Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Dec 20, 2019 at 12:27 AM Post #3,996 of 4,108
Hi, which browser you people use? Suggest any fast browser, suitable for slow 5.1 Android in N5ii.

I used Via and Opera Mini on my N5iiS, works OK for emergency need. I didn't remember how fluent they were with N5ii.

If you are searching for APK, might as well install the APKPure directly, works much faster then going through a browser.
https://apkpure.com/apkpure/com.apkpure.aegon

The N5ii only has 1GM RAM and a pretty low power CPU, definitely not adequate if you want to use it as a general purpose Android device in 2019, its pretty much designed for one single application and that is music playback, even video and games are not in our agenda when we selected the solution (late 2016 if I remember it right)

Battery life sucks, 4 hours at most on full charge.

Perform a battery gauge calibration, check HERE for instruction and explanation.

If this doesn't work, then the battery of your N5ii is not in a reasonable condition, you better contact your seller if you purchase this unit only recently.

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jan 16, 2020 at 12:44 PM Post #3,997 of 4,108
So for whatever reason, my N5iiS wouldn't boot up at all today :/ Despite multiple tries, it was always whether just showing the 1st 'Cayin' static logo, or displaying the following animated Cayin logo plus the 'Never be the same again' but it seemed to freeze right after and never went past that point (i waited more than 5 mn at some of my numerous tries).

I had no other solution than performing a double wipe, but i'm still stucked as i keep having this much-irritating message 'unfortunately google services framework has stopped'

I remember having this old issue in the past, so i thought that upgrading to the latest firmware might fix this (as the double wipe obvioulsy must have restored fw to its original version).

Now the issue was that it was really painful achieving this because the annoying message was never stopping at all and keeps pop-up every second !!! So i was always having just like 1 sec or less for trying to operate the device (note that at this stage, it still hadn't finished the initial country / time set up). Now don't ask me how, but after multiple & multiple attempts, i finally could achieve the initial config + could also enable USB for uploading the firmware to the device (it wouldn't find the fw on TF cards when trying to upgrade from external storage). And i finally could launch the firmware upgrade which succeded !

BUT, i still have the same issue where the google message never stops from appearing every second :frowning2:

I cannot acccess any menu as i don't have the time to access these.

If anybody can help, i would greatly appreciate...

poke @Andykong

edit : i've been looking back for this previous google error we all had in this thread around december 2018 and noticed that the error msg wasn't exactly the same ('google play services' previously vs 'google services framework' now). Also i remember that when i had it, i think the message was displaying every 10 or 20 seconds (so that i could operate menus in between), but now i'm really kinda desperate as i only have 0.5 / 1 sec for trying to operate menus before the error comes back ! I could setup wifi and tried reaching the Play Store but the Play Store keeps saying 'checking info' forever (with still the google error message keeping to pop up). So i still couldn't enter my google account info. I also tried another 'Wipe cache partition' but the error message is still always here :/

Also note that my unit is 13 months old so i guess my warranty has expired, but i can't help thinking there could not be any software fix / trick (instead of returning unit) for solving the issue. I must say this forever error message which quite dosen't let me doing anything is driving me so mad that i'm doing so many efforts in retaining myself from hardly throwing the unit against a wall !

Again, any help appreciated...

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2020 at 9:54 PM Post #4,000 of 4,108
Latest one afaik : 1.7en

If possible you try to sideload the latest version of gapps (micro maybe) for the android version on n5iis. I don't remember which version it is though.

Jan 18, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #4,001 of 4,108
If possible you try to sideload the latest version of gapps (micro maybe) for the android version on n5iis. I don't remember which version it is though.

Thanks for your reply,

Looks like Gapps is another launcher ? But would it still let me access Cayin Audio native app afterwards ?

Also, i'm adding a video displaying how the constant issue makes the unit very difficult to operate. So sideloading an app through apk might not be really easy for me. Even just connecting the device to a computer through USB isn't that easy because each time you connect it, the android usb share needs a few validations that are quite long to reach on my end, still due to the persistent pop up Google error :///

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #4,002 of 4,108
I hope you resolve these issues. I sure wish I could have figured out a way to use Amazon HD Android on the unit but never got it to function properly.

I have consigned my unit to home use and purchased another device for portable use with Amazon HD. A great sounding unit that never lived up to its promise.

Jan 19, 2020 at 1:21 PM Post #4,003 of 4,108
I definitely wish i can resolve this issue too. I chose this quite-high-end product thinking it might be reliable but i'm rather disppointed experiencing this issue after only 13 months (of not much intensive usage btw. I had some months where i didn't use it at all, and never used it each day, but rather a few times per week). I sent a mail to Cayin support but their only reply so far was to downgrade to fw version 1.4en which didn't solve the issue.

Now, i'm stuck with this 550 bucks brick which keeps telling me that F$!*ing google services framework stopped without letting me quite doing quite anything else.

Man, i can't tell how much i wish someone could tell me how to get rid of this error !

Too bad also that it cannot support Amazon HD app. I don't use mine for streaming, but i understand how frustrating it can be if i wanted to. I think i read in the past that the lack of Amazon HD support was somehow rather due to software limit.

Jan 20, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #4,004 of 4,108
Hi! Can anyone please tell me, has the problem with weak ports been fixed in the N5iis stainless steel version? Looking for a new DAP and I like this one but I really don't wanna spend about $300 and get loose ports after several months of use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back