Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Jan 31, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #3,631 of 8,191
Interested in swapping my mojo+poly for the n6ii. Anyone have any impressions on how they compare? Would appreciate it.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #3,633 of 8,191
Is anybody tried N6ii with Dan Clark Aeon 2 via balance output? Looking for full size isodynamic headphones, but I am worried - is it enough power to drive that headphones well?
I really like the Modhouse Argon MKIII. I went through many planars and this is my favorite. Weight, tonality, comfort, balance, and bass slam are lovely and the price is right. Don't let the price fool you though. These compete with much more expensive headphones, the likes of Audeze LCD series, and Hifiman.

The Sendy Aiva is excellent too. The Sendy is a little heavy though. Build quality is better than the Argon as is the cable and case that come with these. There is a bit of mid suckout, but this can be fixed with eq.

Jan 31, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #3,634 of 8,191
Interested in swapping my mojo+poly for the n6ii. Anyone have any impressions on how they compare? Would appreciate it.

I would like to know this too.

Feb 1, 2020 at 1:28 AM Post #3,636 of 8,191
Looks like it is open back planar, unfortunately I can listen only closed back headphones at the office and home conditions. Do you have experience pairing Modhouse Argon MKIII with A01 motherboard?
It's a semi-open headphone. There isn't a lot of sound leakage. I can't even tell it's semi-open.

Yes I have the A01 and it sounds really good with this combo. I listen with the 4.4mm balanced output.

Feb 3, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #3,638 of 8,191
Dear customers,

According to the government's latest notice, due to the Coronavirus outbreak in the nation, the Chinese New Year holiday has been extended for a week, to Sunday, February 9th. All team members will be back in the office on February 10th.

However, you can still contact us on our Facebook page if you have any enquiry about our products or customer service.

We wish everyone a healthy and happy 2020.

Cayin's Chinese New Year Holiday Announcement

The Chinese New Year is around the corner, all teams in Cayin will be having their yearly holiday starting from this Sunday.

Holiday period: 19/01/2020 to 02/02/2020

Everything will be back to normal operation on February 3rd.

During this period, you can still contact us by DM on Facebook or tag @CayinSupport in your post.

All members of Cayin wish everyone an amazing Year of the Rat.

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Feb 3, 2020 at 12:45 PM Post #3,639 of 8,191
Dear customers,

According to the government's latest notice, due to the Coronavirus outbreak in the nation, the Chinese New Year holiday has been extended for a week, to Sunday, February 9th. All team members will be back in the office on February 10th.

However, you can still contact us on this Facebook page if you have any enquiry about our products or customer service.

We will everyone a healthy and happy 2020.

Stay safe! Your health is much more important than any hobby.

Feb 6, 2020 at 6:30 AM Post #3,641 of 8,191
@CayinSupport @Andykong

Update to below: As mentioned it looked like my N6ii had died. I left it plugged into the charger and left it for about half an hour. I then pressed the volume button in for 10 seconds, and magic! it starts to boot up. Tidal appears to be working fine and music is playing fine. Anyone have an idea what actually happened to the dap or why it wasn't responsive in any way?

Can anyone help with an issue I have just had? It seems as though my N6ii has just died. I was listening to music via Tidal and all was well and then the following sequence happened:

• The first thing noticed was the button on the right hand side to forward a track, instead went to a previous track. I then realised the forward and back buttons were reversed
  • The song looked like it was paying as the song counter was moving forward i.e 0.01 etc ,also the line showing the progress was also moving, but there was no sound at all.
  • I tried pressing a few buttons then went to clear all. It then said there was a problem with Tidal and a small blue circle appeared in the right hand corner of the Tidal icon.
  • I tried to reload Tidal but nothing happened. I then went to press the volume button in to power off the dap but nothing happened.
  • I then went to try and load Tidal again but now the screen went black and the Cayin yellow logo started to display across the screen. (as though it was booting up fresh)
  • Then the wording 'Never be the same again' appeared (as though booting up) but it just hung on the screen and nothing further happened. I tried pressing buttons such as the volume button, then volume button plus pause button but nothing happened.
  • I then held in the volume button to try and switch off the dap. After about 10 seconds the screen went black.
  • I tried switching it on again but got nothing.
  • I have hooked it up to the charger to see if power would help but again nothing. There is no bright light flashing to indicate charging.
  • The dap appears a bit dead. I have tried holding in the volume button for 10 seconds plus but nothing.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2020 at 7:21 AM Post #3,642 of 8,191
@CayinSupport @Andykong

Update to below: As mentioned it looked like my N6ii had died. I left it plugged into the charger and left it for about half an hour. I then pressed the volume button in for 10 seconds, and magic! it starts to boot up. Tidal appears to be working fine and music is playing fine. Anyone have an idea what actually happened to the dap or why it wasn't responsive in any way?

Can anyone help with an issue I have just had? It seems as though my N6ii has just died. I was listening to music via Tidal and all was well and then the following sequence happened:

• The first thing noticed was the button on the right hand side to forward a track, instead went to a previous track. I then realised the forward and back buttons were reversed
  • The song looked like it was paying as the song counter was moving forward i.e 0.01 etc ,also the line showing the progress was also moving, but there was no sound at all.
  • I tried pressing a few buttons then went to clear all. It then said there was a problem with Tidal and a small blue circle appeared in the right hand corner of the Tidal icon.
  • I tried to reload Tidal but nothing happened. I then went to press the volume button in to power off the dap but nothing happened.
  • I then went to try and load Tidal again but now the screen went black and the Cayin yellow logo started to display across the screen. (as though it was booting up fresh)
  • Then the wording 'Never be the same again' appeared (as though booting up) but it just hung on the screen and nothing further happened. I tried pressing buttons such as the volume button, then volume button plus pause button but nothing happened.
  • I then held in the volume button to try and switch off the dap. After about 10 seconds the screen went black.
  • I tried switching it on again but got nothing.
  • I have hooked it up to the charger to see if power would help but again nothing. There is no bright light flashing to indicate charging.
  • The dap appears a bit dead. I have tried holding in the volume button for 10 seconds plus but nothing.

I hope for you this was just an android crash or something ... and is stays fine

Feb 9, 2020 at 5:37 AM Post #3,644 of 8,191
Dear customers,

Due to the Coronavirus outbreak in the country, we will restore limited service tomorrow on February 10th. Until the next notice, you still can contact us on our Facebook page for inquiry of our products and customer service.

Best regards,

Cayin
hey , i hope you all stay well :)

will you be able to ship some ordered goods from 10th on?

Feb 10, 2020 at 1:20 AM Post #3,645 of 8,191
hey , i hope you all stay well :)

will you be able to ship some ordered goods from 10th on?

Hi,

Thank you. Unfortunately, we are not yet able to ship products oversea.

However, our retail partners and dealers around the globe still have products in stock.

You can contact your local dealer if you want to purchase any of our products.

Following is our distributor in Germany,

CAYIN AUDIO DISTRIBUTION GMBH
Address: An der Kreuzheck 8 61479 Glashütten-Schlossborn EORI number is: DE4876873
T:49-61742597880

Thank you and wish you the best,

CayinSupport

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back