Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Oct 27, 2019 at 12:22 AM Post #3,961 of 4,108
I do wish I can use this with my iPhone as a DAQ. But apparently there are known bugs with the DAC function.

I know Tidal has been a big deal for many. In my case, its going to support with Amazon HD. Would love to know if any units support that.
It works fine as a dac for me. Just hate the delay so I don't use it much.

I don't stream music as well so I wouldn't know about that. There has been talk about streaming amazon HD on the DX160 thread recently if you're interested.

Oct 28, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #3,963 of 4,108
I do wish I can use this with my iPhone as a DAC. But apparently there are known bugs with the DAC function.

I know Tidal has been a big deal for many. In my case, I would like support for Amazon HD. Would love to know if any units support that since Cayin has been clear that they will not support anything new on the N5II; its a dead unit for them.
Hi, I am getting a used n5ii for my Hd58x. Is there any issues using tidal on it? Also can it drive high impedance cans like upto 300 ohms?

Oct 28, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #3,964 of 4,108
I don't use Tidal but I gather you can download to the internal memory but not the SD cards. Maybe somebody else can chime in. Unfortunately it looks like Amazon HD is a no go.

I have used Sirius XM on the unit and it sounded okay. I think the wifi is somewhat limited on the unit.

Oct 30, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #3,965 of 4,108
Anybody having Tidal issues since the 10/25 update? I cant get past the login screen. I enter my use but the "continue" remains gray. I have uninstalled and reinstalled yet same issue. I cleared Play Store Cache as well.

Thanks

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2019 at 11:11 PM Post #3,966 of 4,108
Anybody used third party audio apps with the N5II? I am wondering if any of them might help out in using the N5II as a DAC for my iphone.
Right now I get huge diginoise when trying to do that though you can sort of hear the music in the noise. So it seems to be trying to work but something is getting in the way.

Oct 31, 2019 at 4:09 AM Post #3,967 of 4,108
@seanwee
Glad you find your upgrade...
Mine N5ii already changing owner...before It made to the owner I listened last time... It was good DAP, I remember why I choose this for a sensitive IEM..

so when you use DX160, I just want to emphasized on Upper Mid and Treble, how do you compare to N5ii ?? just want to know ur opinion

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2019 at 4:14 AM Post #3,968 of 4,108
@seanwee
Glad you find your upgrade...
Mine N5ii already changing owner...before It made to the owner I listened last time... It was good DAP, I remember when I choosed this for a sensitive IEM..

so when you use DX160, I just want to emphasized on Upper Mid and Treble, how do you compare to N5ii ?? just want to know ur opinion
In a word, refined.

The highs are presented in a more delicate way. In comparison the treble on the N5ii felt coarse and harsher but maybe thats because the N5ii has a more forward presentation. It also helps that the DX160 was airier.

Oct 31, 2019 at 4:22 AM Post #3,969 of 4,108
In a word, refined.

The highs are presented in a more delicate way. In comparison the treble on the N5ii felt coarse and harsher but maybe thats because the N5ii has a more forward presentation. It also helps that the DX160 was airier.
Noted... Tq...

I move on to craved the missing upper Mid... Clarity...
But still compare to my current DAP, N5ii still manage Background Hiss better... and also better Mid Bass...
And the best grip for my short finger... hehehe

Again, TQ...

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2019 at 4:29 AM Post #3,970 of 4,108
Noted... Tq...

I move on to craved the missing upper Mid... Clarity...
But still compare to my current DAP, N5ii still manage Background Hiss better... and also better Mid Bass...
And the best grip from my short finger... hehehe

Again, TQ...
You moved onto the DX221 right?

Oct 31, 2019 at 5:19 AM Post #3,972 of 4,108
Yap...
I bought DX220 with AMP1mk2 and AMP8..
tried 3 weeks AMP8, not my cup of tea. Sold it
AMP1Mk2 on the other hand is more on my ear taste...
Yeah the amp 8 is warm.

Btw, the bass on the DX160 extends deeper than the DX221 and with more authority too. The treble is slightly brighter on the DX221.

Oct 31, 2019 at 5:34 AM Post #3,974 of 4,108
Yeah the amp 8 is warm.

Btw, the bass on the DX160 extends deeper than the DX221 and with more authority too. The treble is slightly brighter on the DX221.
For me, AMP8 is to focus on Bass, and somehow over shade some of the Mid.

Do burn in Affecting when DX160 out of the box ?

Hmm.. this interest me... I missed the pre order locally. and I saw a lot of post of new user here... so far I read all good response...
One thing that catch me like your post, is the power at 4.4 is more then AMP8... which a bold statement from some one who have DX200, DX220 with AMP8...

edit: since the new FW ibasso DX220, yes, the bass become tight, and somehow the sound sig is nearer to AK... previous FW, the bass (mid Bass) got more textures... but to be fair, the new FW also give extension to the Upper mid and also upper Treble, make it more spark and feel greater Soundstage (holographic)... which is not my favorite update...

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2019 at 5:45 AM Post #3,975 of 4,108
For me, AMP8 is to focus on Bass, and somehow over shade some of the Mid.

Do burn in Affecting when DX160 out of the box ?

Hmm.. this interest me... I missed the pre order locally. and I saw a lot of post of new user here... so far I read all good response...
One thing that catch me like your post, is the power at 4.4 is more then AMP8... which a bold statement from some one who have DX200, DX220 with AMP8...
I'm not sure about the exact details but it's possible the amp module design limits the maximum amount of power the amp module can have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back