Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Jun 10, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #706 of 8,191
For those who got the N6II, how is your "standby" battery drain?

I charged mine overnight (reported 100% battery), unplugged it for about 1.5 hours with no music playing and it dropped to 90%. How does this compare to others experience?

I saw a setting in the battery menu called "Battery Saver", I put just flipped this on so I can evaluate whether this fixes the "standby" drain rate in a bit but if anyone else has tips - I'm all ears :o2smile:!

The battery life has been excellent. I get two full days of music listening with my N6ii.

Anybody seen Hawaii bad boy video, shows problems with the volume control on this dap?

I haven't had any problems with my N6ii. It's been pretty much prefect. I think the volume control is the best I've used on any DAP.

Jun 10, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #707 of 8,191
Anybody seen Hawaii bad boy video, shows problems with the volume control on this dap?

I haven’t seen this video but the only thing I’ve noticed about the volume control is that if you rotate it VERY slowly it doesn’t change the volume. Other than that my only gripes with the DAP are software related. It is truly an amazing device.

Jun 10, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #708 of 8,191
The battery life has been excellent. I get two full days of music listening with my N6ii.

I haven't had any problems with my N6ii. It's been pretty much prefect. I think the volume control is the best I've used on any DAP.

Did you change of the default settings?

Jun 10, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #710 of 8,191
No I haven't changed anything for the battery from default.

Good to know, the only app I had opened on the DAP was Qobuz. Makes me wonder if that software has some bad code that drains the battery heavily even in "standby" mode.

Also, how do I make sure apps are not running in the background on the N6II? I'm aware of the force stop option in the Settings -> Apps & notifications for each app but on the DX220 there is a way to show what apps are open and close them that way. Does the N6II have a similar menu?

Jun 10, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #711 of 8,191
Good to know, the only app I had opened on the DAP was Qobuz. Makes me wonder if that software has some bad code that drains the battery heavily even in "standby" mode.

Also, how do I make sure apps are not running in the background on the N6II? I'm aware of the force stop option in the Settings -> Apps & notifications for each app but on the DX220 there is a way to show what apps are open and close them that way. Does the N6II have a similar menu?

I believe you swipe from the bottom up then swipe the apps off the screen you want to close.

Jun 10, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #713 of 8,191
I believe you swipe from the bottom up then swipe the apps off the screen you want to close.
Yeah, when you do that it displays a CLEAR ALL. You can just down load a app manager app.

Jun 10, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #715 of 8,191

Yes, makes me wonder if it's app related? I only downloaded AnTuTu benchmark 3D app, nothing else for now. I do close all the apps periodically (swipe up to see the list). Under those conditions, I noticed I can come back a few hours later to see only 1% battery drop. For test purpose, maybe remove the app, do a fresh start with a factory reset, and check the battery performance. Then, install the app again to see if anything changed.

Jun 10, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #720 of 8,191
Im into fast music alt rock, pop little warmth and bass! Iem EM5,ctm ct6e,se 846 and fitear tg334. Im not using headphone! Thanks
I would recommend the N6ii. I have similar preferences and the N6ii has changed the way I think about portable DAPs. It's an incredible preformer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back