Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Jan 30, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #3,618 of 8,191
Absolutely loving the E01-- sound is cleaner, punchier, more detailed and refined overall. Someone once described the E01 as like a "mini N8" and I would agree with that. Having a hard time taking Solaris out of my ears when using E01...definitely a worthy upgrade imho, even with the reduced battery life.

Jan 30, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #3,619 of 8,191
For all people who having issues with Qobuz, like the app is takes too long to launch or can't play offline because download keep failing, you should format the sd card as internal through android storage setting and move all the apps from internal storage to sd card.

Hope this will help.
thanks,
i'll try to do it this weekend, with 1Tb microsd card is going to take a while to transfer all the files back to the new formatted card.

Jan 30, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #3,620 of 8,191
I don't experience the same situation as yours, but maybe more information can trigger response from other users.

Can you post a photo of your setup, especially the connection? what exactly are the source? What OS? Did you use a Type C to printer B USB cable or you are using an USB C to B adapter in your connection?
Thanks Andy

I'm using the provided USB cable (also tested with other cables) and a Win10 laptop with Cayin driver installed, Tidal and Roon.

Jan 30, 2020 at 1:18 PM Post #3,621 of 8,191
i am also going to get the e01 module soon. Although I adore the A01 module as is.

this dap makes all my iems sound amazing, a good sounding dap makes any great iem sound great, with other daps when i post that I did not like that dap with this iem, they start to tell me about synergy and stuff. Well cayin n6ii makes me enjoy all my iems regardless of their sound signature profile and I own alot and each has its own signature, and one thing they all share they sound dam amazing on cayin n6ii

with n6ii i just plug my iems and enjoy music, with other daps I am like dam why is this sounding like that, oh synergy, oh mismatch, oh whatever. No simply they are not great daps period. I was simply consumed in analyzing things and not enjoying music at all.

Only 2 daps are offering me pure bliss are cayin and calyx

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #3,622 of 8,191
I‘d like ask a few questions, in particular to @Andykong. Maybe they seem ”out of this world“ to you, but I like to treat any of my devices quite carefully and nicely. They are all about the N6ii battery.
  1. What are the battery manufacturer‘s specs besides full capacity? How many discharge-charge cycles, before a certain degradation occurs?
  2. How does Android (international version of N6ii) act when the battery gets very low? Orderly shutdown, or just vanishing?
  3. Any harm done when running with the charger connected (QC 3.0 device at 18 W) for a prolonged time after charging fully?
  4. What about charging and playing music simultaneously? I have NOT experienced excessive heat, not even with T01, of course not with A01 (I don‘t own an E01 [yet]).
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #3,623 of 8,191
Fotor_158041639243238.jpg

The E01 module for the n6ii is a magical little piece of kit-- improved clarity, separation, dynamics and overall "liquidity" of the signature. Someone described it as a "mini N8" and I would agree. Very hard to put this combo down. It even brings a touch oft-needed discipline to LX's thunderous bass. Running mine through an ALO Silver Litz 4.4 cable.

Jan 30, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #3,624 of 8,191

The E01 module for the n6ii is a magical little piece of kit-- improved clarity, separation, dynamics and overall "liquidity" of the signature. Someone described it as a "mini N8" and I would agree. Very hard to put this combo down. It even brings a touch oft-needed discipline to LX's thunderous bass. Running mine through an ALO Silver Litz 4.4 cable.
how u like it with solaris se, as i might get one soon

Jan 30, 2020 at 4:08 PM Post #3,625 of 8,191
Absolutely loving the E01-- sound is cleaner, punchier, more detailed and refined overall. Someone once described the E01 as like a "mini N8" and I would agree with that. Having a hard time taking Solaris out of my ears when using E01...definitely a worthy upgrade imho, even with the reduced battery life.

I agreed. However, I don’t own the LX but E01 is amazingly waking up my Spartan IV via the Maestro. I love this combination as much as DX220/ amp8EXFE via Eros II 8wire and Phantom.

Jan 30, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #3,626 of 8,191
how u like it with solaris se, as i might get one soon

It's fantastic on both Legend X and Solaris SE. It's literally quite close to what I remember N8 (not the tube ouput) sounding like when I demoed last summer. @twister6 wrote in his review of the E01 module:

"AB
: bass has a faster attack with better defined punch and articulation; mids are more resolving, with improved layering and separation; treble has more crunch with a little extra sparkle.

The overall soundstage expansion is surprisingly wide for Single Ended output, but I still found AB to expand wider while A having a little more intimate feeling. As for the sound, E01 still has a natural detailed tonality with a balanced signature where in many pair-ups I hear extra attention to articulate bass impact, natural detailed layered mids/vocals, and well controlled treble sparkle. Even with some IEMs where treble could get hot, E01 was able to keep harsh peaks under control without compromising resolution and airiness."

I find this to be spot on with both IEMs I've tried (Solaris SE and LX)-- it's elevated them both imho. It adds a certain...sweetness? Liquidity?...I'm not sure what exactly but it's addicting and I love it.

Jan 31, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #3,628 of 8,191

have you compared E01 with T01?

Jan 31, 2020 at 10:01 AM Post #3,629 of 8,191
Jan 31, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #3,630 of 8,191

Users who are viewing this thread

Back