Cayin N3Pro DAP: Dual AK4493 and MQA with Vacuum Tube
Oct 23, 2020 at 7:11 AM Post #1,486 of 2,515
This thing sings with the Andromeda, love this combo!

I like both Triode and Ultralinear, switching these two depending on an album :p

It certainly is a little beauty. But i nneed more listening time to work out any quirks it may have

*photo on A4 paper under strip lighting at work with an iphone SE :)

Oct 23, 2020 at 10:54 AM Post #1,487 of 2,515
This is quite a pairing with the Meze 99 Noir and silver upgrade cable. Vocals sound smooth and pretty much fantastic. Bass slams a bit harder and lower on my other DAP (along with having more treble sparkle), but this might be an overall more engaging experience due to the tube timbre. Currently preferring triode mode.

Oct 24, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #1,488 of 2,515
Love the tube!
30E6279C-13F9-4A10-AD7B-E239AF23BCEB.jpeg

Oct 24, 2020 at 7:07 PM Post #1,491 of 2,515
The volume sometimes stops working. I haven't been able to determine if its hardware or software yet though. My guess is software, since it's periodic and goes back to working perfectly. Anyone else getting this problem?

In better news, I haven't gotten any crashes in a few days, even when using the EQ.

EDIT: Seems to be mechanical. The volume works fine turning from the back of the DAP but not from the front. But the problem comes and goes. Weird.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2020 at 2:52 AM Post #1,494 of 2,515
Every time I try to use the EQ it stutters and restarts. Anyone else experiencing this?

The volume sometimes stops working. I haven't been able to determine if its hardware or software yet though. My guess is software, since it's periodic and goes back to working perfectly. Anyone else getting this problem?

In better news, I haven't gotten any crashes in a few days, even when using the EQ.

EDIT: Seems to be mechanical. The volume works fine turning from the back of the DAP but not from the front. But the problem comes and goes. Weird.

Glad to know that you no longer encounter any problem in routine operation especially when you access EQ, I didn't have that problem so so far we didn't receive any reporting stating that the player will restart when using EQ. Can't think of any reason that lead to the problem, especially when the problem suddenly goes away several days later. By the way, did you changed your TF card or music content in past few days.

Regarding your volume control problem, if you are using any protective case, take out the N3Pro, put it on table and turn the volume. If you still run into difficult with the volume, I suggest you get in touch with your dealer.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Oct 25, 2020 at 3:21 AM Post #1,495 of 2,515
Since I've installed the CAyin USB driver I'm getting WHEA Uncorrectable Error BSODs in Win 10.

USB DAC doesn't seem to work without it however.

Any suggestions?

Mine works fine as a USB DAC with the Windows 10 native USB drivers.

Weird, mine freezes up. And then since the Cayin drivers I've gotten that BSOD a few times.

Do you hear get any pops or crackles using USB DAC mode?

This is a freshly installed version of win 10 64 bit home addition.

Any tech people have any idea what might be up?

The N3Pro should works with Windows 10 native USB Audio Driver with the exception of ASIO, that's where the Cayin USB Driver comes in (Cayin USB Control Center is a plus to me). So to debug your system correctly, maybe we can uninstall the Cayin USB driver and spend some time to explore why the N3Pro is not working with your Window 10 PC. I have a feeling that once you solve the problem and get it work under Win 10 native driver, the Cayin USB driver will work accordingly.

What version of Windows 10 are you using? You can refer to Windows description HERE, I hope you are not using Windows 10 ver 2004, google Windows 10 2004 USB bug, Windows 10 2004 Audio bug, and Windows 10 2004 BSOD bug and you'll be alarmed. From what I just read, most of the BSOD related issues occur in a newly installed version due to outdated drivers, corrupted system components, missing files from Windows core, defective Windows image files and oftentimes because of bad areas in the Hard Disk. You might need to update your Drivers using Device Manager, run System File Checker to rectify defective Windows components, and/or activate DISM tool for the defective Windows image files in the worst case scenario.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Oct 25, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #1,496 of 2,515
Glad to know that you no longer encounter any problem in routine operation especially when you access EQ, I didn't have that problem so so far we didn't receive any reporting stating that the player will restart when using EQ. Can't think of any reason that lead to the problem, especially when the problem suddenly goes away several days later. By the way, did you changed your TF card or music content in past few days.

Regarding your volume control problem, if you are using any protective case, take out the N3Pro, put it on table and turn the volume. If you still run into difficult with the volume, I suggest you get in touch with your dealer.

Thanks Andy. I think I did delete the .FOUND directory that was created on my SD card. Maybe that's it? Nevertheless, its more stable now.

And I do have the dreaded Win 10 ver 2004. Looking into it now. Thanks for bringing to my attention!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back