Cayin N3Pro DAP: Dual AK4493 and MQA with Vacuum Tube
Feb 1, 2021 at 1:30 AM Post #1,951 of 2,515
May I ask three stupid questions.

1. Can I charge N3Pro while playing music?
2. Can I switch TR and UL mode while playing music?
3. Which one is better. Connect N3Pro to notebook to transfer files. Transfer files directly from notebook to SD card?

I will get mine tomorrow and I have no time to read 130 pages
1. Yes
2. Yes, TR, UL and SS but when switching from SS to TR/UL you'll need to wait 5 seconds for the tubes to warm up.
3. Notebook to SD is faster

Feb 1, 2021 at 1:56 AM Post #1,953 of 2,515
That is a pity. But thank you for your answer. Could you recommend a mobile DAC/AMP? I donˋt have the space for anything else.
Thank you.
I'm the wrong person to ask. You can try asking in the HD800S thread though.

Feb 1, 2021 at 4:06 AM Post #1,954 of 2,515
May I ask three stupid questions.

1. Can I charge N3Pro while playing music?
2. Can I switch TR and UL mode while playing music?
3. Which one is better. Connect N3Pro to notebook to transfer files. Transfer files directly from notebook to SD card?

I will get mine tomorrow and I have no time to read 130 pages

N3Pro only support USB 2.0 data transfer, you can get a USB3.1 TF card reader at very low cost, plug to your computer and achieve 2x to 3x faster data transfer.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Feb 1, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #1,955 of 2,515
I understand your need to get your DAP out to the masses, but when the first thing a review states is:

" Disclaimer: The Cayin N3Pro was sent to us by Cayin directly, in exchange for our honest opinion. The unit doesn’t need to be returned."

I move on and don't bother reading any further
Same here . Plenty of "honest opinions" out there.

Feb 2, 2021 at 8:15 AM Post #1,957 of 2,515
@Philip Ha we have rectified the OGG problem you raised, please verify if this works fine with your OGG files.
@hemtmaker @powergeek @seanwee since you have reported system freeze up when browsing through folder hierarchy with 5 levels or more (well, seanwee never explain his problem clearly so I can only assume his problem is related to folder level based on his complain), can you please verify whether the new firmware have solved y our problem?

The folder level problem were first reported by hemtmaker on 11 September, we need to enhance our file management coding at lower level programming before we can resolve the problem (hopefully). It is not exactly a bug but system optimisation, so it take a lot longer and we have to test it thoroughly, making sure it won't affect other existing function because low level file management were involved in many routines and features.
Thanks Andy. Confirming that my issues are gone! Cheers

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #1,958 of 2,515
Hoping someone can help me with a streaming issue. I want to use my Pioneer XDP-300 to stream Tidal to my n3pro. I would like to stream in LDAC quality but the n3pro will only play SBC. The settings for the n3pro have LDAC quality priority selected. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Feb 3, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #1,959 of 2,515
Hoping someone can help me with a streaming issue. I want to use my Pioneer XDP-300 to stream Tidal to my n3pro. I would like to stream in LDAC quality but the n3pro will only play SBC. The settings for the n3pro have LDAC quality priority selected. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Are you sure that LDAC is supported by the XDP-300?

Feb 3, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #1,960 of 2,515
Can you confirm Pioneer XDP-300 support LDAC?

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Feb 3, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #1,962 of 2,515
The Pioneer does not support LDAC. Thank you Andy and Baldock.

Since the LDAC driver was released by Sony, for Android 8/Oreo - depending on how "open" the OS is on your XDP-300, you might be able to add driver.
I know I was able to find & follow some directions on a website, and compile the extracted source code for the Mint Linux that I was running on an old Netbook several years ago.

Feb 4, 2021 at 6:13 AM Post #1,963 of 2,515
Just got my ER2XR today, it's my first Etymotic IEM. After burn it around 2 hours and paired with N3P, I would say it's the real deal!

The ER2XR bass quantity is less than Starfield, the bass feel tight, impactful and not muddy. That solve the thing that I complained about N3P not going well with fast bass attack song. Now I think the UL is suitable for all genres that I listen.
Snap, such a wicked combo.
20210204_110932.jpg

Feb 4, 2021 at 8:09 AM Post #1,964 of 2,515
I got mine two days ago. Already update firmware without problem
But it can't play SACD ISO files. All these SACD ISO files can played with all other players and DAC that I have. Any comment?

Feb 4, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #1,965 of 2,515
I got mine two days ago. Already update firmware without problem
But it can't play SACD ISO files. All these SACD ISO files can played with all other players and DAC that I have. Any comment?

haven't played any SACD ISOs since day one, and shipping firmware, but the ones I tried played. are any DTS encoded? I have a few that are encoded that way and can be difficult with some players

Users who are viewing this thread

Back