Cayin N3Pro DAP: Dual AK4493 and MQA with Vacuum Tube
Sep 14, 2020 at 1:02 PM Post #841 of 2,518
Audiophile noob here. Just got the N3Pro as my first DAP. Have a question on FR graphs and translating them into EQ settings – got an Audeze iSine10 on loan and I'm at a loss at how to tune the EQ on the N3Pro. I have a PDF with lots of graphs on it to refer to but I have no idea what I'm looking at. Is it possible to tweak the sound of the iSine10 according to the recommended settings in the PDF via the N3Pro's EQ band?
you can try adjust using total curve on tat pdf on n3pro as close as u can get it.

Sep 14, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #843 of 2,518
This price is gor preorder with deliver up to 2 november
The 829 dollars is direct order
Anyway I will order from Musicteck

Good place and authorized dealer.

Even old 192 kbps files sound good in tube mode :)

20200914_141450.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2020 at 9:52 PM Post #845 of 2,518
I’m sure this has been asked, but is there gapless playback, and if so, does it work as it should with no clicks or other noise between tracks?

Looks like a nice dap and I love the inclusion of tubes. I wonder how many hours the tubes are good for and whether the N3 Pro needs to be sent back to Cayin for replacement.

Sep 15, 2020 at 2:15 AM Post #847 of 2,518
I

I would say go for it - experiment and see what works but be mindful of what you're trying to correct or enhance by using EQ. For example, my modded TH-X00 have peaks in the upper mids and lower treble that I find harsh, so I try and correct this (according to my subjective preference) by cutting those frequencies until it sounds 'right' for me.
At this point it becomes 'set and forget' for me - I will select that custom EQ profile when using those headphones but I won't tweak it according to genre, output stage selected (i.e. SS, UL or TR) or individual file - it would get too fiddly for me and detract from my enjoyment of the music.
Agree with the 'set and forget' approach. It's not that the sound is bad – far from it – and more importantly it was here I learnt the difference between graphical EQs and parametric EQs, the latter of which the N3Pro doesn't seem to have. Nonetheless the N3Pro sounds amazing and well worth the purchase – to my untrained ears anyway. Thanks for the tip!

Sep 15, 2020 at 7:39 AM Post #849 of 2,518
Maybe one of the folder or music file is NOT recognisable by the system, it can be strange coding in ID3 tag, or corrupted file. look for files that has symbols in filename or title name. Files that are smaller then average (less than 1MB) or larger then average. .. etc.

Rounghly how many songs altogether in your TF card? Can you move to the last song with r, stay to play through the songs start with S, skip to next songs after 10 sec to make sure the songs, album art and metadata are all recognised by the player?
I am not sure why but I just tried again and it works....... I have roughly 9000 songs

Sep 15, 2020 at 11:13 AM Post #850 of 2,518
Has anyone who’s heard the Shanling M0 or M5S AND the N3Pro able to compare them? How about n3pro vs. Wm1a?

Sep 15, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #851 of 2,518
mine just arrived thanks to the fast shipping from Musictek(great folks).
Be nice to get the jade case when they get it in as it seems this thing is very easy to scratch.
The UI/keys are so different from my N3 so it's an adjustment

So far I've been testing my Venture Electronics Zen 2 Omegas through the 3.5 to test the tube options and my VE Sun DICE and my Wong Kuan Wae Blurs from the 4.4 bal side.
Never really found a reasonably priced player that could do them justice without an external amp. So far so good with some compilation DSD tracks from Blue Coast and Native DSD. Gonna test the TIN P1 and my Ollo S4 later.

Is there a burn in period required for the tubes
Can't remember what I did with my old B4X

Sep 15, 2020 at 4:44 PM Post #852 of 2,518
Really torn between buying this or a Shanling M5s. I really appreciate how the UI and folder browsing work on Shanling devices, and their volume wheels are high quality and feel really good. I’m concerned the N3Pro will be less usable for me. I wish we had a good manual or even a good video showing the UI being used at length.

Especially browsing by folder, how to get to the currently playing album while playing a track, etc. I browse by folder almost exclusively, Artist > Album then typically listen to full albums. After I start playing the album I like to be able to quickly see where the track that’s currently playing is in the list of all the album tracks. I also like to be able to back out to the other albums in the artists folder, then back to artists, rather than starting back at the root folder of the sd card.

Other details from actual users I’d like to hear more about is actual battery usage times, how long after adding new albums to the sd card does it take for the unit/sd card to update, etc?

Sep 15, 2020 at 5:31 PM Post #853 of 2,518
Really torn between buying this or a Shanling M5s. I really appreciate how the UI and folder browsing work on Shanling devices, and their volume wheels are high quality and feel really good. I’m concerned the N3Pro will be less usable for me. I wish we had a good manual or even a good video showing the UI being used at length.

Especially browsing by folder, how to get to the currently playing album while playing a track, etc. I browse by folder almost exclusively, Artist > Album then typically listen to full albums. After I start playing the album I like to be able to quickly see where the track that’s currently playing is in the list of all the album tracks. I also like to be able to back out to the other albums in the artists folder, then back to artists, rather than starting back at the root folder of the sd card.

Other details from actual users I’d like to hear more about is actual battery usage times, how long after adding new albums to the sd card does it take for the unit/sd card to update, etc?

Sep 15, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #854 of 2,518
It takes about 5 mins to update an sd card and with me that's about 11000 tracks... Btw.. You can use hiby link to connect dap to. your phone and the ui on that is much more intuitive and really easy to use. This dap would be a bit awkward of it wasn't for the fact that hiby link makes life a whole lot easier

Sep 15, 2020 at 5:39 PM Post #855 of 2,518
It takes about 5 mins to update an sd card and with me that's about 11000 tracks... Btw.. You can use hiby link to connect dap to. your phone and the ui on that is much more intuitive and really easy to use. This dap would be a bit awkward of it wasn't for the fact that hiby link makes life a whole lot easier
how you managed to upload to sd card so fast?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back