Cayin N3Pro DAP: Dual AK4493 and MQA with Vacuum Tube
Apr 29, 2022 at 4:02 PM Post #2,357 of 2,511
Searched the thread and couldn't find the answer.

Not a dealbreaker by any means, but I just wanted to clarify if MQA is supposed to supported through Android? Tried connecting N3Pro to NW-A105 and while UAPP recognized it as USB DAC it didn't recognize it as MQA capable although MQA Passthrough is enabled in UAPP settings. Tidal app also didn't recognize N3Pro as USB DAC at all.

May 21, 2022 at 8:59 PM Post #2,358 of 2,511
@Andykong has there been a fix for the mold like thing growning in the display? Looked at my n8 and it has them as well albeit very small.

Jun 3, 2022 at 7:46 AM Post #2,359 of 2,511
Does N3Pro have any equalizer options?

Jun 3, 2022 at 10:54 AM Post #2,360 of 2,511
Does N3Pro have any equalizer options?
If its similar to the n8, yes it should have one but its not parametric (if its the same)

Jun 23, 2022 at 10:24 AM Post #2,364 of 2,511
¿Has anyone found any custom rom or any way to modify the latest update? I am interested in knowing if there are options to get more potential from dap without resorting to a hardware modification
Unless theres someon like MrWalkman in our side i doubt there will (But maybe there are some on the chinese side of the community as the whole firmware modding was the product of chinese tinkerers doing some funky stuff on their wm1a/z). Brings back memories when i had the wm1a and the countless sleepless nights i went through to fine tune its signature. It was a fun time but these days i want to just listen to the dap in its unaltered state.

Jul 2, 2022 at 12:46 AM Post #2,365 of 2,511
It does get more energetic in the highs with burn in. I’ve got about 70 to 80 hours on mine and it's sound has opened up a bit and the bass has tightened up a bit.

The SS outputs I would consider similar to opus 1, or hiby r6 as neutralish with a touch of warmth. Although the treble to me is more extended than r6. The tri mode is warm, and the ul mode less so.

I have warmish iems and the ul mode has plenty of treble energy and detail. The 4.4 is better than it was on unboxing but still has the most bass energy to me. Its not calyx m warm or wmz1 warm. How many hours do you have on it?

And it is a touch warmer in SS than say ibasso dx220 stock or cayin n5ii, or wm1a.
How does it compare to calyxm?

Jul 2, 2022 at 6:37 PM Post #2,366 of 2,511
Hello,

I update my cayin n3 pro from the Local Upgrade Procedure.
Now my dap shows the firmware 2.3 has it should, but if I try the OTA option there still a message that shows new version available but nothing is showing to download, just an error.
So is the 2.3 the last version? And why OTA option still shows, new version available.
Thanks in advanced!

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2022 at 8:07 PM Post #2,368 of 2,511
Hola,

O actualice mi cayin n3 pro desde el procedimiento de actualización local.
Ahora mi dap muestra que el firmware 2.3 tiene lo que debería, pero si pruebo la opción OTA todavía hay un mensaje que muestra una nueva versión disponible pero no se muestra nada para descargar, solo un error.
Entonces, ¿la 2.3 es la última versión? Y por qué todavía se muestra la opción OTA, nueva versión disponible.
¡Gracias de antemano!
this "bug" is normal you can install it via ota so that it does not appear or leave it there, it does not affect anything. Currently that is the latest version and I doubt they will release another. if they do that they fix the equalizer problem.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back