Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Oct 18, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #7,366 of 8,191
Oh boy, after 200 hrs your flight to the clouds on the E02 will leave the ionosphere.
wow so i'm far behind then. i'm about 80-90 hours or less burn in.

Oct 18, 2021 at 5:15 PM Post #7,367 of 8,191
I'll have to investigate the other boards - it would seem rude not to! Is there a consensus or general view on another top performing board?
Lol. In this game no real consensus. I have not heard the full monty, but to me personally, and knowing the chips in other implementations, it would run down something like this: R01, T01, E02, E01, A01.
A02 does its own thing.
The E’s may switch places. Class a goodness may win out, but hearing is everything, so I am just out here guessing.
Hopefully someone with actual ear time with all the boards will chime in.

Oct 18, 2021 at 5:15 PM Post #7,368 of 8,191
I'll have to investigate the other boards - it would seem rude not to! Is there a consensus or general view on another top performing board?
Alex @twister6 , did a thorough review of all the boards, which board did you order with your unit?

Oct 18, 2021 at 5:24 PM Post #7,370 of 8,191
Lol. In this game no real consensus. I have not heard the full monty, but to me personally, and knowing the chips in other implementations, it would run down something like this: R01, T01, E02, E01, A01.
A02 does its own thing.
The E’s may switch places. Class a goodness may win out, but hearing is everything, so I am just out here guessing.
Hopefully someone with actual ear time with all the boards will chime in.

Cool, sounds like I need to research the others - I'm guessing I'll find a variety of reviews and indeed, great if others here share some impressions - especially of a board that offers a contrasting experience to the R01.

Oct 18, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #7,371 of 8,191
Oct 18, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #7,377 of 8,191
Great to hear - how do you find it with Traillii?
Traillii sounds good with anything I ever fed it. Source did not seem to matter to it. But with R01 vs say LP w2 or a kann cube, the note weight is better with better layering and dynamics on R01

Oct 18, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #7,378 of 8,191
Traillii sounds good with anything I ever fed it. Source did not seem to matter to it. But with R01 vs say LP w2 or a kann cube, the note weight is better with better layering and dynamics on R01

Perfect, thank you! Yeah I feel it will likely give an extra kick to DDs like my IE900 plus in MEST MKII. Or indeed my various buds which already have an analogue sound, I'm very keen to hear how they perform with the R01.

Oct 18, 2021 at 6:37 PM Post #7,379 of 8,191
Alex @twister6 , did a thorough review of all the boards, which board did you order with your unit?

After R01, I can't go back to any previous boards with N6ii. It set a pretty high bar.

Btw, since you mentioned about waiting for DHL package, they are going through some serious international shipment delays. DHL even issued a "temporary service adjustment" to add extra days of shipment depending on country of origin. I'm in the same boat with packages that usually arrive within 2-3 days now taking a few weeks.

Oct 18, 2021 at 8:01 PM Post #7,380 of 8,191
After R01, I can't go back to any previous boards with N6ii. It set a pretty high bar.

Btw, since you mentioned about waiting for DHL package, they are going through some serious international shipment delays. DHL even issued a "temporary service adjustment" to add extra days of shipment depending on country of origin. I'm in the same boat with packages that usually arrive within 2-3 days now taking a few weeks.
100% agree with Alex. The R01 is the best sounding N6ii board to my ears by a very wide margin, unless you’re looking for line-out capability in which case the A02 is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back