Cayin N5ii output to car stereos usb a port
May 8, 2018 at 11:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

cjoh242

New Head-Fier
I’m About to purchase a Cayin N5ii and I am wanting to connect it to my car stereo via the aux usb A port. I believe the Cayin N5ii has a USB C output on the bottom ( please correct me if I’m wrong). Can I do this or is my only option to connect it via 3.5 jack? Thanks in advance.

May 9, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #2 of 3
I’m About to purchase a Cayin N5ii and I am wanting to connect it to my car stereo via the aux usb A port. I believe the Cayin N5ii has a USB C output on the bottom ( please correct me if I’m wrong). Can I do this or is my only option to connect it via 3.5 jack? Thanks in advance.
The port on the car stereo is a host port for a USB stick or card reader. It might see your Cayin as a storage drive and be able to play files from it. The Cayin will behave as if connected to a PC (data transfer mode). It won't play to or see the car stereo as a DAC.

May 9, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #3 of 3
So if I understand you correctly I will only be able to connect to it via the 3.5mm out into the 3.5mm on the stereo. What is the best 3.5mm cable I can buy to get the best sound quality from the Cayin?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back