALAC format (CDs imported into iTunes into Apple’s lossless format) stored on my Mac. Would it be correct to assume that the N6ii would be able to play Apple AAC and ALAC format music files? Not a big deal if it cannot as my main music is in Tidal and Qobuz, but would be a nice to have.

Also, what is the best way to transfer my music files from my Mac to the N6ii? I want to avoid using Android File Transfer app as that ruins my Mac!

yes it can play AAC and ALAC.

just use Finder to copy and paste the songs, very easy

Mar 7, 2020 at 6:04 PM Post #3,780 of 8,191
yes it can play AAC and ALAC.

just use Finder to copy and paste the songs, very easy

So when you connect the N6ii up to a Mac via a USB cable, does it show up as a drive on the Mac? I’ve had issues connecting Android devices to my iMac and Android File Transfer breaks Bluetooth on my Mac. If it does just appear as another drive then all will be well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back