Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Jan 23, 2020 at 7:47 AM Post #3,526 of 8,191
76F474B2-EB7E-48AE-AB1F-ABA80833964E.jpeg

So this is what I call a proper case.

Jan 23, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #3,527 of 8,191
Wow! The combo deal by Musicteck is good. Here is the breakdown:

1. If you bought the N6ii with AO1 and then bought T01 and E01 all separately, it would be $1957
2. If you bought the combo with A01 installed and TO1 and E01 bundled, it would be $1559 (best deal)
3. If you bought the combo with T01 installed and AO1 and E01 bundled, it would be $1579
4. If you bought the combo with E01 installed and AO1 and T01 bundled, it would be $1619

I was thinking about getting the n6ii with E01, which is $1319 at musicteck. If I can get all three modules for just $240 more, does it make sense to do it? Is the sound that different to justify all three modules?

Jan 23, 2020 at 3:39 PM Post #3,528 of 8,191

1. If you bought the N6ii with AO1 and then bought T01 and E01 all separately, it would be $1957
2. If you bought the combo with A01 installed and TO1 and E01 bundled, it would be $1559 (best deal)
3. If you bought the combo with T01 installed and AO1 and E01 bundled, it would be $1579
4. If you bought the combo with E01 installed and AO1 and T01 bundled, it would be $1619

I was thinking about getting the n6ii with E01, which is $1319 at musicteck. If I can get all three modules for just $240 more, does it make sense to do it? Is the sound that different to justify all three modules?

I would say yes. You could always sell the unneeded modules for a profit :wink:

Jan 23, 2020 at 3:41 PM Post #3,529 of 8,191

personally I like the T01 as well. That with the added battery life (double!) of A01 kinda makes both worth it?
YMMV, but maybe try them out first too if you can.

Jan 23, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #3,530 of 8,191
Hi all, I've been using my new N6ii for about a week, so far so good but I notice the WiFi reception is weaker than in my phone and laptop... is that normal???

I can't even use it for streaming in one of my work locations, but I'm able to use tidal from my phone and Laptop in the same location.

Also sometimes it suddenly stops playing when streaming...

Thanks
I think somebody mentioned it in the thread, maybe @Vitaly2017, but Cayin neutered the wifi signal a bit to reduce interference.

Jan 23, 2020 at 5:29 PM Post #3,532 of 8,191
Is there any confirmation on this? When I had the N6ii i don’t remember the WiFi being poor at all relative to other devices of mine.
Quote from @Vitaly2017, which he copied from Cayin

Adding wireless to DAP indeed will introduce interference, BT is not that significant, WiFi is the tough part. General users probably has no idea on the short-term brust of interference when a WiFi device is trying to make a connection. We learned to deal with the wireless interference back in 2016 when we develop the i5 DAP, we even scraped a complete production lot because of that. We couldn't eliminate interference completely, we only shift the interference frequency to a less noticeable range and attenuate it to an inaudible level. So far, we don't receive any confirmed case of wireless interference from users, but we do receive a lot of complaint on slow connection when compare to their mobile phone. Given one of the trick to combat interference is attenuation, we just have to take the punch when we put audio performance at top priority.

Jan 23, 2020 at 5:31 PM Post #3,533 of 8,191

Adding wireless to DAP indeed will introduce interference, BT is not that significant, WiFi is the tough part. General users probably has no idea on the short-term brust of interference when a WiFi device is trying to make a connection. We learned to deal with the wireless interference back in 2016 when we develop the i5 DAP, we even scraped a complete production lot because of that. We couldn't eliminate interference completely, we only shift the interference frequency to a less noticeable range and attenuate it to an inaudible level. So far, we don't receive any confirmed case of wireless interference from users, but we do receive a lot of complaint on slow connection when compare to their mobile phone. Given one of the trick to combat interference is attenuation, we just have to take the punch when we put audio performance at top priority.

Thanks a lot for this, very interesting.

Jan 23, 2020 at 5:32 PM Post #3,534 of 8,191
Thanks a lot for this, very interesting.
Also, none of the DAPs i've ever owned has better signal than my phone or laptop.

Jan 23, 2020 at 6:09 PM Post #3,536 of 8,191

Thanks a lot for the info.

Jan 23, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #3,537 of 8,191

I cant remember where I found that info. But thats actually a quote to quote words said by cayin them selfs.
They did evolve over time and thats a good sign of a company taking there stuff seriously. So I am reassured that they do there best to make our experience the best.

There is still things like this that can happen and its very costly

Jan 23, 2020 at 6:52 PM Post #3,538 of 8,191
Even with the weak WiFi and signal drop (my issue), I’m still quite happy with the N6ii.

such a great combo, N6ii + T01 + Dita Dream + Satin Audio Athena

Uzuev9b.jpg

Jan 23, 2020 at 8:22 PM Post #3,539 of 8,191
Even with the weak WiFi and signal drop (my issue), I’m still quite happy with the N6ii.

such a great combo, N6ii + T01 + Dita Dream + Satin Audio Athena

Uzuev9b.jpg

A nice looking n6 :k701smile:

I see you still have that soft tpu screen protector hehe.

U got the temper glass in the boxes. I would use that one instead:darthsmile:

Jan 23, 2020 at 8:45 PM Post #3,540 of 8,191
A nice looking n6 :k701smile:

I see you still have that soft tpu screen protector hehe.

U got the temper glass in the boxes. I would use that one instead:darthsmile:
Never even bothered changing the screen protector. Just enjoying the music instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back