Cayin N3Pro DAP: Dual AK4493 and MQA with Vacuum Tube
Nov 14, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #1,621 of 2,515
I know my opinion was asked on this but I can’t help but share one—UL tube mode. I leave it on almost exclusively unless a particular iem isn’t tuned to suit it
Yeah most people like UL tube mode the best, i was just asking to see if @Audio-MCFly 's choice would be different considering their preferences.

Nov 15, 2020 at 12:46 AM Post #1,622 of 2,515
Screenshot_20201115-084310_Chrome.jpg
So I've been looking for a new DAP with MQA. Saw this on the MQA website yet the Cayin site doesn't say anything on the N3Pro being able to play MQA. Has anyone head about a firmware update adding this feature?

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2020 at 4:15 AM Post #1,623 of 2,515
We have been working with MQA as soon as we launch the player, we have passed the technical evaluation stage, hopefully we can release a new firmware to enable MQA by end of month, upon MQA's approval.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Nov 16, 2020 at 5:32 AM Post #1,624 of 2,515
Hi Andy,

Thank you for your prompt response. I didnt notice too details, but there are 02 occasions it happens with high frequence.

• The first is after 10 mins tube working, then I switch the volume wheel up/down, then freezed and reboot. Not depends on speed of rotate slow/fast.
  • Other is when playing music, then I edit Setting/Music Setting (EQ for example) then freeze.

Could you please help to check details video below:

I have the exact same issues. Using FW 1.2. MicroSD 1tb.

Nov 16, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #1,626 of 2,515
Same here. My dap froze after scroll down almost the end of playlist and then reboot. I hope next firmware will fix this.

I have made my own research through the forum and it seems that this is caused by the lenght of the names of the files and the folder hierarchy. Too many sub-levels can be a cause for crash. It still is a bug as other DAPs don't have this issue.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2020 at 12:09 PM Post #1,627 of 2,515
I have made my own research through the forum and it seems that this is caused by the lenght of the names of the files and the folder hierarchy. Too many sub-levels can be a cause for crash. It still is a bug as other DAPs don't have this issue.

Can you try to narrow this down? Like use an SD card with only a very limited amount of music with no lengthy names at all and does that remove the issue?

Nov 16, 2020 at 4:20 PM Post #1,628 of 2,515
I'm about to buy the N3 Pro, but something is holding me back.
It's a tough choice between this and the Shanling M5S. I want to pair it my Fiio FA9 IEMs and Fiio LC-RE cable. Opinions?
I've read here that albums arts of over 1000x1000 in resolution will not display (even on the play screen?). I've bought some music on acoustic sounds and the embedded art is 1500x1500. Does that mean it will never display? Will there be an update for this? The M5S, despite having the same screen resolution, can display album arts of far higher resolution than that.
Are volume wheel problems solved? Are they that frequent?

Nov 16, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #1,629 of 2,515
My N3pro has not once crashed, and I use it everyday. Folder hierarchy may be an issue re crashes. I’m peevish about subfolders and eliminate them whenever possible. I have next to zero of them over 300gb music.

Nov 17, 2020 at 5:28 AM Post #1,630 of 2,515
I'm about to buy the N3 Pro, but something is holding me back.
It's a tough choice between this and the Shanling M5S. I want to pair it my Fiio FA9 IEMs and Fiio LC-RE cable. Opinions?
I've read here that albums arts of over 1000x1000 in resolution will not display (even on the play screen?). I've bought some music on acoustic sounds and the embedded art is 1500x1500. Does that mean it will never display? Will there be an update for this? The M5S, despite having the same screen resolution, can display album arts of far higher resolution than that.
Are volume wheel problems solved? Are they that frequent?
Well I do have the wheel problem and I just bought it. So not solved...

Nov 17, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #1,631 of 2,515
I just encountered another annoying bug. If the device runs out of battery, you lost all the settings. Wifi, date, time. That's a lot of issues for such a little device. I am keeping it for now hoping that the next firmware will solve all this. Also when playing, if you do not touch anything, it keeps playing with a beautiful sound.

Nov 17, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #1,632 of 2,515
Same here. My dap froze after scroll down almost the end of playlist and then reboot. I hope next firmware will fix this.

After I test in many scenario.I've found that one playlist can carry 510 songs (Base on my device). No matter what types of file I put in the list it still scrollable to the end. I've tried 520 songs then scroll to the end,the player froze at almost the end of playlist and reboot itself.However, scrolling songs from folder work just fine.Does anyone have this problem? I hope next firmware will fix this.

Nov 17, 2020 at 9:29 PM Post #1,635 of 2,515
After I test in many scenario.I've found that one playlist can carry 510 songs (Base on my device). No matter what types of file I put in the list it still scrollable to the end. I've tried 520 songs then scroll to the end,the player froze at almost the end of playlist and reboot itself.However, scrolling songs from folder work just fine.Does anyone have this problem? I hope next firmware will fix this.

Someone has tried a playlist with 6500 songs on a playlist (HERE and HERE), it works, it will consume too much system resource causing the player to lag seriously or even freezed at time, but he did test the limit and confirmed that the playlist function don't have a limit theoretically, it just consumed all the resource and causing problem. We recommend each playlist hold upto 1000 titles only for this reason.

Your problem is most likely caused by a file address problem or corrupted music files or corrupted metadata in the playlist. What are the files content in your playlist? Mainly 16Bit/44.1kHz files? all DSD?

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back