Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Jun 10, 2019 at 11:07 PM Post #737 of 8,174
@Andykong not sure if you’re even able to answer this given the DAP was just released, but for future motherboards with balanced out, can we expect to keep seeing 4.4mm over 2.5mm?
I dont think Cayin will ever make a 2.5 again.

Jun 10, 2019 at 11:16 PM Post #739 of 8,174
Jun 11, 2019 at 12:05 AM Post #741 of 8,174
I think technically these are both top tier DAPs. I don't think the DX220 is more "reference" vs the N6ii. It's definitely cooler sounding than the N6ii. The difference comes in the way these portray the music / sound. I'm switching between these right now and my thoughts are the the N6ii is more dynamic, punchy, and full bodied than the DX220. I'm using the DX220 with AMP8. The DX220 is punchier than the DX200 is (I own the DX200Ti too) so iBasso is headed that way with their kit. The DX220 is a more boring sound than what the N6ii offers.
Thanks for your impressions, which device in our opinion has the edge in soundstage? Thank you!

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:13 AM Post #742 of 8,174
Jun 11, 2019 at 12:14 AM Post #743 of 8,174
Jun 11, 2019 at 1:10 AM Post #744 of 8,174
Hello, can Audeze LCD2 work well with n6ii? I mean from power point of view..?

Since no one else is replying, the answer should be absolutely yes.

Here’s Audeze’s most current specs for the LCD-2 (note the recommended power needed). Audeze has really stepped up and now provides more reasonable recommendations for power compared to in the past:

5897202C-1D10-40BE-A949-DD2C8EA19FB2.jpeg

Jun 11, 2019 at 1:45 AM Post #745 of 8,174
Thanks for your impressions, which device in our opinion has the edge in soundstage? Thank you!

I'm a bit disappointed to hear that actually as I was almost ready to buy the N6II. Now I'm not sure. To me soundstage is one of the most important aspects in a DAP. Can somebody speak up on this? Should we prefer DAPs with wider soundstage?

Jun 11, 2019 at 1:56 AM Post #746 of 8,174
I'm a bit disappointed to hear that actually as I was almost ready to buy the N6II. Now I'm not sure. To me soundstage is one of the most important aspects in a DAP. Can somebody speak up on this? Should we prefer DAPs with wider soundstage?

I had the opportunity to compare both the DX220 (AMP 1) and N6II with my iems. To my ears, I felt that N6II was much airier, wider in soundstage, dynamic and musical sounding. It had more body to it and encompassed all the details (resolution) without being analytical. The DX220 felt boring to me and its laggy UI was definitely a no go for me. I could be wrong with respect to other Amp modules. I was unable to pair the DX220 with the Amp 8 to make comparisons. Anyhow, Cayin feels more all rounded and ticked all my requirements. The best way to solve this is to demo both DAPs with the drivers you use on a daily basis, to make the direct comparisons based on what you hear for yourself. I was deciding upon the DX220 and N6II and thus went for the latter.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2019 at 1:57 AM Post #747 of 8,174

I have both DAP's.

Stage is a psycho acoustic illusion (with IEM vented ones can seem more natural/wider) since my Ex1000 sound wide as they should do to their tuning...the N6II and DX220 show no difference great enough to make any claim that would direct a purchase of one or the other.

Jun 11, 2019 at 1:58 AM Post #748 of 8,174
Well your mind has been changed , so just get the dx220 then after you didlike that come back. Soundstage width opinion is an opinion. If the sound from a dap gives more body then you might be distracted by this sound and think that the soundstage aint as wide as expected. Now remove this sound, body, and make the sound flat , cold , and thin and you will get a sense the soundstage is wider.

Jun 11, 2019 at 2:00 AM Post #749 of 8,174
I have both DAP's.

Stage is a psycho acoustic illusion (with IEM vented ones can seem more natural/wider) since my Ex1000 sound wide as they should do to their tuning...the N6II and DX220 show no difference great enough to make any claim that would direct a purchase of one or the other.

I definitely agree with this as well. Since I paired it with my VE6X1, the body and soundstage is amazing on the N6II. @Gayron.

Jun 11, 2019 at 2:03 AM Post #750 of 8,174
Most of soundstage/width is created by the choice of iems rather than dap. Just get the dap you like using the most. Also, do you like the idea of changing amps or whole module. If neither appeal just get a fiio m11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back