Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Jun 17, 2019 at 4:42 AM Post #946 of 8,191
Anyone having issues of the cayin music app running even after being exited from? It seems like it is auto turned on when the device starts as well. I tried to force stop app, but it tends to appear repeatedly. @Andykong would you be able to help on this? Thank You!

I did experience that a few times too. I also notice while skipping songs on shuffle mode sometimes the artworks got blanked out like it freezes for a solid 2 3 seconds. I usually have to start Cayin music back up. Hopefully a future firmware could make the UI experience smoother?

Jun 17, 2019 at 4:44 AM Post #947 of 8,191
I agree with the OCD part. I'll try neutron and Onkyo then. I was assuming they won't sound different as the apps are just hosts for the playback. As it bypsses SRC, I assume they would sound the same, no?
Try playing same track on each music app.

Jun 17, 2019 at 4:45 AM Post #948 of 8,191
I did experience that a few times too. I also notice while skipping songs on shuffle mode sometimes the artworks got blanked out like it freezes for a solid 2 3 seconds. I usually have to start Cayin music back up. Hopefully a future firmware could make the UI experience smoother?
Yes I have been having the exact same issues as well... :frowning2:

Jun 17, 2019 at 4:45 AM Post #949 of 8,191
Jun 17, 2019 at 4:50 AM Post #951 of 8,191
Yes I have been having the exact same issues as well... :frowning2:

Nothing too major so far, but it gets me a little irked whenever it happens. Still sounds beautifully lah haha.

Jun 17, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #953 of 8,191
So just to follow up my point about shuffling in between songs and how the album art covers just freeze like this. I have been using simple fix by hitting the next song in the queue or head back to the main screen then come back to the app. But it's still getting on my nerve with Cayin music.

Attachments

• 20190618_005907.jpg
    20190618_005907.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Jun 17, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #954 of 8,191
Using 4.4mm bal output while playing DSD files (and FLACs) - it's expected to get warm. You're all good!

That will be my pairing when I take delivery of my N6ii, albeit using the standard CA Litz 3.5 SE. I’m assuming going out of my way to pick up a 4.4 balanced cable isn’t going to net me a massive difference with that set up?

Jun 17, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #956 of 8,191
@Andykong

may i ask if the 4.4 ground is connected so that i can made a proper 2x 3pin xlr cable?

mini hdmi into the the deanfrips terminator works fine for pcm, didn't test dsd. is the mini hdmi out ps audio compatible?

it's a nice dap, speedy gui, nice haptic, good sound for the price and enough power to drived the obravo and an diana phi fine, nice done .

Jun 17, 2019 at 8:55 PM Post #957 of 8,191
So just to follow up my point about shuffling in between songs and how the album art covers just freeze like this. I have been using simple fix by hitting the next song in the queue or head back to the main screen then come back to the app. But it's still getting on my nerve with Cayin music.
Does your Hiby music app give the same problem? I find Hiby maybe just slightly more responsive, but the shuffling of songs is still a minor setback. I actually gave neutron a go. Apart from the appearance of the neutron app, the UI is speedy and responsive. Pi player is also responsive, but, the output from pi player isn't as clean sounding as Cayin/Hiby music or Neutron. Pi player actually does sound different after I tested it against Cayin music. The volume is slightly lower then usual, and the resolution lacks details to a certain extent I would say. With my OCD, I am quite certain it sounded different, at least to my ears. Neutron with stock settings = Cayin/hiby music with stock settings.

Jun 18, 2019 at 5:41 AM Post #958 of 8,191
Does your Hiby music app give the same problem? I find Hiby maybe just slightly more responsive, but the shuffling of songs is still a minor setback. I actually gave neutron a go. Apart from the appearance of the neutron app, the UI is speedy and responsive. Pi player is also responsive, but, the output from pi player isn't as clean sounding as Cayin/Hiby music or Neutron. Pi player actually does sound different after I tested it against Cayin music. The volume is slightly lower then usual, and the resolution lacks details to a certain extent I would say. With my OCD, I am quite certain it sounded different, at least to my ears. Neutron with stock settings = Cayin/hiby music with stock settings.

I tried listening on Hiby today. Surprisingly no issue thus far. I also downloaded Foobar2000 mobile just to see how things go. And I think your OCD is quite justified. I did notice a difference not just in loudness with Cayin Music but also a bit more dynamism there too. Hiby was not bad but I still prefer the Cayin stock player.

Besides all of this little annoyances, the player is a beast and I find myself listening to it more than with my WM1A for the last week or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back