Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Jun 10, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #723 of 8,188
Do you think DX220 is more reference sounding and N6ii is more fun? Are they technicaly on the same Level regarding sound?
Ask Twister hes the king of flat (reference) sound.

Jun 10, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #724 of 8,188
Do you think DX220 is more reference sounding and N6ii is more fun? Are they technicaly on the same Level regarding sound?
I think technically these are both top tier DAPs. I don't think the DX220 is more "reference" vs the N6ii. It's definitely cooler sounding than the N6ii. The difference comes in the way these portray the music / sound. I'm switching between these right now and my thoughts are the the N6ii is more dynamic, punchy, and full bodied than the DX220. I'm using the DX220 with AMP8. The DX220 is punchier than the DX200 is (I own the DX200Ti too) so iBasso is headed that way with their kit. The DX220 is a more boring sound than what the N6ii offers.

I've owned the RME ADI-2 Pro desktop AD/DA converter before and this is used to master audio by the pros. It was very flat and technically almost perfect but still had a warmer tonality to it. I think the N6ii sounds closer to it than the DX220.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #729 of 8,188
Yes you can watch Youtube on it. You should be able to run any of the apps you can run on an Android phone with the same specs.
Would it be possible to play YouTube with the screen off? For the music videos and concerts that are on there.

Jun 10, 2019 at 7:38 PM Post #730 of 8,188
Jun 10, 2019 at 10:35 PM Post #733 of 8,188

Odd bug captured in a vid for another item

Every other volume step cuts sound off odd #'s no sound even #'s sound....very weird

That is bizarre, Chris. Could be a defective unit?

Btw, since you guys are talking about volume pot, I have been paying closer attention and noticed that in some cases the volume goes up/down one step with one turn/click, in other cases it takes a few clicks to change the volume by a step. I didn't even notice it before since I usually continuously turn the wheel to change the volume up/down and use touch screen for more precise adjustment.

Jun 10, 2019 at 10:46 PM Post #734 of 8,188
Still confused what to buy n6mkii or dx220:weary:

20190607_132950.jpg

Hmm... in brief, I walk away with a N6ii.

Both appeal to me in different way. DX220 has its strong points to my ears (e.g. cleaner, technical, spacious and in terms of treble presentation I felt DX220 edge out N6ii slightly). Familiarity also another consideration, given that I've owned DX200 (sold) and the AMP8.

The speed, battery life, and not super hot running temperatures are what made me stick with the N6ii over the DX220, but both are amazing DAPs and you’d be happy with either.

Ditto... also, I'm buying the 'idea' of a modular approach here and hope Cayin doesn't disappoint with whatever they have in the pipeline in future. :L3000:

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2019 at 10:57 PM Post #735 of 8,188
That is bizarre, Chris. Could be a defective unit?

Btw, since you guys are talking about volume pot, I have been paying closer attention and noticed that in some cases the volume goes up/down one step with one turn/click, in other cases it takes a few clicks to change the volume by a step. I didn't even notice it before since I usually continuously turn the wheel to change the volume up/down and use touch screen for more precise adjustment.

Yeah, bizarre. It sounds great though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back