Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Jan 21, 2020 at 9:03 PM Post #3,511 of 8,191
Here is my detailed take on E01 module. Enjoy the read!

cayin_n6ii_e01-08.jpg

Jan 21, 2020 at 9:42 PM Post #3,514 of 8,191
I miss the cowon PL in the comparisons :frowning2:

PL battery is fully drained, will have to charge it up and update the fw; sorry, haven't used it in a while...

Jan 21, 2020 at 10:04 PM Post #3,517 of 8,191
Great review, shouldn’t have read it. Now I want to demo it after hearing your M5 thoughts with the combo.

Are you coming to CanJam NYC? Would be a great opportunity to test everything since I believe Musicteck will have it at their table.

Btw, a real secret sauce to make the best of M5 (if you have universals) are the new Symbio orange foam eartips. Not sure if they are for sale yet, probably soon. These new all foam tips make universal M5 sound like custom without the usual "foam" sound artifacts.

E01_N6ii_M5_symbio.jpg

Jan 21, 2020 at 10:07 PM Post #3,518 of 8,191
Sold mine meanwhile , but know the sound .. same dac and so on ... would be interesting :p but otherwise nice review as always :)

The same DAC, true, but Class A/AB discrete amp section what's going to make N6ii/E01 stand out.

Jan 21, 2020 at 10:13 PM Post #3,519 of 8,191
Jan 21, 2020 at 10:16 PM Post #3,520 of 8,191
Are you coming to CanJam NYC? Would be a great opportunity to test everything since I believe Musicteck will have it at their table.

Btw, a real secret sauce to make the best of M5 (if you have universals) are the new Symbio orange foam eartips. Not sure if they are for sale yet, probably soon. These new all foam tips make universal M5 sound like custom without the usual "foam" sound artifacts.

Any chance for a comparison of the Colorfly U6 with the N6ii, Lotoo 6000? : )

Jan 21, 2020 at 10:17 PM Post #3,521 of 8,191

nope unfortunately I can’t go to canjam NYC. I have the custom M5, i did love the regular symbio w’s with the universal ones but i find the custom M5’s signature to be quite similar to that pair.

Jan 22, 2020 at 3:05 AM Post #3,523 of 8,191
Here is my detailed take on E01 module. Enjoy the read!

Thanks for the review Twister6. :thumbsup:

I agree with your findings for class A vs class AB too, I happened to be listening to Massive Attack's Risingson from the Mezzanine album while I was reading I checked and yes you are right. :)

I don't usually do these types of comparisons because I don't have the audio memory between swapping setups but the swap from A-AB and back again is so quick that its like a night and day change.

Jan 22, 2020 at 8:45 PM Post #3,524 of 8,191
Hi all, I've been using my new N6ii for about a week, so far so good but I notice the WiFi reception is weaker than in my phone and laptop... is that normal???

I can't even use it for streaming in one of my work locations, but I'm able to use tidal from my phone and Laptop in the same location.

Also sometimes it suddenly stops playing when streaming...

Thanks

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2020 at 5:05 AM Post #3,525 of 8,191
Hi all, I've been using my new N6ii for about a week, so far so good but I notice the WiFi reception is weaker than in my phone and laptop... is that normal???

I can't even use it for streaming in one of my work locations, but I'm able to use tidal from my phone and Laptop in the same location.

Also sometimes it suddenly stops playing when streaming...

Thanks

I also have the same issue, and it's frustrating. Can this be fixed with a firmware update? Overall I am extremely pleased with the N6ii, but those little WiFi dropouts are annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back