Cayin N3Pro DAP: Dual AK4493 and MQA with Vacuum Tube
Nov 11, 2020 at 9:19 AM Post #1,576 of 2,518
Also, album cover art visible within Artist category: if there are more than 6 or 7 for the same artist, the bottom two, three, four album covers remain blank.
I believe its for the sake of performance, it doesn't load all of them at the same time, so you can get a smoother scrolling and overall more fps right after you enter the category. If that's the true, then i pretty much value responsiveness over waiting 2-3 seconds to load some album art.

Nov 11, 2020 at 9:28 AM Post #1,577 of 2,518
What do you pair it with usually and what's your favorite?

I have only had it for half a day but have tried it with Dt880, beyer tygr and a pair of shozy form 1.1.

It doesn’t quite drive the dt880 but it has plenty of volume and sounds nice enough. I like the dt880 on triode
The tygr are probably my favourite so far and sound amazing with linear mode.
The shozy iems sound ok. I prefer them on solid state but they aren’t the best match. They don’t sound bad as such but not amazing.

Nov 11, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #1,579 of 2,518
I have only had it for half a day but have tried it with Dt880, beyer tygr and a pair of shozy form 1.1.

It doesn’t quite drive the dt880 but it has plenty of volume and sounds nice enough. I like the dt880 on triode
The tygr are probably my favourite so far and sound amazing with linear mode.
The shozy iems sound ok. I prefer them on solid state but they aren’t the best match. They don’t sound bad as such but not amazing.
I think it could drive the dt880 but on balanced, it Has like 4x the power of triode.

Weird, my N3Pro hasn't crashed on me once.

Nov 11, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #1,580 of 2,518
I think it could drive the dt880 but on balanced, it Has like 4x the power of triode.

Weird, my N3Pro hasn't crashed on me once.

It’s been pretty good. It could be a folder structure or meta data thing. Who knows. I will get it sorted :)

yeah sadly the dt880 is non detachable single ended. I suppose I could check to see how it’s cabled. Might be able to reterminate. Don’t really want to put them apart and re-wire the drivers but if it’s a cable nip tuck it could be worth doing.

Nov 11, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #1,582 of 2,518
Just want to consult with community. My Cayin N3pro sometimes freezed and rebooth after that.

In original firmware, it happenned only for tube mode, then I think should be overheat problem due to tube operation. I contacted my local dealer in VN, and they answered that problem can be fixed by the next firmware.

But after I upgraded new firmware, still sometimes reboot and I'm very confused with that problem, cause after double check with some local N3pro users, they dont have that symptom as my once.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated, thank you!

Nov 11, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #1,584 of 2,518
Hi guys, is a 512GB card and above compatible with the N3 pro?

Nov 11, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #1,586 of 2,518
I received my N3 Pro today. It seems after trying out the Fiio M11 and the Ibasso DX160 I found my new DAP. Until now no freeze or reboots and no strange tube noice. My N3 Pro works well with a 512 GB card. The UI is suprisingly fast and the sound is very good.

I still have 2 questions:

1. The volumen wheel doesn't feel convincing. If the wheel breaks after the warranty ends can I adjust the volume via the UI/software?

2. The player does not show the album art of the songs. I had the same problem with the Hiby Music App.The album art is embedded in every song and the image resolution is 1000x1000 or more. I guess the cover files are too big or the resolution is too high?

Attachments

• 20201111_173956.jpg
    20201111_173956.jpg
    904.9 KB · Views: 0
Nov 11, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #1,587 of 2,518
I received my N3 Pro today. It seems after trying out the Fiio M11 and the Ibasso DX160 I found my new DAP. Until now no freeze or reboots and no strange tube noice. My N3 Pro works well with a 512 GB card. The UI is suprisingly fast and the sound is very good.

1. The volumen wheel doesn't feel convincing. If the wheel breaks after the warranty ends can I adjust the volume via the UI/software?

2. The player does not show the album art of the songs. I had the same problem with the Hiby Music App.The album art is embedded in every song and the image resolution is 1000x1000 or more. I guess the cover files are too big or the resolution is too high?
ur resolution too big.

Nov 11, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #1,588 of 2,518

Between Dx160 and N3 pro, which one do you like better?

Nov 12, 2020 at 1:34 AM Post #1,590 of 2,518

I could be wrong but seems like there's no way to trigger volume adjustment without using the wheel. But you can adjust the volume once it's triggered by swiping up/down on the numbers when they appear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back