Cayin N6 - New Audiophile DAP (Updated with new pics)
Oct 9, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #31 of 166
I was very suprised but also very pleased to see the information of our CAYIN new product DAP N6 here. In fact, we just only released some news of it in China. 

The happy thing is that I saw some C5 users' ID in this post. I thought maybe the comprehensive quality and performance of C5 which makes everyone are expecting the next new product of CAYIN. What I want to say is that we will not live up to these expectations and we will try our best to achieve the desired and expected sound you want. That is why the circuit diagram of N6 is so complex and that is the root reason why we spent so much on it. 

Finally, thanks very much for all the concerned person. Thank you. 

Salute to Hi-Fi    Barn you music

Oct 10, 2014 at 8:27 AM Post #36 of 166
Well, 300 bucks would be a sweet price but it is highly unlikely. Given its hardware it would be wishful thinking to expect it to be cheaper than X5 and dx90. On the contrary, it would most certainly be more expensive than both. Of course, I would not mind being wrong but I doubt it.

Oct 10, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #38 of 166
My guess (and hope), probably a bit north or around $500.  With premium accessories, who knows, it could get close to $600.

Oct 11, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #41 of 166
There is no reason though, cayin audio is NOT new in its intended market (e.g china) , and they have been known to actually make high end expensive equipment. I mean calyx can do it, colorfy also do it

Oct 11, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #42 of 166
  There is no reason though, cayin audio is NOT new in its intended market (e.g china) , and they have been known to actually make high end expensive equipment. I mean calyx can do it, colorfy also do it

I agree, they're pretty well known for their high end stuff in Europe as well. That being said the extreme value the C5 offers makes me curious about the pricing for the N6......

Oct 11, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #43 of 166
there are actually two cayins, i dunno if they are both the same
there is the chinesse cayin and what look like a german cayin

en.cayin.cn is the chinesse one
cayin.com is the german one

Oct 11, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #44 of 166
there are actually two cayins, i dunno if they are both the same
there is the chinesse cayin and what look like a german cayin

en.cayin.cn is the chinesse one
cayin.com is the german one

The logo's are identical so my guess is that they're the same. Maybe they got an importer for Europe in Germany?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back