Cayin N3Pro DAP: Dual AK4493 and MQA with Vacuum Tube
Nov 3, 2020 at 9:22 AM Post #1,546 of 2,518
One issue though @Andykong, the clock display only updates when the unit is unlocked. If I press the scroll wheel I would expect to see the correct time displayed, but that is not the case - I have to swipe up to unlock and update the time.

Nov 3, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #1,547 of 2,518
Announcement of Cayin N3Pro firmware v1.2

N3Pro1.2.jpg

New Functions and System Optimization

1. Added Search function in Songs, Artists and Album sections. Music files must be scanned before using this function and only supports the English alphabet as search parameter, Chinese and Japanese search only supports first letter of Pīnyīn or Romaji;

2. Added date and time function in System Setting menu;

3. Added “Recently Added” list under the List view, this list will display newly added music files in the TF card;

3-1. This function requires user to setup date and time, then perform a complete music scan on the N3Pro player;

3-2. When user adds new music to the TF card of the device, the system will collect the newly added music files and display in the “Recently Added” list without requiring a music scan. You can play the files directly, or select one or more music file and add to playlist;

3-3. Once the file is added to the “Recently Added” list, it will stay there even after new music scan, if you want to remove the file from the Recently Added list, you need to delete the file from the list manually. You can delete the current file, select multiple file to delete, or delete all files in the list;

4. Modified some UI and multilingual strings;

5. Other Bug fix and optimization.

For more information please visit our official website here.

Hello, are the developers going to introduce MQA support. best regards

Nov 3, 2020 at 10:44 PM Post #1,548 of 2,518
song scanning still cannot exceed 20000 with new firmware.

Nov 7, 2020 at 12:34 AM Post #1,554 of 2,518
Pairing this with the iBasso IT00 in TR mode and it's like listening to a decent retro turntable system. I love that this DAP makes my portable mainstays sound fantastic. The Meze sounds more holographic and the tube-like (and frankly I still can't believe how great this combo is) but efficient IEMs pair well with the tube output.

Tonight's music choice: Pulp Fiction soundtrack.

Nov 7, 2020 at 8:21 PM Post #1,557 of 2,518
0192FF83-471C-4003-828C-1ED79385732C.jpeg

the case is gorgeous.
So many wonderful looking cases coming out for daps these days

Nov 8, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #1,559 of 2,518
You'll love it! A few weeks in on using mine and it's my favourite audio gadget of all!!

Btw for anyone wanting to stream from tidal etc, just connect to the N3Pro from your phone (via bluetooth), works really well!

I agree being lovely, I do disagree on SQ when streaming through BT though, not for the DAP's fault btw but as a general limit of this technology at the moment. This to me is the main reason I am selling this otherwise brilliant DAP.

My fault in that sense, since I thought I'd got away with no Need to directly stream contents, but a general warning where basically if you are used to good sinergy from UAPP+Tidal (for instance) on a dedicated source + external DAC/amp Say, then to me we are not close to the same result you get with BT from the same source to the DAP.

Apart from that, It Is One of the best sounding DAPs and in that price range It can become a true "giant killer".

Nov 8, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #1,560 of 2,518
Btw for anyone wanting to stream from tidal etc, just connect to the N3Pro from your phone (via bluetooth), works really well!
[/QUOTE]

Agree - this has been a real surprise for me. I was expecting BT streaming to be too much of a compromise, SQ-wise, to be taken seriously.
In practice, I'm using it a good deal - streaming Tidal HiFi over AAC Bluetooth from my iPhone 8 Plus and it sounds great. SBC sounds rubbish, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back