Cayin N3Pro DAP: Dual AK4493 and MQA with Vacuum Tube
Jul 6, 2021 at 7:46 AM Post #2,176 of 2,517
Thank you @Andykong . Can you please confirm if there's no account login issue with n6ii like what reported with fiio? Means we can install apple music but cannot login to our apple account. Appreciate the trouble

You should raise this question in N6ii thread instead of N3Pro thread. Some users has tried Apple music with N6ii already, they should be able to share their first hand experience with you.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jul 14, 2021 at 7:33 AM Post #2,177 of 2,517
Everytime i listen to the n3pro (tube/triode) i am impressed, it produces the most emotional and musical presentation i have heard from a portable setup, i use variously hd25 alu (modified custom cans), meze 99 (small pads, silver cable) and er3xr all of which synergise well. The sound may not be the last word in data retrieval or high-end qualities but it is extremely rewarding and gets to the heart of the music.

Jul 14, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #2,178 of 2,517
Everytime i listen to the n3pro (tube/triode) i am impressed, it produces the most emotional and musical presentation i have heard from a portable setup, i use variously hd25 alu (modified custom cans), meze 99 (small pads, silver cable) and er3xr all of which synergise well. The sound may not be the last word in data retrieval or high-end qualities but it is extremely rewarding and gets to the heart of the music.
Word!

Jul 17, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #2,179 of 2,517
I just bought the N3pro and think I may have a problem with the vacuum tube setting. I'm hearing a high pitched noise being emitted through my headphones while using the tube setting but disappears when I listen via solid state. Best way to describe the noise is that of a tone test a doctor might give.

wondering if this is supposed to be normal behavior of the device?

Jul 18, 2021 at 5:53 AM Post #2,180 of 2,517
Just lately I have been using my N3PRO with an external amp. Fiio Q3 in particular and the sound is just so airy giving excellent clarity to the mids. Bass is just as tight sounding too.

Jul 21, 2021 at 7:13 AM Post #2,181 of 2,517
I just bought the N3pro and think I may have a problem with the vacuum tube setting. I'm hearing a high pitched noise being emitted through my headphones while using the tube setting but disappears when I listen via solid state. Best way to describe the noise is that of a tone test a doctor might give.

Sounds like tube ringing.

Jul 23, 2021 at 2:08 AM Post #2,182 of 2,517
Picked up the iBasso IT01x today and it‘s a great pair with the N3 Pro in triode mode. This is pretty much my litmus test for most IEMs these days.

Jul 27, 2021 at 5:55 AM Post #2,184 of 2,517
Is it possible to download the usb driver from another source as the cayin site keeps getting refused by my mcafee anti-virus software?

Similarly the firmware updates?

thanks

d

You can download the USB driver from Google drive HERE.

We have included the Google Drive link in our announcement, unfortunately our web service provider disappeared and the security certificate of current site is expired. That's why you have received alert. We are in the process of rebuild the website with a new service provider, but it probably will take a while. The COVID has slow down everything.

1627360513598.png

Jul 28, 2021 at 5:11 AM Post #2,185 of 2,517
@laxlife1234: Might be a dumb guess, but I had a similar effect after carelessly placing the player beside my Samsung Galaxy Tablet, which has a rather strong magnet at one side to keep the stylus/pen attached. After moving the player away and switching to solid state and back to tube the noise (like a sine wave test tone) went away for good.
IMHO, the solid state part might be resistant and well shielded against radiation/magnetic fields etc, but the tubes are definitely not (as you can see them thru the small window).

Jul 29, 2021 at 7:02 AM Post #2,186 of 2,517

Sorry, I missed your question.
This doesn't sound normal to me. If this is regular tube ringing for whatever reason, the noise should quiet down after 10 second to 1 minute, depends on the reason that trigger the tube ringing. If the high pitch noise remain all the time, this is not normal.

If you haven't solve the problem already, please contact the shop that sell the N3Pro to you and arrange inspection or warranty service.

Jul 30, 2021 at 8:53 PM Post #2,187 of 2,517
@laxlife1234: Might be a dumb guess, but I had a similar effect after carelessly placing the player beside my Samsung Galaxy Tablet, which has a rather strong magnet at one side to keep the stylus/pen attached. After moving the player away and switching to solid state and back to tube the noise (like a sine wave test tone) went away for good.
IMHO, the solid state part might be resistant and well shielded against radiation/magnetic fields etc, but the tubes are definitely not (as you can see them thru the small window).

I wound up exchanging it. Not sure the issue, but the new one sounds amazing and no issues at all!

Sorry, I missed your question.
This doesn't sound normal to me. If this is regular tube ringing for whatever reason, the noise should quiet down after 10 second to 1 minute, depends on the reason that trigger the tube ringing. If the high pitch noise remain all the time, this is not normal.

If you haven't solve the problem already, please contact the shop that sell the N3Pro to you and arrange inspection or warranty service.

No problem! I wound up exchanging it. The new unit doesn't have ringing--was strange how much ringing the unit had prior to exchanging. Anyways, it sounds amazing, really happy with my purchase. Thanks for the reply!

Aug 5, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #2,188 of 2,517
Received treat in the mail this morning and couldn't wait to get it out of the box an into my hands. In the process I may have discovered another of the all time great synergistic pairings of my audio career. Ladies (as if there are any lol) and gentlemen the Cayin N3Pro (thanks to characteristic impeccable service from Andrew & @MusicTeck) and Oriolus Reborn...

First of all see that nice tubey glow in the bottom half of the player? That my friends is practically worth the price of admission alone. The Reborn, as you may recall, is an IEM that I feel needs a little EQ through the M8 to tame the upper mids a wee bit and flesh out the midbass. Not so through the N3Pro in ultra linear tube mode...as soon as the first few bars were through I knew I was onto something special. The warm tubey goodness of the N3Pro is the perfect match for the occasionally strident tonality of the Reborn. The sound is naturally smoothed out and the bass given just a touch of added body. It's oh so enticing....

In the process this hammered home for me the utter importance of sources and synergy with IEMs-- and it's also made me think twice about my little rating schema from yesterday. The Reborn through the N3Pro is definitely a few points higher on my mid-bass, tonality & coherence scales than it is through the M8. In any case I'm a very happy camper right now and I can't wait to try the N3Pro through my other IEMs.

Aug 9, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #2,189 of 2,517
@Andykong I just bought a True Wireless IEM Sony 1000xm4 and think I may have a problem with bluetooth connection, specifically with the ldac codec. I set up Cayin N3pro to use either : LDAC SOUND PRIORITY OR LDAC CONNECTION PRIORITY but I must have my earphones within 1.5m of distance always. If i put it on my pockets i lose connection.
Can you help me with this?

Aug 16, 2021 at 12:10 PM Post #2,190 of 2,517
Hi, I am still enjoying my N3 Pro bigly.

How do I change the background image? There's a selector in the System Settings menu, I've copied a 200x200 pixel JPEG image into the pictures folder but I'm getting a No applicable photo error.
What am I doing wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back