Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Dec 26, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #558 of 4,108
You missed the very important item (4), that is the most costly item in this list, system optimization is not eye candy, but it is the bread and butter. :beerchug:

Right on!!! That was my first feedback to Andy, once I loaded fw2.1en, I noticed right away a faster N5ii performance (response of GUI).

Dec 26, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #559 of 4,108
Just loaded 2.1, and the balanced out is much much better than the single ended to my ears. More to come but I’m much happier than I was initially.

Dec 26, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #561 of 4,108
Okay, balanced with an Ares II cable and this little DAP actually sounds quite good. Going to do a pretty through A/B compared to Mojo once I’m done traveling for the Holidays.

Dec 26, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #563 of 4,108
Hello Cayin, what App Store is installed on the Chinese FW? Can we side load it on the English version because I like to use some Chinese music app like QQ, Xiami and others which offer more selection of Asian music than Spotify. Thanks

Are you using v2.0CN firmware right now? or do you want to install QQ and Xiami music app on v2.1EN firmware?

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 27, 2017 at 8:48 AM Post #565 of 4,108
Are you using v2.0CN firmware right now? or do you want to install QQ and Xiami music app on v2.1EN firmware?

Hi, thanks for your response sir Andy. I'm currently using v1.1en, and had side load QQ and Xiami, but these apps frequently crashed. I'm curious if there is any app store loaded in the N5ii Chinese version like those Xiaomi mobile phones' Mi app store in place of Google Play which can download Chinese apps that maybe much more compatible with the dap. And also I like to browse thru the app store from time to time to discover more music apps.

Dec 27, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #566 of 4,108
Hi, thanks for your response sir Andy. I'm currently using v1.1en, and had side load QQ and Xiami, but these apps frequently crashed. I'm curious if there is any app store loaded in the N5ii Chinese version like those Xiaomi mobile phones' Mi app store in place of Google Play which can download Chinese apps that maybe much more compatible with the dap. And also I like to browse thru the app store from time to time to discover more music apps.

I don't recall we have App Store pre-installed in CN version firmware, I'll check that out for you.

The QQ Music are quite popular and a lot of N5ii users in China has installed this app and it is working fairly stable. The situation is, if N5ii cannot work with QQ Music in China, it'll be like claiming N5ii support streaming but Spotify will crash frequently - we'll run into serious trouble in no time.

However I am not sure if the app is fully functional outside China. Plesae be remind that some streaming app are operated within certain geographic area only because their music license are not global based.

Dec 27, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #567 of 4,108
HeadFonia 2017 award.jpg

2017 Best Portable Player (Best Value): Cayin N5ii

The best value DAP to no surprise is the full Android Cayin N5ii. The second revision of the N5 DAP is fully customizable, extremely versatile, perfectly built and it sounds incredible for its price. How could it not get an award? The AK70II did make it to our offices before the end of the year but we won’t be able to cover it this year on HFN anymore. Next year it might be the AK70II vs the Cayin N6ii, or who knows what the competition will come up with
Lieven @ headfonia.com

Please click below for more detail:

The 2017 Headfonia Award Winner
REVIEW: CAYIN N5II – THE KILLER

Last edited:

Dec 27, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #568 of 4,108

2017 Best Portable Player (Best Value): Cayin N5ii

The best value DAP to no surprise is the full Android Cayin N5ii. The second revision of the N5 DAP is fully customizable, extremely versatile, perfectly built and it sounds incredible for its price. How could it not get an award? The AK70II did make it to our offices before the end of the year but we won’t be able to cover it this year on HFN anymore. Next year it might be the AK70II vs the Cayin N6ii, or who knows what the competition will come up with
Lieven @ headfonia.com

Please click below for more detail:

The 2017 Headfonia Award Winner
REVIEW: CAYIN N5II – THE KILLER

Dec 27, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #569 of 4,108
Yay!! "Sir" Andy :beerchug: :ksc75smile:

Dec 27, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #570 of 4,108
I was able to install the new firmware very easily using the manual internal storage method, and the interface is much faster, thanks! I can also report when using my iphone as a source (with the new lightning adapter that splits power and data) and the Cayin as a DAC/headamp in DAC mode, I'm getting static with the music. I tested it with headphones through the 3.5mm HO. Is this normal until a future firmware update, or is it something to do with my setup?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back