1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by PinkyPowers, Oct 14, 2017.
First

Back
231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240
242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251
Next

Last
  1. seanwee
    Sorry but I didn't test apps on the N5iiS:sweat_smile:

2. seanwee
    You need to go into developer options to change the animation scales to 0.5

3. robotncc
    Yes, It’s still can be use as normal

4. seanwee
    This is very interesting. Never thought of doing that.

So the Cayin audio app is the culprit behind poor performance?

5. upsguys88
    How do I get there on the player?

6. robotncc
    I don't judge but I saw it run faster, you never see the message "Cayin Audio is not responding" and after close it, you get the white screen and can not do anything else except restart the DAP :p

You can also use the Cayin Audio like a normal app, but when you click and hold home button it will back to Nova.

seanwee likes this.
  7. seanwee
    Go into the android settings, go to the very bottom and press about phone. From there, tap product version until it says you are a developer.

Go back to settings and you will see developer options. In developer options, scroll down untill you see window animation scale, transition animation scale and animator duration scale.

The fastest option without disabling animations entirely is to set window and transition animation scale to x0 and animator duration scale to x0.5

8. Pete7
    How common are pixilation issues with the N5ii? It's just a very small area that I just noticed on mine, which is tolerable. But I'm curious if it's going to get worse.

9. seanwee
    Can you take a picture?

10. Pete7
    I should have done that first. It's directly underneath the W. 0307192306.jpg

11. seanwee
    That's pretty glaring. I'm surprised you didn't notice it until now XD

I'd RMA the unit

12. Pete7
    I've already had an Opus 1S sent to Korea for the battery issue via Music Teck. I'm supposedly getting a new unit but the return date is unknown at this time, which sucks. It's going to have to wait. And it looks glaring, but I had to search for an album cover that the pixilation could even be picked up by my phone camera.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  13. upsguys88
    How did you get Hiby app to work? I try and scan files and it keeps quitting

14. Pete7
    That's exactly what happened to me. The Hiby app scanned all my files, then stopped working. I attempted the scan 6 times.

15. seanwee
    I tried it. Its actually a little bit slower. It just feels faster due to nova animations which are x0.77 speed.

Still, i like it.

BTW, you can quickly enter the Cayin Audio app by holding down the pause/play button.

robotncc likes this.
First

Back
231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240
242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251
Next

Last